Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 35 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 34 35
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Slavery was the main reason that the Southern leadership wanted to secede from the Union, and they were willing to go to war over their right to secede.
That seccession was the main reason that the Northern leadership was motivated, and they were willing to go to war to prevent the South's seccession.

Why was the north trying to prevent the south's succession?

The Northern leaders most likely had some financial and political reasons for wanting to prevent Southern seccession. Lincoln was also reportedly a firm believer in 'the American experiment' and he wanted to preserve the Union at all costs. He reportedly felt like the fracturing of the Union would be detrimental...not only to the Union...but also to 'the American experiment' as a model for others.

Your correct, the north did have financial (economical) reasons for wanting to keep the south from succeeding. The south produced about 75% of the nations economy and the northern economist/politicians knew they couldnt survive, without the south.

Doesnt get much simpler than that... just follow the dollar!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And, why did the northern states pass the Corwin Amendment?

Because they were attempting to attract the seceding states back into the Union, and to entice the border slave states to stay in the Union. Lincoln said he wanted to preserve the Union at all costs.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Whatever the reasons for the war between the states, the issue now is what they call the Confederate, or Rebel Flag.

The narrow-minded on both sides of the coin think it represents racism and slavery.

Not true.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And, why did the northern states pass the Corwin Amendment?

Because they wete attempting to attract the seceding states back into the Union, and to entice the border slave states to stay in the Union. Lincoln said he want to preserve the Union at all costs.

Correct again, the north didn't care if the southern states had slaves or not. The Corwin amendment proves that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Whatever the reasons for the war between the states, the issue now is what they call the Confederate, or Rebel Flag.

The narrow-minded on both sides of the coin think it represents racism and slavery.

Not true.

The flag and the civil war are a part of our nations history and shouldn't be swept under the rug.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Corrupt men do corrupt things. Today as well as 150 years ago, or 1500 years ago. Can't believe so many are still hung up on something they can't change when so many things are staring them in the face that they can.

LOL
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Most folks wouldn't know the REAL Confederate Battle Flag if they saw it!!

http://www.civilwar.com/resources/313-flags/150182-confederate-flag-history.html

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
The first Stars and Bars with 7 stars is what I ordered to stick on my car. Precisely because most people don't have a clue what it is....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...the north did have financial (economical) reasons for wanting to keep the south from succeeding. The south produced about 75% of the nations economy and the northern economist/politicians knew they couldnt survive, without the south.
Doesnt get much simpler than that... just follow the dollar!

Yep.

"...cotton was king in the South, the only game in town, ALL of the Southern leadership had made their fortune in cotton..." - Birdwatcher

And the cotton industry in the South was built on slavery.

So, the Southern leaders AND the Northern leaders had financial (economical) reasons motivating them.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
To me the Confederate Flag is a piece of American history.. If some don't care for it tough.. There are many things in life I have to endure even though I don't like it.. The Bastard in the White House is an example.. Fly it with pride..

This issue is just another means of pounding Americans into a hole, and taking our pride away..

Molon Labe
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by BlackHunter
It should be viewed the same as the Nazi flag in Germany and be outlawed. Save your flames - I have no intentions of responding to your taunts.

Yeah,...well,...maybe,..maybe not.

But all of those Mexicans that your hero "Obama" is flowing into the country are eventually going to send you to Haiti to find relief.

So get practiced up on Santa Maria SANTERIA and biting the heads off of chickens.

I think this is what you meant. Not practiced in Haiti so much, over there they're into more full blown Voodoo..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
To me the Confederate Flag is a piece of American history.. If some don't care for it tough.. There are many things in life I have to endure even though I don't like it.. The Bastard in the White House is an example.. Fly it with pride..

This issue is just another means of pounding Americans into a hole, and taking our pride away..

Exactly. I'm not southern, none of my relatives I'm aware of are either. The flag bothers me not one whit. It's incumbent upon us as a nation to remember our heritage and history. Lots to be both proud and ashamed of on both sides of the Civil War.

If offensive is the litmus test for removing symbols, how about the african flags, the puerto rican flags, the messycan flags, etc. The offend the living phouc outta me, but there's no damn recourse for that.

MAGA
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
But...But....its OK to offend you.

You're white.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
we should get off our asses and take back our country,screw them people. let the call it racist.i say more racists is a good thing.the lack of it is what has allowed the mexicans,muslims ,russians and indians to take over.wave the flag and stand up and fight.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just something else for the liberal left to complain about and brain wash minorities with incorrect facts...

Yet as shown, the Mexicans sure are allowed to fly their flag all over the place...

4 or 5 years ago at the local Unemployment Office over in Medford, someone complained about the Mexican flag drapping the back all of the office....most of the employees were Mexican as the State of Oregon tries to be all bilingual for the hispanics, so they Hire Mexicans who speak English, instead of Americans who speak Spanish....

The Mexicans in the office got all pissed off about someone complaining about their flag on the back wall, so each one not only started having Mexican Flags on their desks, they started putting them on other walls, partitions etc...they finally got to the tune that they took down the American Flag out front and flew the Mexican Flag..... for TWO WEEKS...

Finally Veterans were taking down the Mexican Flag and running up the American Flag and standing guard over it.... Local Mexican gangs started showing up....

The State finally diffused it.. the local news outlets wouldn't cover it because they claimed it would cause "Racial Tension"...

but were acting like the Americans were in the Wrong and the local Mexican Population was in the right...

I am a Product of Virginia, when it was still a Southern State.

Even tho we were 30 miles from Downtown DC, on Friday night at the start of our football games, the High School Band would stand and play the National Anthem....people on both sides of the field would stand at attention in respect for our National Flag as it was raised....

Then without missing a beat, The Confederate Battle Flag was raised and the band broke into Dixie with an increase in tempo...

and people on both sides of the Field, stood and cheered...

We had pride in our nation and bigger pride in our heritage....

now liberals try to paint our pride in our heritage as a symbol of racism and tell us its wrong... they are the ones that are wrong.... and full of Scheiss...per usual..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BlackHunter
It should be viewed the same as the Nazi flag in Germany and be outlawed. Save your flames - I have no intentions of responding to your taunts.

No taunt meant here....

I support the flying of the Stars and Bars... to me it doesn't represent the glorification of Slavery....

and my support of it does NOT mean to show ANY Disrespect to Black Americans...

Less than 3 per cent of the entire white population owned slaves n the south before the Civil War...Even Freed Black Men owned slaves....

I am 17th Generation from Virginia... and to our knowledge, NONE of our ancestors owned slaves, but we do know that there were some who were ministers that were involved getting slaves to northern locals where they were given their freedoms...

All my ancestors fought for the confederacy at the time, particularly fighting for their state...but it wasn't in support of slavery....

I offer this in respect, not as an excuse...or a condemnation of your opinion...

best regards

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Using offense as a weapon, libs are persistantly trying to re-write history and re-configure the U.S. to suit their Euro-scoialist agenda. Look how well that mind set/system has worked over there. Did someone mention, "Greece"...??

It just ain't gonna happen. History is history, what happened, happened. We have to move on, hopefully having learned something from the past, not by trying to bury it.

Buried skeletons have a habit of surfacing over and over again. So, don't try burying them, you really can't. Embrace history, learn from it, the good and the bad, then move forward. Hopefully, understanding history will provide perspective, light and direction for the future.

Hopefully. As is often stated, those who don't understand history will live to repeat it... blush

And that could be pretty bad, some of it wasn't very good.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only history O knows is muslin indonesian history and not even an American.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wonder if the General Lee roof will have to be blurred out on reruns of The Dukes of Hazzard! smile

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Only history O knows is muslin indonesian history and not even an American.

Yep, including that mention of 57 states he let slip. A Muzzie number from what I've heard.

Oh well...

We just can't repeat history by electing another Dem, or even a RINO. We need a real president with leadership or we're headed towards becoming a big ole GREECE of a mess.

DF

Page 7 of 35 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 1234, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,862
Posts18,517,846
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.