Here is my 7x57. It is a T-99 Arisaka action with a surplus 7x57 LR Mauser barrel I bought in the white. The barrel had Israeli markings on it. I used a T-38 stock and made anything I could out of aluminum and titanium. The project started out as just a tough, super light, mountain rifle and somehow became the most accurate rifle I own. Last year before deer season I fired four shots on the 100 yard range. The 1st shot is always high (Dirty the bore)and the next 3 were great. Two holes intersecting and the third was in one of the other two holes. You could only see 3 holes out of 4 shots. I am getting old and am sure that this rifle shoots way better than I can. It has made me a couple bucks on the ranges over the years. The exposed metal is from years of rough use. The baked on aluminum paint is wearing off.
I use Remington 7MM 150 Gr PSP bullets with 43.0 grains of IMR 4350 OAL 3.00. At one time I used Hornady 175 Gr RN bullets, but the 150 Gr bullets gave closer groups. 43.0 Grains is light, but I figure the accuracy overrides the speed. Every now and then I have to do a headshot in the laurel and logs.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]