Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by BLG

It will all come down to private property owners having rules enforcing no confederate flags. Of course, you will see a million of them in the camping areas especially in places like Talledaga that have free camping across from the track.

First amendment rights do not end when you cross onto private property. If the "private owner" lets the public onto his racetrack, he can't pick and choose. Are they going to ban Battle Flag T-shirts and Hats? They will soon find themselves wrapped up in a court battle....

It's scary how little people understand the Constitution. And what little critical thinking they have.

If I come to your house and start calling your wife fat, dumb and smelly.....is there anything you can do about it or does the 1A protect me?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

It's scary how little people understand the Constitution. And what little critical thinking they have.

If I come to your house and start calling your wife fat, dumb and smelly.....is there anything you can do about it or does the 1A protect me?

Depends on whether or not I charge you an Entrance fee to call my wife fat, dumb and smelly....Heck, come on Friday's or Saturdays and I'll probably agree with you.

Let the same owner ban the LGBT flag, see how fast that ends up in court...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
whats scary is how few people have balls enough to stand up for there rights .

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BLG

It will all come down to private property owners having rules enforcing no confederate flags. Of course, you will see a million of them in the camping areas especially in places like Talledaga that have free camping across from the track.

First amendment rights do not end when you cross onto private property. If the "private owner" lets the public onto his racetrack, he can't pick and choose. Are they going to ban Battle Flag T-shirts and Hats? They will soon find themselves wrapped up in a court battle....

As "you" know, Rights protected by the Constitution are essentially irrelevant when dealing with a non-governmental actor. As explained by the United States Supreme Court (Edmonson v. Leesville Concrete Company, Inc, 500 U.S. 614 (U. S. Supreme Court, 1991).

.The Constitution structures the National Government, confines its actions, and, in regard to certain individual liberties and other specified matters, confines the actions of the States. With a few exceptions, such as the provisions of the Thirteenth Amendment, constitutional guarantees of individual liberty and equal protection do not apply to the actions of private entities. Tarkanian, supra, 488 U.S., at 191, 109 S.Ct., at 461; Flagg Bros, Inc. v. Brooks, 436 U.S. 149, 156, 98 S.Ct. 1729, 1733, 56 L.Ed.2d 185 (1978). This fundamental limitation on the scope of constitutional guarantees "preserves an area of individual freedom by limiting the reach of federal law" and "avoids imposing on the State, its agencies or officials, responsibility for conduct for which they cannot fairly be blamed." Lugar v. Edmondson Oil Co., 457 U.S. 922, 936-937, 102 S.Ct. 2744, 2753, 73 L.Ed.2d 482 (1982). One great object of the Constitution is to permit citizens to structure their private relations as they choose subject only to the constraints of statutory or decisional law. ....

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

From the post above...

Let the same owner ban the LGBT flag, see how fast that ends up in court... [/quote]

as a test case for the PCpolice... (pissypolice) this would be a good comparison. but why rankle folks on purpose?

hypocrisy is now so prevalent on so many fronts, and in so many cases, to point it out anymore is like trying to identify one tree in a forest...

my choice is to enjoy the forest not to pick apart the individual trees...certainly each tree has imperfections and dead branches and scar tissues...

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or misunderstanding."
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jameister

From the post above...

as a test case for the PCpolice... (pissypolice) this would be a good comparison. but why rankle folks on purpose?

hypocrisy is now so prevalent on so many fronts, and in so many cases, to point it out anymore is like trying to identify one tree in a forest...

my choice is to enjoy the forest not to pick apart the individual trees...certainly each tree has imperfections and dead branches and scar tissues...

[/quote]

A private property owner can ban any inanimate object they wish as long as it is not "Protected" under civil rights laws. Protected Items like, wheel chairs, canes etc.

They most certainly can ban, guns, skate boards, signs, hats, colors, leathers, bats, flip flops and even flags.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Depends on whether or not I charge you an Entrance fee to call my wife fat, dumb and smelly.

No it doesn't.

This is 2015, people are wanting to secede and make their own country. Yet we still have this level of ignorance on Constitutional issues.

The liberals scare me now. The "conservatives" scare me for the future.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Depends on whether or not I charge you an Entrance fee to call my wife fat, dumb and smelly.

No it doesn't.

You are correct. It's not a First Amendment issue as it conflicts with the property rights of the owner of the site/event. No one is forced to attend, therefore the property rights trump.

That said, it's not a smart business move to upset your clientele, though I suspect that France & Co. could care less about the fans and cotton only to the sponsors and networks.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by jpb
So, soon the only place to buy a confederate flag will be on the black market?

Oh, the irony...

The "Black Market" has requested that in the future, they be identified as the "Really Just Dark Grey Market", since the term Black Market is racist in origin and not really representative of who the Black Market really is in today's society.

The Really Just Dark Grey Market would also like to add that they still, as always, accept peoples money without regard to race, color or creed.

[Linked Image]

grin

Will we have to change it to the "mulatto market?"

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by SAKO75

Daytona International Speedway will not ban the Confederate flag but will offer a flag exchange for fans attending this weekend’s NASCAR races there.

WTF is wrong with this country?

I'm thinking, and hoping that DIS won't have enough flags to exchange for all the Confederate flags coming in. laugh

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by poboy
Just say no to NASCAR.

I have been...for about 15 years.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

That's a very good point!

Of course Jeff Gordon would be the front of the line.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Learn more about the bailout before you simplify it, do not let brand loyalty color your opinion. Ford supported the bailout because they benefited and may not have survived without it. The auto biz is way more intertwined than most know. Many of the smaller vendors serve multiple companies, many component manufacturers are divisions of the big three and they all share some parts. If the other two went down ford may well have followed. Along with many jobs, and most of those are not US but people in small shops scattered all over the country. Sorry to sidetract the thread.

Take a deep breath.... LOL, I simply asked a question.

I got an answer I guess. Like I said, I have no clue what the dis at Ford was, just wondering since I dont' follow news since its almost all liberal.

Thanks for the input.

I am not and never have been brand loyal because I've seen great and junk from about every manufacturer over the years, I go with what is the best for my money.

rost, you're "discussing" this with a unionista.

Thanks, did not realize that at all. Could explain some things.

Unions are on my "black" list. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They're going to alienate their base loyal fans. Stupid. You'd think they would have just kept their mouth shut. From a business standpoint, I wouldn't have touched that with a 10 foot pole.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

No it doesn't.

This is 2015, people are wanting to secede and make their own country. Yet we still have this level of ignorance on Constitutional issues.

Although privately owned, doesn't the racetrack fall under "Public Accommodations".?

The owner might be able to discriminate, but I don't think he could just throw out those with the Battle Flag. They'd have to throw out those carrying Any Flag.

No.?

If NASCAR had a legal right to say NO Battle Flags on our property, I bet they would have already made the announcement.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

That said, it's not a smart business move to upset your clientele, though I suspect that France & Co. could care less about the fans and cotton only to the sponsors and networks.

True but the sponsors bail when viewership goes down. Nascar is hurting, they went from every race on network TV to half their races on Fox Sports 1. They have really stepped on their own dicks over the last few years and this is just another example of that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

No it doesn't.

Although privately owned, doesn't the racetrack fall under "Public Accommodations".?

The owner might be able to discriminate, but I don't think he could just throw out those with the Battle Flag. They'd have to throw out those carrying Any Flag.

No.?

If NASCAR had a legal right to say NO Battle Flags on our property, I bet they would have already made the announcement.

No.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It's not a First Amendment issue as it conflicts with the property rights of the owner of the site/event. No one is forced to attend, therefore the property rights trump.

Unless there are baked goods involved.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
all nascar has said is that they ,themselves would no longer use the flag.this looks good to the people that don't like the flag and still lets those who do fly it. . it may cause lots of fights at the track.for one thing nascar has been trying to bring blacks into the sport. this hasn't worked very well.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by srwshooter
all nascar has said is that they ,themselves would no longer use the flag.this looks good to the people that don't like the flag and still lets those who do fly it. . it may cause lots of fights at the track.for one thing nascar has been trying to bring blacks into the sport. this hasn't worked very well.

Hel-lo!...

Football. whistle

Dumbasses.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (2003and2013, 257 mag, 257Bob, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 63 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,787
Posts18,477,248
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.