I haven't blown one up myself. I've had several face-palm incidents as well as lucky breaks on some loads. Had a friend that gave me some of his reloaded 25-06's to 'try out'. I took them home but didn't have time to shoot them.
Couple of weeks later we were chatting and he said his reloading method was to simply pour IMR-4831 into a bowl and scoop the case full, then just 'crunch' the bullet down. He stated that he used magnum primers to make sure every grain was ignited.
I went home and pulled everyone of those cartridges and never shot anything he loaded.
Not idea what it would have done to my rifle but I wasn't going to find out.

Upon graduation from college I got a job with a sporting goods store in Conroe, Tx. We had a customer come in with his left hand bandaged up to his elbow. Seems he'd been riding along on his ATV on some back roads when a little buck bounced out into the road. He pulled is Mod. 100 Winchester out of the scabbard and let one go. Seems there was about 12" of mud in the 18" barrel and the barrel, fore end and part of the receiver let go as well. The wood from the fore end as well as part of the barrel nearly took his thumb off as well as his pinkie. His buddies found the pinkie and put it on ice and hurried him to the hospital to get everything sewed back on.
He was bringing us the rifle to show people not to carry their rifle in a scabbard in the east Texas mud.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.