Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Long story short the time has come for me to get out of the "good hands" it seems. Those good hands been squeezin the nether regions pretty tightly.

don't qualify for USAA

but just wondering what the consensus is on a good company?

State Farm?

Farmers?

not really interested in Geico, but price and service talk

???

need to insure a biz or two

4 or 5 cars

3 houses

and a boat

would like to do them all with one company

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My independent agent just placed me with MetLife; saved a bunch.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
tks Cruiser1, obliged.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've only got 3 vehicles, but Geico saved me 50% of what SF was charging and I got the exact same coverage.

Should get better rates with all you got to cover.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I priced insurance with GEICO many years ago and they were the highest, even with an excellent driving record and prior military service.

I went with State Farm and haven't looked back, been with them for over 15 years, have 4 vehicles, 2 sleds, and our house insured through them.

But it doesn't hurt to compare, which I know you'll do.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
appreciate the replies

yep when I checked Geico years ago, they were about 15% higher than AllState, but because we have so much insured with one company we get some discounts.

plus we've got an excellent loss/run analysis. IOW's we've paid in a buttload of $$ with very few claims.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I switched to Liberty Mutual last year as they were less expensive for combined home, autos and business. I'm up for renewal in August and I will still shop to make sure I'm getting the best price and coverage.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Disclosure: I am an independent broker, after having been a 'captive agent' with Farmers for 26 years.

I would suggest a call to an independent broker in your area. They will have the ability to place your business, personal and boat insurance with the best combination of rates and coverage. A company offering excellent rates/coverage on your main home, might not have the best plan for your business, or even the rentals.

An independent broker can shop a dozen, or more, different carriers for you, at once. And, if the company they start you out with get's out of hand, they can shop your account around again.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Wife works for Farmers, we switched over when she started there, Home, Life, Auto, and an umbrella policy, got all of it much cheaper than what we had. We had similar policies with Safeco and Allied before switching.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by hoghunting
I switched to Liberty Mutual last year as they were less expensive for combined home, autos and business. I'm up for renewal in August and I will still shop to make sure I'm getting the best price and coverage.

I'm getting out of the Liberty Mutual insurance, they've gone up 30% on me.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm USAA but from dealing with insurance companies, if I weren't, I would go State Farm, Farmers, or Farm Bureau. Geico will nickel and dime your ass as will Allstate. Any money you might save, will quickly be regretted the first time you have to make a claim.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Must be a regional thing as far as prices. Used to be with Metropolitan, switched to State Farm for better rates, and after 20 years went with Farmers. Best rates of all. State Farm was good for the first 10 years, then the annual increase became a little too much to stomach, despite a very good (for them) claims history.

Last edited by badger; 06/29/15.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Auto Owners through an independent agent. We review and are open to switching every year. Always look for price.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been with AAA for Home & auto. Prices seem very competitive and no gripes about service.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I also saved 50% by switching from Farmers to Geico about a year ago. Home, 2 vehicles, travel trailer, sailboat. No nickel and dime stuff in my experience. I've had zero claims, but any service I've needed has been handled quickly and with courtesy.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Farm Bureau, with everything from house, barn, ranch, tractors, equipment, etc.

Pickups too.

They beat the other guys on price and coverage every time. I do shop the prices.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
State Farm over 30 years now.
Always treated fair or better.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I'm USAA but from dealing with insurance companies, if I weren't, I would go State Farm, Farmers, or Farm Bureau. Geico will nickel and dime your ass as will Allstate. Any money you might save, will quickly be regretted the first time you have to make a claim.

They all will......it's very cyclical. I get renewal quotes every year because of it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Auto, USAA

Home, Farm, Georgia Farm Bureau

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
State Farm for 42 years now. They have been very, very good to me/us over the years.

I can't say enough good things about how we've been treated during the repairs from the tornado and when I totaled my truck last November.

We've shopped around, and they still have given us equal to or less premium costs than the others. Three houses, trucks, and ranch equipment covered.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (7mm_Loco, AnthonyB, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, 11 invisible), 1,464 guests, and 841 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,664
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.