I've always been impressed with Kahles scopes and own several, in spite of the issues they've had with maintaining a consistent (and in some cases, even competent) US distributor. I have no doubt this scope is fantastic, as their previous AH, KX, and CL 1" tube scopes were all very nice.

That said, 50mm has become my own personal upper limit in objective diameter on a hunting rifle, and I'd prefer no larger than 42/44mm. The scopes I tend to gravitate toward for BG hunting almost always top out at no more than 10X (if a variable), and except for specialized applications like night hunting, I don't personally think scopes in that category really need 50mm+ objectives. I've never seen any low light performance limitation during legal shooting hours with any high quality 42mm scope at the magnifications I'll be using for BG hunting. My personal "rule of thumb" is I don't want the scope's objective bell being wider than my rifle's forend. Some of that is admittedly based on subjective aesthetics for me, but a trim scope also slides in and out of a rifle scabbard more easily without snagging. Moreover, I'd just prefer not to have anything attached to my rifles that project any further in any direction than necessary for good function.

The 50mm objective on this scope wouldn't prevent me from buying it if I liked it otherwise, and it is compact for its mag range and objective size, but I'd still prefer it was a 42mm scope.

Being a fan of mid range compact variables, I realize I don't fall into the "more is better" buyer mentality these days as far as scopes are concerned. I can't blame Kahles for trying to offer what sells or doing what is necessary to meet their design goals.

Ted