Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 34 35
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I have been amazed at the furor over the flying of the Confederate battle flag. I personally have always viewed this symbol as of southern heritage and history.....never as a symbol of racism.

Some have claimed it somehow represents an anti-American mindset that favors succession and break-up of the union. This I can see......and find to be a positive thing.

It seems quite odd that so many are upset about flying a traditional, historical flag is wrong......while at the same time the Government is seriously considering placing the image of Harriet Tubman on U.S. money.

Tubman's claim to fame is that she entered another country to steal livestock and smuggle it back to the United States. It's OK to honor a criminal, but not to fly a historical flag???

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yankee through and through here, but here's my thoughts on this. A LOT of very brave men died for that flag. If their sons and daughters, many generations removed, want to fly that flag, so be it. It's a sad, sad day when we can't honor the sacrifices of others. Let the battle flag fly with honor.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yes it is!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Confederate flag is a symbol of challenging the authority of the state.

As the Federal government assumes more and more authority, it has to eradicate anything that represents a challenge to the state.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
People do not know the history of it nor the facts of the civil war.sad for sure let it fly.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The only history zero knows is what he makes up on the spot.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But this is cool...

[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I now see them all up and down I-81 in Southwest Virginia. One farm has a giant one flying. Has to be at least a 30 footer.

That flag is all about tyranny boys. Too bad current day rednecks give it a bad image.

Other than the Capitol lawn you really do not see all that many in South Carolina. Heck I've more in PA and Ohio than anywhere else.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yep. I see the Meskin flag flying all over TX. And It's a crying shame!
I personally don't see the Confederate Flag as Racist.
I see it as a reminder of my Southern Heritage, and as a tribute to my ancestors who fought and died in the war of Northern Aggression!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't GAF what it represents.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It should be viewed the same as the Nazi flag in Germany and be outlawed. Save your flames - I have no intentions of responding to your taunts.

Last edited by BlackHunter; 06/20/15. Reason: capitalization

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BlackHunter
It should be viewed the same as the Nazi flag in Germany and be outlawed. Save your flames - I have no intentions of responding to your taunts.
YEAH! First Amendment be damned. wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This ain't Germany.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
This ain't Germany.
Yet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's nothing more than a full frontal attack on the Constitution.

Any amendment the Furor doesn't like... Such as the 1st, 2nd, 4th for starters. They will get around to violating the other ones that aren't on their radar as strongly in the future.

The ones after our rights are testing the waters now to determine the amount of resistance they will have, and weighing the options of whether it is the right time to proceed or not..

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm another Yankee, but like gophergunner, I'm all for remembering and honoring those who fought and died for something they believed in. Let it proudly fly for those who wish to do so, and Obama's make-believe government be damned.
yooper

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ltppowell
This ain't Germany.

Nope. We even let the damned Nazis march if they want to.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Yeah,...well,...maybe,..maybe not.

But all of those Mexicans that your hero "Obama" is flowing into the country are eventually going to send you to Haiti to find relief.

So get practiced up on Santa Maria and biting the heads off of chickens.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It's nothing more than a full frontal attack on the Constitution.

Any amendment the Furor doesn't like... Such as the 1st, 2nd, 4th for starters. They will get around to violating the other ones that aren't on their radar as strongly in the future.

PREZACTLY !

And what's next? Burning Books ?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Yeah,...well,...maybe,..maybe not.

But all of those Mexicans that your hero "Obama" is flowing into the country are eventually going to send you to Haiti to find relief.

So get practiced up on Santa Maria and biting the heads off of chickens.

I think the first thing someone should understand about that flag is that it wasn't about "slavery". Nor was that the only flag of the Confederacy by any means. It never stood for half of what uneducated fart knockers think it stands for.

The whole war between the states wasn't fought over slavery either.

Whole lot of folks need to come down off their self placed pedestal and realize that perhaps the war wasn't about owning slaves or anyone else.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 69 invisible), 3,310 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,484
Posts18,471,837
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.