until i can get a feel for what people like, i normally offer the shoot to start on sat morn. we normally get it all done by 6pm and go into town for steaks. trophies arehanded out, and those wanting to leave go home and campers wanting to stay a night come back. sunday is church so shooting starts at noon on sunday. those that stay get a chance to do some more shooting. the sat match is only 5 boxes. so everyone will have 5 boxes left over. its the best time to use up those 5 games.
in the past...a lot of shooters travel on friday from wherever and bed down in town. (30 miles away)(no joke)(nothing in between) or come to my place to make camp. saturday everyone converges at 9am. and the fun begins.
i always suggest, if you can get here early on friday, you can start shooting early in case it rains saturday. and....we can have night shooting fri night. saturday is still the main event but friday shooters get to log their scores friday and hang out until the final shoot sat afternoon....and eat, chat, etc.....
sunday then becomes a swing day in case more shooting is wanted. seems to work best that way.
so, the more the interest here the better we can see what weekend is best.
spread the word!

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member, Navy Shooting Team
Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO