Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Don't misunderstand me, the ACA is a piece of crap that brings us one giant step closer to socialized medicine, which will be a disaster. I'm pissed that the Federal government is allowed to force us to take health insurance. I am angry that it had overcomplicated healthcare and added useless regulation, paperwork and penalties to a system that needs simplification. I'm not all that angry at the Supreme Court. They do what they do and that is interpret laws.

I AM pissed at Congress and the jackasses that passed this in the first place. "We have to pass it to find out what's in it" and all of that bullcrap.

It is the job of Congress to make and pass laws. It became en vogue for the GOP to give up the fight and lean on the Supreme Court to find laws unconstitutional and things the Left foisted upon us. No more! Better dig in and fight from now on. Roberts et. Al. will no longer do your dirty for you.

I'm pissed at the electorate that put Øbama and his minions in power, but pleased they reversed the House as soon as possible. I'm pissed at the Dead Cat voters who lead the passive-aggressive apathy in '12. I certainly will be more than pissed if some Third Party yahoo torpedoes the GOP in '16 and elects the Beast.

From now on, fight the fight in Congress, and not in court. You can't count on them and shouldn't have to.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I agree, Congress should do their job correctly.

That Congress didn't do their job correctly doesn't allow the SCOTUS to not do theirs correctly. Checks and balances rely on each other. We shouldn't have to rely on the courts, but we should be able to.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Dude, WAKE THE FRICK UP!!!!

Republican majorities in both the Senate and the House just gave our unabashed Communist in Chief sweeping and UNPRECEDENTED powers to negotiate trade deals that will have an effect on everything from immigration to gun control.

Frick man, not only did they pass it, but they lead the charge. Defeated once, they went back for it again.

I sorry but FRICK THEM!! I don't really give a rip anymore. They just got elected by arguing that Obama was practically evil incarnate and THEN they go and give him carte blanche and unprecedented powers.

I don't care if another Republican ever gets elected to ANYTHING more than dog catcher. Frick them with a rusty nail.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm seething. And I don't seethe easily.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
G
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Republican majorities in both the Senate and the House just gave our unabashed Communist in Chief sweeping and UNPRECEDENTED powers to negotiate trade deals that will have an effect on everything from immigration to gun control.

Frick man, not only did they pass it, but they lead the charge. Defeated once, they went back for it again.

I sorry but FRICK THEM!! I don't really give a rip anymore. They just got elected by arguing that Obama was practically evil incarnate and THEN they go and give him carte blanche and unprecedented powers.

I don't care if another Republican ever gets elected to ANYTHING more than dog catcher. Frick them with a rusty nail.

Exactly!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What we need to to is get out and vote. Lol! ...vote the good /rite guys in .....lol !!! Lol !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it sad that all the lawyers in Congress could not draft a document accurately defining their intent. We needed the courts to explain it to us.

In this instance, I strongly favor the minority opinion.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm seething and can't believe some aren't.

The SCUSA has two functions, to interpret the law, and to determine constitutionality of law. It is also a checks and balance on the power of the other two brances of government.

It has completely abrogated its authority and responsibility, not once but twice in the case of ACA!!!

Congress isn't going to magincally grow a sack and write good law due to the SCUSA bending. On the contrary, without the SCUSA performing its mandated duty of finding ACA unconsitutional and requiring the congress to scrap it and start over, Congress has no incentive to craft well written concise laws in the future.

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

You need to care and care who gets in next. My point is that they have to extinguish the idea that the Supreme Court will undo anything they don't like and roll over on tough votes hoping that Roberts and Scala will bail them out.

Now, on to the TPA that has you wound up. What you fail to understand about the TPA that you allude to is that the President, ANY President can only NEGOTIATE trade agreements. They still must be voted on to become law. That is no different that the SALT or SALT II Treaties with the Soviets 40 years ago. SALT II was negotiated by Jimmy Carter and never ratified. It never became law. Same thing goes here.

The President can negotiate all he wants, but Congress must ratify it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

AMEN Brother!!!!

IC B3

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I'm seething and can't believe some aren't.

The SCUSA has two functions, to interpret the law, and to determine constitutionality of law. It is also a checks and balance on the power of the other two brances of government.

It has completely abrogated its authority and responsibility, not once but twice in the case of ACA!!!

Congress isn't going to magincally grow a sack and write good law due to the SCUSA bending. On the contrary, without the SCUSA performing its mandated duty of finding ACA unconsitutional and requiring the congress to scrap it and start over, Congress has no incentive to craft well written concise laws in the future.

The GOP has gotten into habit of reliying on the SCOTUS to fix their messes. They need to take care of their messes before they become law and thus left to the whim of the Court. You know damn well the Libs in the Court are biased and therefore you should not be surprised when they screw us.

For all the McCain and Romney haters, you can bet had they won you would not have a Kegan and Sotomayer on the bench. Maybe you wouldn't have anyone like Bork, but it would not be so hard core Left.

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I agree, Congress should do their job correctly.

That Congress didn't do their job correctly doesn't allow the SCOTUS to not do theirs correctly. Checks and balances rely on each other. We shouldn't have to rely on the courts, but we should be able to.

Exactly. I want better people on the bench.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by hatari

The President can negotiate all he wants, but Congress must ratify it.

Yes. Which is why I didn't get my knickers in a knot over TPA. But given the tendency of Congress to roll over and play dead for anything Obama wants lately, I'm not real reassured they won't ratify any treaty he negotiates.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure this is not better than having Nancy Pelosi or another of her ilk doing the negotiating and then sending a bill to Obama's desk.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Agreed. Hypocrites and rat-ba$tard$ to the Nth degree. All of em'.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This decision got me from 99% sure to 100%....I am never voting again. It doesn't matter even a little, because we now have a legal precedent from the highest court/super-legislature that laws only mean whatever the arbitrary whim of unaccountable people with unlimited power feel like they mean on any given day according to whatever personal politics they are feeling at any given moment.

It is ARBITRARY WHIM of unaccountable, omnipotent oligarchs as ruling authority. Shorter term - abject, pure tyranny.

Voting, participating, politics, etc...all meaningless since no law means what is written, only what 5 of 9 justices feel like it means on any given day. U of M law school made the 14th Amendment vague and meaningless, Kelo makes the 5th Amendment vague and meaningless, and this latest decision makes written law itself utterly meaningless. Whatever is the media's favored position that month, that week, that day or even that minute....that is what law means.

So you vote. Your guy wins. That guy gets some truly awesome piece of legislation passed that you are in love with. It doesn't matter one bit, because if at some later date the media and 5 of 9 justices don't like that law, they'll simply invalidate it. Likewise, your guy loses, and a law you hate gets written and the government rules you by all manner of breaking, ignoring, bending said law. Okie doke, all they need to continue their nonsense is the media and 5 of 9 justices to say "yeah, but the law is what we say today, so the government can keep f**king with you because well, they have a compelling interest and what they meant was...."

Either way, your vote, your guy, your party, your ideology, and the written law itself are all UTTERLY MEANINGLESS AND SUBORDINATE to what 5 of 9 justices and the media feel at any moment.

I can't even figure out what to call this form of tyranny. Rule by the dumbest few + corporate media + apathy/ignorance of the citizenry? Not exactly sure what that is called...any PoliSci majors out there that can drop a term for that?

In any case, voting is officially the biggest waste of time and most glaring example of delusional, wishful thinking in this particular body politic.

6-3, the SCOTUS just convinced me to never vote again because my vote is perfectly useless and meaningless. My efforts are far better directed at avoiding Leviathan's "gentle caresses", and finding ways to protect my life, my family and my property from their tyrannical whimsies. mad

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by FOsteology
This decision got me from 99% sure to 100%....I am never voting again. It doesn't matter even a little, because we now have a legal precedent from the highest court/super-legislature that laws only mean whatever the arbitrary whim of unaccountable people with unlimited power feel like they mean on any given day according to whatever personal politics they are feeling at any given moment.

It is ARBITRARY WHIM of unaccountable, omnipotent oligarchs as ruling authority. Shorter term - abject, pure tyranny.

Voting, participating, politics, etc...all meaningless since no law means what is written, only what 5 of 9 justices feel like it means on any given day. U of M law school made the 14th Amendment vague and meaningless, Kelo makes the 5th Amendment vague and meaningless, and this latest decision makes written law itself utterly meaningless. Whatever is the media's favored position that month, that week, that day or even that minute....that is what law means.

So you vote. Your guy wins. That guy gets some truly awesome piece of legislation passed that you are in love with. It doesn't matter one bit, because if at some later date the media and 5 of 9 justices don't like that law, they'll simply invalidate it. Likewise, your guy loses, and a law you hate gets written and the government rules you by all manner of breaking, ignoring, bending said law. Okie doke, all they need to continue their nonsense is the media and 5 of 9 justices to say "yeah, but the law is what we say today, so the government can keep f**king with you because well, they have a compelling interest and what they meant was...."

Either way, your vote, your guy, your party, your ideology, and the written law itself are all UTTERLY MEANINGLESS AND SUBORDINATE to what 5 of 9 justices and the media feel at any moment.

I can't even figure out what to call this form of tyranny. Rule by the dumbest few + corporate media + apathy/ignorance of the citizenry? Not exactly sure what that is called...any PoliSci majors out there that can drop a term for that?

In any case, voting is officially the biggest waste of time and most glaring example of delusional, wishful thinking in this particular body politic.

6-3, the SCOTUS just convinced me to never vote again because my vote is perfectly useless and meaningless. My efforts are far better directed at avoiding Leviathan's "gentle caresses", and finding ways to protect my life, my family and my property from their tyrannical whimsies. mad

I agree 100%!

And all this BS translates into: Communism

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The Rule of Law Charisma

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
when the rule of law and the meaning of words no longer matter you should probably seethe a bit.

course I guess it depends upon what your definition of "is" is.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Don't misunderstand me, the ACA is a piece of crap that brings us one giant step closer to socialized medicine, which will be a disaster. I'm pissed that the Federal government is allowed to force us to take health insurance. I am angry that it had overcomplicated healthcare and added useless regulation, paperwork and penalties to a system that needs simplification. I'm not all that angry at the Supreme Court. They do what they do and that is interpret laws.

I AM pissed at Congress and the jackasses that passed this in the first place. "We have to pass it to find out what's in it" and all of that bullcrap.

It is the job of Congress to make and pass laws. It became en vogue for the GOP to give up the fight and lean on the Supreme Court to find laws unconstitutional and things the Left foisted upon us. No more! Better dig in and fight from now on. Roberts et. Al. will no longer do your dirty for you.

I'm pissed at the electorate that put Øbama and his minions in power, but pleased they reversed the House as soon as possible. I'm pissed at the Dead Cat voters who lead the passive-aggressive apathy in '12. I certainly will be more than pissed if some Third Party yahoo torpedoes the GOP in '16 and elects the Beast.

From now on, fight the fight in Congress, and not in court. You can't count on them and shouldn't have to.

I'm a much simpler thinker than you are, I'm not pissed because now the liberal democrats are stuck with this rotten leviathan tied around their necks, with nobody to blame it on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 163bc, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,660
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.