Black Powder , and patched round ball or conical.
don’t disregard the hollow base . As long as its got a thicker skirt you shouldn’t see issues with reasonable hunting loads .
I shoot a hollow base 435 gr, backed with 110 grains of 3F in my 1 in 72 twist flintlock . More then accurate even off hand at 100.
As to round ball . The 1 in 48 is just as capable of producing RB accuracy with either . I have worked over plenty of TC and CVA with 1 in 48 twist barrels that are producing superb accuracy .
Spend some time working up a charge , patch , patch lube and / ball combo . Doing so is just as important to the accuracy of a RB as it is with any conical
You will need either a .530 or .535 RB or RB mould . I say either because it will depend on what the actual size of your bore is . Same goes for the other conical recommended . . All can work and most will work well in the right bore . IE just because your rifle says 54 cal . doesn’t mean that’s what it truly is . It could have a bore in the .535 or even up to or a little above the .545 range .

[Linked Image]