Personally I have refused to buy ANY new S&W products since the sell out that occurred during the Clinton administration. That includes all handguns, rifles, shotguns and anything with the S&W logo on it.

I will purchase older firearms produced by S&W as long as NONE of my money goes to the anti-gun company who sold out all gun owners to an oppressive government.

My decision has nothing to do with the locks installed on newer models (although I don't like the locks and consider them to be another form of sell-out to the anti-gun movement).

I would likely not buy any S&W product that has a lock on it anyway. I do not purchase Ruger products with a lock either and avoid all products with unwanted added on safety features such as newer Winchester and Marlin rifles. I have traded for a few of these when the price was right, but traded them away as soon as possible.....so as to not contaminate my other guns in the gun room.

If God had intended for guns to have locks and added safeties.....he would have told Ruger, Henry, Browning and others to design them that way in the first place. Since none of those folks seemed to get that message from on high, I've got to assume even God doesn't approve of such "improvements".

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know