Looks like we got a green light from the owner so I’m happy to offer the 24 hr campfire a camping/shooting event at my cabin!
But be in known, (For legal reasons, 24hr campfire and its staff is not affiliated with the gathering or the activities to be held, and is not liable for any actions during the meet.)

Since im kinda new here, let me tell you a little about me.
I enjoy bringing cyber posters on websites together to share something in common, shooting! Being retired military, I have a lot of free time to devote to my passion, shotguns, outdoors, and people. I enjoy it so much, that I bought this abandoned range a few years ago. It was part of an old cow farm. The owner built the range for his wife. Honest! The range is not a commercial operation. Its private and in my back yard. I use it now to have people come out and learn to shoot when I’m visiting the farm from Virginia. It also gives the locals something to do after those long hard days on the farm. I only visit up to Mo. twice a year, in October and April. Sorry, its the only window I can offer. Taking care of 3 families in 3 states isn’t easy.

It hurts to watch this range go to waste. so instead, I’d like to offer you all a chance to come meet me here. It'll be a great little getaway which I promise will be worth your time.
I use to shoot on the Navy Shooting Team. That’s rifle, pistol, and shotgun. I was on the world champion Navy Skeet Team that won gold in San Antonio Tx. back in the 90's. I know the game.
To make your visit worth the trip, I’m offering free instruction and coaching to all that sign up.
I prefer it to be 'bring your own shotgun,' but if you don’t have one, I will ensure some will be here for you to borrow for free. And too, others will surely bring some to loan as well.
I will open my clubhouse for free as well. The clubhouse is metal exterior w/ knotty pine, has running water, toilet, heat, and ac.
It has a kitchen, so anyone is welcome to use it to cook. I cant cook for you guys....I’ll be teaching on the range, so if you want to bbq or eat grub, bring your own food and cook it yourselves. I also supply ear plugs and coffee to all shooters for free.

The range parking lot is big enough for campers. I don’t have camper sewage, but I do have electricity and water hookups. Bring your extension cords and hoses. Its only one outlet on the pole, so use as many 3 way splitters you want until something pops. So if you want to bring a camper to save on motels, feel free. Pitch a tent for free too, if you’d like. I have benches around a girl scout ring for evening fires.

Weather is always the stick in the mud, so we all really do need to plan this as a weekend event. Banking on one day is a gamble. So plan it as a 3 day weekend. If you can get here Friday and it rains Saturday, it will give us wiggle room. If you leave Monday morning, even better. But I understand most of you must return for work and must leave Sunday. Sunday is a mostly a fallback day anyway.

Tickets are 50.00. Tickets confirm you’re serious. I don’t want to drive 1500 miles to set this up and have no one show because they didn’t feel like waking up. Tickets cover the cost of damage, machine maintenance, utilities, grounds prep/upkeep by my ranch hand.
Bring 10 boxes of shells and 3 cases of targets. You bring them, and I will toss them from professional traps.
Many pitch in to give free prizes to winners. We will all gladly receive any other donated items needed to hold the meet, like bbq briquettes, condiments, bag of ice cubes, extra cases of clay targets from Wal-Mart, sports authority, in case someone forgets or shows up late, etc...
we all pitch in to make it happen.
This match is designed for beginners to get a feel for the sport on a budget. I will shepherd you through the basics to the 5 different games for free.
Of course if you’re a skilled shooter, come as well! But to ensure there are no ringers, the top score must shoot against me in the last event if they want to win; because, I shoot in proxy for last place. If I win, last place wins the match trophy. High score wins the prizes. So don’t be scared away over a match due to a lack of skill. Its a lot of fun. One fellow hit 7 out of 125 and won the match!
And when the meet is over...we all attend a dutch steak dinner at the local pub called club 60 in mountain grove, mo.. It goes well into the night.

http://club60steakhouse.com/

so get out there in the forums and send people this direction. I look forward to meeting those that come. i will keep the thread updated. stop in from time to time.

Attached Images
3[1].jpg (35.12 KB, 49 downloads)

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member, Navy Shooting Team
Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO