Jason.... I didn't so much bed the action, as bed the stock. As folks have eluded to here... the stock seems to be the weakest point of the gun. As far as ergos go, it's fine... it's just that it's flimsy... as I'm sure you know. I took a file to all the molding lines in the stock... some of them you could nearly shave with. Then sanded it a little to provide a little adhesion area for the Krylon.

It seems to me, that the way the rifle is attached to the stock, via the V-Lugs, is a pretty good system. I didn't really experience any shifts in POI while beating the crap out of it for 3 hours... so I'm convinced the action will stay where it's told in the stock.

The stock staying away from the pipe is another story, and I felt it was the biggest cause of the little fliers (.5-.75moa) I was seeing at 400-600. It would pound a couple in the middle... then a wierd high right hit. Not enough to miss... but certainly outside the majority of other shots.

I took a rasp to the inside of the barrel channel to relieve it, especially on the left side. I could see almost immediately that there was no way to get enough gap, because the stock was flexing back by the action... right at the front screw. So I mixed up some JB Putty, roughed up the action, and stuffed the putty in about the first 1.5" of the barrel channel from the lug forward. I sprayed down the action with OneShot, and snugged it into the stock just like I was gonna shoot it. Let it dry a couple hours, popped it out, trimmed it up, and viola... no more stock touching barrel without some serious effort. Don't know that it'll help with the "accuracy"... but it should help with the consistency. I know some folks will bemoan the use of the putty.... but come-on man... it's a plastic f'n stock... if I'm in a situation where the JB Putty is failing... the stock has long since melted.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......