Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Just checked. I have a deer tag, an antelope tag and by the looks of it a RFW cow moose tag.Elk are not shown yet,only the app.

Congratulations on the moose. I hope you will share your story on that one as it unfolds.
Someday I hope to be lucky enough to draw that.

I was getting close for me if I would have to give up hunting before got a tag. Already I had to let a bunch of goat and sheep tags go. The only reason that I pursued this was that they guide you and get your moose out for you.

I will probably pick up a new electric chain saw and use olive oil in it to cut the darn thing up.I got a little 800 watt generator that will run it.

I'm more excited about this than I was when I got that 201 elk tag after 20 years applying. This only took 15.

Congrats on your moose tag! It's something special to be able to hunt a moose in your home state. Got mine 6 years ago, with a good friend along to help skin, quarter, and pack out.

We used the disarticulation method of field dressing- skin, remove quarters, neck meat, backstraps, etc., and leave the carcass and guts intact. Works especially well on moose, and only a couple of sharp knives are needed. Result is very clean meat, which cools out quickly. Another tip- if you are in reasonable distance from a vehicle, a cheap plastic kid's sled for snaking out quarters works very well.
Since you are hunting a RFW area, you may not need to worry about much of the stuff after the kill.
Good luck!!!!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....