I thought it would be the Silver Spur. I've been elk hunting around the ranch for the past few years and the moose are thick in there. Last year, during second season, the moose were herded up into one large herd over 20 animals. Two big bulls, many smaller "Bullwinkles" and cows. We kept running into them everyday. Opening day my step son and I were bluff charged and it was hilarious running through the trees half laughing, half in terror and then watching him blow past me like I was standing still. On my last day hunting, the big girl with a calf charged me when I surprised all of them on the ranch fenceline. With my back against the fence and no where to go, she charged around her calf - thankfully she stopped at about 15 feet and I didn't have to poke her 'tween the eyes. That encounter left me shaken up pretty good. Never seen moose herd up into more than 5 or 6 animals.

The ranch manager Dave is a pretty good guy and the ranch properties are easy to hunt. You should fill your tag and have a good time.

Congrats and good luck to ya!

"I don't live in a liberal universe, my dad gave me a brain and began kicking life lessons into it until I stopped being stupid"