Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 39 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 38 39
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Btw compadres, I passed on a nice Hornet yesterday. Ruger #3 with an older Burris 3 x 9. Just didn't do anything for me. It was a bit overpriced on my standards. I mean for what it was.

by your standards? i keep thinking of that hamm's beer thing.
found four boxes of 45/70 loaded with ffx in 1992, 70 grains.
do you think that will make enough smoke up there?
I am trying to get a nother modern gun by some standards, ready, a .50/90. Don't know if i get do it in time tho.
Pretty sure a real krag carbine is one the agenda tho.
I am pretty sure b.c. colorado is going to bring that ruger revolver, so gots to get some black powder ready.
if i can gather enough ambition, maybe next week when it's scheduled for 107, to cast some 58caliber minet balls for a 1855 springfield maynard tape rifle that probably hasn't been shot sinc 18 65, to keep invading yankee's at bay.

ok that made me ROR! laugh

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Oh you guys!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
be thankful bob, i am already leaning on a guy that it would be real nice if he made a new buttstock for that springfield/remington 1870.
I don't think you are in the shop right now so you are probably safe.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
No. I dunno if or when I'll get back. Btw, got a email from S & S firearms. Appears they got in a bunch of stocks, spring fields, Krags, etc. Lately they seem to be ending up with Bannermann stuff!! Wonder if it was stuff they bought years ago and had stashed somewhere????? Just dunno???

Founder

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
DRAT!!! frown

Every time I get my head above water som bastard raises the level in the pool. I just broke a tooth eating a piece of soft bacon.

This means our trip to the gathering is out.

See you all next year.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Confirmed. $1200 for a crown, got in and have a temp, get the permanent in a couple of weeks.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
One of these days we'll all be healthy enough to have a huge event.

Kent

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
Confirmed. $1200 for a crown, got in and have a temp, get the permanent in a couple of weeks.

What did you get it fixed for, it's only one tooth, you have a few others left i think, maybe?
you broke it chewing soft bacon?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
No. I dunno if or when I'll get back. Btw, got a email from S & S firearms. Appears they got in a bunch of stocks, spring fields, Krags, etc. Lately they seem to be ending up with Bannermann stuff!! Wonder if it was stuff they bought years ago and had stashed somewhere????? Just dunno???

S&S reminded me of something. Have you had any experience with their kit for a spencer to convert from rimfire to centerfire?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I think there is too much stuff to dig out and haul up to quemato, but tempted to bring up a krag that i was told was most likely a bannerman conversion to a carbine. You would probably know by looking at it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By the way, I'm definitely in...not sure yet if my brother will make it.

What shooting contests are we having?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

S&S reminded me of something. Have you had any experience with their kit for a spencer to convert from rimfire to centerfire?

No I haven't.

Founder

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scott F

What did you get it fixed for, it's only one tooth, you have a few others left i think, maybe?
you broke it chewing soft bacon?

Yep, split the whole back half off. Kind of made my trip money disperser in one bite.

If the VA comes through before next year we will have a newer something to drive and the old one is getting real tired.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am sure sorry to hear of your problems, does nobody have a lender pair of dentures or partial plates you could borrow? shocked

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'll stick with what I've got! eek

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Have a crown that came loose a while ago, still in place, but will lift if I am not careful, but still working, so wont be much to get fixed as still have coverage, but not looking forward to when I do decide to pull the plug, am almost five years past my early retirement date, waiting till daughter finishes her 13th year transition courses and go from there.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Should not be a big deal to get it replaced. The bad part was done the first time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
By the way, I'm definitely in...not sure yet if my brother will make it. What shooting contests are we having?

Patrick - Dennis and I will be working on the shoot contest plan fairly soon, I hope, and will post the info as soon as settled. The 200 yard PD shoot seems to be a mainstay for some folks as does that fun "gong show" that Dennis creates - with variable distances/sizes.

If you, or any others, have suggestions or ideas for shoots or improvements of the above, please post them here soon.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Paul, There always seems to be a large group of people that enjoy the pistol shooting, I brought my pistols last year and never took the time from rifle shooting to shoot them, hope to fix that this year. also how about a big bore shoot? There are a good number of people that enjoy shooting big bores. and I think more would bring their big bores,if we had some kind of shoot for them. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At Ed's gather we had lined up a "dangerous game shoot" which was for iron sighted rifles in safari calibers, using full power loads. IIRC it was one shot offhand at 50 yards, another at 25, quickest time wins, but both shots had to hit a 6" circle.

The weather of course turned scary and I don't know if they ran that or not. Doubles and bolt guns have the advantage of course, but I'll still probably bring my .458 #1.

I think the fancy "Safari training courses" have moveable target carriers. I am halfway tempted to find a cheap RC car, big enough to mount a target carrier, and we could have the targets move toward us. grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 6 of 39 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 54 invisible), 1,819 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,064
Posts18,521,473
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.