[Linked Image]

Link at Bud's Guns

Specs:

Model: A4(T) Rifle with Free Float Handguard in Black or Green
Caliber: .223/5.56 X 45 mm NATO National Match
Barrel: 20" AISI 416R Stainless Steel T Heavy
Rifling Twist: RH 1:8"69-80 Grain Ammo
Muzzle Device: None
Front Sight Base: Gas Block Top of gas block is .293 (+/-) lower than top of upper receiver
Upper Receiver: Forged Flattop with Picatinny Rail, 7075-T6 Aluminum
Lower Receiver: 7075-T6 Aluminum (forged)
Trigger: National Match two stage - 1st stage 2.5 lbs - 2nd stage 4.5-5 lbs
Overall Length: 39.5"
Weight: 8 lbs 13 oz
Finish: Hard Anodized Aluminum, Manganese Phosphated Steel
Accuracy: 1 MOA -
Included with Rifle: (1) 10 Round Magazine, Black Case, Owners Manual, Limited Lifetime Warranty -

Last edited by Bushmaster1313; 06/08/15.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

two consecutive 10 shot groups at 100 yards.

Disclaimer - the gun didn't start as a AR15T, but as a 16" rifle with the same A2 stock. I bought the 20" NM barrel and free float tube from Armalite, however.

So far in my experience, Armalite's target guns shoot very well.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't know how bad prices have changed in the last 5-10 yeras, but 1200 bucks I"m having a KNOWN good barrel put on my gun.

Wylde is simply the chamber reamer used, IE certain specs... it means nothing really other than how its chambered.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes whose barrel? Also what parts? The every thing is the same crowd cannot explain why some things cost more than others.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I bought an AR-10T awhile ago.

At that time, the *T* designation meant a Lothar Walther barrel.

Don't know whether that's still the case.

Mine shot better than me, FWIW.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Walther are not top line barrels. On par with Douglas but not the very top.

FWIW, both or any may suffice for anyone though depending.

Were it me, put the money on a Krieger or any of the Krieger clones if accuracy was the top demand. Thats IF....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Yes whose barrel? Also what parts? The every thing is the same crowd cannot explain why some things cost more than others.

If I were looking to build a similar rig that was durable, inexpensive, and comparably accurate, I'd build it as follows:

Anderson Upper, squared via PTG lap bar $38 + $23 lap bar
Anderson Lower $38
Anderson LPK $40
RRA Varmint 2 stage $79
Ergo Grip $19
Ace Fixed stock $89
DPMS rifle receiver extension $14
DPMS rifle spring $5
DPMS rifle buffer $14
Odin 18" 3gun w/ rifle gas port in 223 Wylde(Includes Odin block) $255
Seekins melonite gas tube $20
Kaw Valley Linear Comp
Vector Optics 15" keymod FF tube $60
NiB full auto MPT BCG $105
MagPul Gen 3 10rnd mag $12

Throw in FFL fee and a bit for shipping and you're still sub $900 for a pretty nice budget build with a bbl that's gauranteed sub MOA.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Put an Odin 16.1" on one of Dad's rigs the other day. Function checked and zeroed with cheap PMC Bronze 55FMJs, 3 with cheap Fiocchi 62 FMJ at 100:
[Linked Image]
Then 3 Winchester 69g Match at 100:
[Linked Image]

A&W top for reference. No, not 5 or 10 shot groups. It was a crude test off the camp porch to ensure function. He'll not need the accuracy being he's just running a reflex on the rig, but it was nice to see the Odin was living up to the hype.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
How well do the Odin barrels (1 in 8" twist) work with 77 grain bullets?

Retired cat herder.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Have yet to see any halfway decent AR barrel not produce a sub MOA 3 shot group.

Please shoot a 10 shot group or two and show us what they are capable of.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yeah I think its overpriced I also think its a tank of a gun 20" hbar barrel? its a freaking 9# ar 15!!! are you shooting prairie dogs or what with it. you really should decide what you want the gun to do, home defense, predator hunting, general plinking? everyone wants different things on their gun. for me and that kind of money, I will have a brand name barrel, lilja,blackhole etc, sop mod stock, midwest float tube and either a RRA varmint or geisslle trigger. but thats just me.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Armalite rifles are ok...They are not any better than any of the common generic AR rifles floating around. They pretty much just hype the name and put a price tag to match. (The owner of Armalite just bought the name).

Barrels used to be Wilson (not Wilson Combat)....Most of the parts are pretty much generic sporter AR parts available at any gunshow. They used to have fairly nicely cut uppers 10 years ago...But who knows what they are buying nowdays.

Armalite NM triggers are terrible, they wear out and fail quickly. If there is a worse NM trigger out there, I have yet to see it.

You could build your own for about 1/3 less and have a rifle just as nice.

Last edited by slingworks; 06/14/15.
B
B
I have an Armalite M15A2 model. It has a NM 2-stage trigger. I have shot a high power match with it using cheap ammo. My instructor/partner could not beleive how well it shot.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slingworks
Armalite rifles are ok...They are not any better than any of the common generic AR rifles floating around. They pretty much just hype the name and put a price tag to match. (The owner of Armalite just bought the name).

Barrels used to be Wilson (not Wilson Combat)....Most of the parts are pretty much generic sporter AR parts available at any gunshow. They used to have fairly nicely cut uppers 10 years ago...But who knows what they are buying nowdays.

Armalite NM triggers are terrible, they wear out and fail quickly. If there is a worse NM trigger out there, I have yet to see it.

You could build your own for about 1/3 less and have a rifle just as nice.

Interesting trigger thoughts, thats basically the same as the RRA NM trigger which for the money is one of the best buys out there, needs a few tweaks to tune and be a bit more reliable but other than that, very much so a top line trigger.

Was not aware the Armalite had issues other than the disconnector pin IIRC.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Armalite is one of the best.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=5907

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark Westrom sold the company about 3 years ago. I think Armalite still makes good rifles but the new owners don't seem to care if they ever sell a rifle. Their web site is "un inspiring" to say the least and if you are looking for uppers, they have a very limited selection at inflated prices.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Probably focusing more on LE sales as should be the case since His Hand is still guiding them:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...rmalite-sold-sac-strategic-armory-corps/

"Mark Westrom, the seller of ArmaLite, will remain as an investor in SAC and will serve on its board of managers."

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp
Probably focusing more on LE sales as should be the case since His Hand is still guiding them:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...rmalite-sold-sac-strategic-armory-corps/

"Mark Westrom, the seller of ArmaLite, will remain as an investor in SAC and will serve on its board of managers."

That's not what I'm hearing.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bushmaster1313
Overrated or a good new gun at $1,179?
[Linked Image]

Link at Bud's Guns

Specs:

Front Sight Base: Gas Block Top of gas block is .293 (+/-) lower than top of upper receiver
Included with Rifle: (1) 10 Round Magazine, Black Case, Owners Manual, Limited Lifetime Warranty -

For the guy not interested in building one himself it looks like a decent buy. Just the complete upper for $600 has more appeal to me though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by Bushmaster1313
Overrated or a good new gun at $1,179?
[Linked Image]

Link at Bud's Guns

Specs:

For the guy not interested in building one himself it looks like a decent buy. Just the complete upper for $600 has more appeal to me though.

I think you'd be happy .... other tinkerers here may not, but they're not buying it .... get it and go piss-off some paper and mebbee a yote or two smile

It's less than my RRA ATH and I like that rig. Use it for NRA Sporting Rifle ... I wish I could do it justice smile

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,675
Posts18,513,291
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.