Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The Black Dilemma – From the BALTIMORE SUN, Ian Duncan, Reporter

Comment 1 - This would be considered a Racist newspaper article by the politically correct Liberals in the USA. Ian Duncan is a "middle of the road" reporter in political philosophy. He witnessed the chaos in Baltimore and has tried to understand it. What he is trying to rationalize is why, after 150 years and 100 rounds of billions of dollars spent, have only a very few (he refers to W. E. B. DuBois 10%) Afro-Americans have made it into the mainstream. How does the Government rationalize the incredible success of immigrant children from Asia, India and Latin America with less benefits, pulling themselves up into the middle and upper classes when an estimated 60% of the Afro Americans are unable to lift themselves out of poverty and welfare, generation after generation. As always, I don't agree with everything Ducan writes, but he does raise a continuing fundamental problem of how a majority of Afro Americans are going to be productive members of Society.

“The Baltimore Sun” is definitely not known as a Conservative newspaper. This very well written assessment of the situation in USA comes as something of a surprise.. some objective observations about other races that have come to the USA and successfully integrated into our society. This article will obviously be called racist, and will upset the liberals, but they should really think about the message and this deeply rational point of view.

Comment 2 – As a related reference, look no farther than how well the “good intentions” of the U. S. Government’s management of the native American peoples has turned out.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Black Dilemma, by Ian Duncan

"For almost 150 years the United States has been conducting an interesting experiment. The subjects of the experiment: black people and working-class whites.

The hypothesis to be tested: Can a people taken from the jungles of Africa and forced into slavery be fully integrated as citizens in a majority white population?

The whites were descendants of Europeans who had created a majestic civilization. The former slaves had been tribal peoples with no written language and virtually no intellectual achievements. Acting on a policy that was not fair to either group, the government released newly freed black people into a white society that saw them as inferiors. America has struggled with racial discord ever since.

Decade after decade the problems persisted but the experimenters never gave up. They insisted that if they could find the right formula the experiment would work, and concocted program after program to get the result they wanted. They created the Freedmans Bureau, passed civil rights laws, tried to build the Great Society, declared War on Poverty, ordered race preferences, built housing projects, and tried midnight basketball.

Their new laws intruded into peoples lives in ways that would have been otherwise unthinkable. They called in National Guard troops to enforce school integration. They outlawed freedom of association. Over the protests of parents, they put white children on buses and sent them to black schools and vice-versa. They tried with money, special programs, relaxed standards, and endless hand wringing to close the achievement gap. To keep white backlash in check they began punishing public and even private statements on race. They hung up Orwellian public banners that commanded whites to Celebrate Diversity! and Say No to Racism. Nothing was off limits if it might salvage the experiment.

Some thought that what W.E.B. DuBois called the Talented Tenth would lead the way for black people. A group of elite, educated blacks would knock down doors of opportunity and show the world what blacks were capable of.
There is a Talented Tenth. They are the black Americans who have become entrepreneurs, lawyers, doctors and scientists. But ten percent is not enough. For the experiment to work, the ten percent has to be followed by a critical mass of people who can hold middle-class jobs and promote social stability. That is what is missing.

Through the years, too many black people continue to show an inability to function and prosper in a culture unsuited to them. Detroit is bankrupt, the south side of Chicago is a war zone, and the vast majority of black cities all over America are beset by degeneracy and violence. And blacks never take responsibility for their failures. Instead, they lash out in anger and resentment.

Across the generations and across the country, as we have seen in Detroit, Watts, Newark, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, and now Ferguson, rioting and looting are just one racial incident away. The white elite would tell us that this doesn't mean the experiment has failed. We just have to try harder. We need more money, more time, more understanding, more programs, and more opportunities.

But nothing changes no matter how much money is spent, no matter how many laws are passed, no matter how many black geniuses are portrayed on TV, and no matter who is president. Some argue its a problem of culture, as if culture creates peoples behavior instead of the other way around. Others blame white privilege.

But since 1965, when the elites opened Americas doors to the Third World, immigrants from Asia and India people who are not white, not rich, and not connected have quietly succeeded. While the children of these people are winning spelling bees and getting top scores on the SAT, black youths are committing half the country's violent crime, which includes viciously punching random white people on the street for the thrill of it that has nothing to do with poverty.

The experiment has failed. Not because of white culture, or white privilege, or white racism. The fundamental problem is that American black culture has evolved into an un-fixable and crime ridden mess. *They do not want to change their culture or society, and expect others to tolerate their violence and amoral behavior. They have become socially incompatible with other races by their own design, not because of the racism of others - but by their own hatred of non-blacks.*

Our leaders don't seem to understand just how tired their white subjects are with this experiment. *They don't understand that white people aren't out to get black people; they are just exhausted with them. They are exhausted by the social pathologies, the violence, the endless complaints, and the blind racial solidarity, the bottomless pit of grievances, the excuses, and the reflexive animosity. The liberal elites explain everything with racism, and refuse to believe that white frustration could soon reach the boiling point."---

"You can't legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government doesn't first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they don't have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Ian Duncan
The Baltimore Sun , May 30, 2015

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am debating with a wealthy African American friend on this very subject right now.

I love that article - especially when he talks about white exhaustion.

here is what I wrote to my friend

------------
As long as black offenders – and young black men in particular – are over-represented in America’s crime statistics, there is always going to be an inequality in multiple aspects of racial bias.

That's going to play out it neighborhoods that aren't diverse, especially in big city urban communities.

Whether the problem is racial or poverty based is irrelevant to many at this point but its important to note that this cycle of poverty has continued for 40 years even with multiple programs designed to end it or create opportunities for it to be decreased.

You look at Baltimore in particular - since the late 60s and era of civil rights law enactment the people of Baltimore have overwhelmingly voted in Democrats. African Americans have been well represented in political positions and community activism. Baltimore is the closest major city to Washington D.C. and has had as much political exposure for change as any city in America.

If any city should be a blueprint for eliminating the cycle of poverty and the resulting racial bias that has been created from it, its Baltimore.

Yet virtually nothing has changed since the mid 60's in the urban centers of the city.

What is the appropriate length of time to be given before someone is allowed to say - you know what - that's on them, not everyone else? At what point can you say they've squandered opportunity after opportunity to get away from the behaviors and environment that continues to put them in a situation where 13% of the population generates a disproportionate level of crime. Another decade? two decades?

Why is it wrong for someone to note that African American children in Baltimore and every other city in America have access to a free public education and from that can attend a vocational school, a college or join the military as an opportunity to get out of that poverty - the same opportunity afforded every American in this country? Yes, there are obstacles, yes, there is racial bias, but what is holding them back is not the external world beyond the city blocks of their neighborhood - its the environment and culture developed within the city blocks of Baltimore - the city run by officials elected by these people, with mayors in charge of the police. 4 of the last 5 mayors of Baltimore were African American, representing 21 out of 29 years of elected office.

I'm not holding them back - my neighbors aren't holding them back. That's the general attitude of America outside of Baltimore (and other cities with similar problems). Baltimore is holding Baltimore back.

------------------

Last edited by KFWA; 06/15/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T LEE

Some thought that what W.E.B. DuBois called the Talented Tenth would lead the way for black people. A group of elite, educated blacks would knock down doors of opportunity and show the world what blacks were capable of.
There is a Talented Tenth. They are the black Americans who have become entrepreneurs, lawyers, doctors and scientists. But ten percent is not enough. For the experiment to work, the ten percent has to be followed by a critical mass of people who can hold middle-class jobs and promote social stability. That is what is missing.

Interesting point there, and my observation as well.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Incredible poverty where I live in West Virginia that is many, many generations old and I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a LEO in the area yet crime is minimal being limited to petty theft and crimes against family members.

In essence there is no law enforcement presence here and the poor white folks manage themselves quite well.

Put all the above into a negro community and get back to me on that.

The negro ain't got enough brains to blow out a birthday cake.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Incredible poverty where I live in West Virginia that is many, many generations old and I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a LEO in the area yet crime is minimal being limited to petty theft and crimes against family members.

In essence there is no law enforcement presence here and the poor white folks manage themselves quite well.

Rural black communities are pretty much the same.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've read this several times now and it's extremely good.

However, it was never published in the Baltimore Sun and predates the Baltimore riots by quite some time.

http://m.snopes.com/politics-soapbox-black-dilemma/

Last edited by 4ager; 06/15/15.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Something to be learned from a simple life I suspect but I think the rural blacks are more violent than the whites. It's part of their make up.

Oops!!, my neighbor killed his brother in the front yard a few weeks ago.

There are poor white neighborhoods in the urban areas and the conditions between the two are vastly different.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
here's another thing that African Americans ignore in regards to whites

Take a look at Appalachia - going back to before the 1900's, those people have been exploited - first for their timber, then once the land was stripped of any value, they went after the mineral rights, buying resources for pennies on the dollar from dirt poor farmers living on a side of a mountaing that could barely grow crops , then for decades paid them in poverty wages to mine those resources out of the ground.

During the depression, Roosevelt created T.V.A. to bring them into the modern era and out of the 19th century, and in the 60's before civil rights, Kennedy was so appalled by their living conditions he declared a war on poverty to pull them out.

The point is that these people have very similar circumstances to Black America since the late 1800's. No, they didn't have to deal with Jim Crow laws but they have been exploited and then have had multiple government interventions with tax payer dollars to get them out of this cycle of poverty.

Instead of taking advantage of this opportunity, or having that 10% lay a foundation for future growth to develop a middle class, they have become a culture noted for having substantive living around government handouts and illegal activities. Not all - some prospered well enough in the coal mines (thru some really hard fought battles) to stay above poverty.

But there are distinct differences - you don't hear about rioting in Appalachia based on police abuse that is really tied to economic conditions, you don't see national leaders come to the aid of those affected by perceived abuse but what you do is the same level of disdain by White America for these people that will not change their culture to get out of this cycle of government dependency, illegal trade and failed opportunity.

While this is my opinion, I really believe working White America has at little tolerance for that Appalachian culture of the generations who look for the government checks for their living as they do for Black America in regards to their rioting and demands for equality.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/15/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have a little different take but along the same lines.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Something to be learned from a simple life I suspect but I think the rural blacks are more violent than the whites. It's part of their make up.

Oops!!, my neighbor killed his brother in the front yard a few weeks ago.

There are poor white neighborhoods in the urban areas and the conditions between the two are vastly different.

You'd be wrong.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
500 thousand years ago, we all started pretty much the same. Fast forward to the Colonial Era and the blacks in Africa (as well as the American Indian) were still pretty much in the Stone Age. Today in Africa, whatever modicum of civilized society they have, they owe to the Europeans. The WHEEL for chrissake was unknown in Africa until the 1600s. And no I don't buy they excuse they didn't develop because the fruit on their trees hung lower and the weather was nicer.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unlike present day blacks in Africa I can't think of any caucasians still living in stone age conditions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think it's that complicated. The smart ones left Africa as soon as they could figure a way out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any group that collectively has "if it feels good, do it and damn the consequences" aas its prime motivating factor will never build, only take and destroy.

Take the book you turned me on to "The Africa House". Africans were there 50 million years and produced grass huts. A Brit ex-officer turns up and makes bricks, builds them brick houses and himself an English estate all in a few years. He died and they went back to living in grass uts becasue they refused to maintain the brick houses.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I don't think it's that complicated. The smart ones left Africa as soon as they could figure a way out.

Saw a black Ph.d on TV that stated that through DNA testing he guesses that he has more relatives in Ireland that in Africa.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go here and read some of the cock & bull causes and solutions to their current plight.

www.blackvisions.org

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Simply put, Black Society is at war with itself and has been for eons. Many similarities to Muslims.

It is sad for the black citizens who want to separate themselves from the ongoing internal conflicts within the race as they are most often grouped with the worst elements and I believe they are the silent majority within but have few if any articulate spoke persons.

Mickey Coleman before his passing wrote a succinct piece on why he chose to separate himself from all of it. Wished I could find and put that musing here again.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Our leaders don't seem to understand just how tired their white subjects are with this experiment. *They don't understand that white people aren't out to get black people; they are just exhausted with them. They are exhausted by the social pathologies, the violence, the endless complaints, and the blind racial solidarity, the bottomless pit of grievances, the excuses, and the reflexive animosity. The liberal elites explain everything with racism, and refuse to believe that white frustration could soon reach the boiling point."---

I call it 'negro fatigue', and yes, it's a real condition. Lots of White folks are just worn out tired of this chit.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 06/15/15.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it would appear that snopes says that article is a fake - or at least not from the Baltimore Sun

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It doesn't really matter who wrote it or for which newspaper; it is still spot on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1OntarioJim, 160user, 1minute, 10Glocks, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,651
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.