Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton
I see it as a direct assault on everyone's individual freedom of choice. If a woman can legally kill an unborn child, then I ought to be able to say no to baking a damn cake, to anybody that I choose. miles

You should be able to, but you can't. Don't open a cake business if you can't play by those rules unless you're willing to pay the fines.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Are gun companies refusing to sell to gays now?

They are pretty damn wary of manufactured victims, to the point.

Guess you missed that.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by toad
it is truly a sad day when one cannot discriminate at will...

And most particularly when exercised with one's own toil...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HawkI

Guess you missed that.

Thought we were talking about Christians refusing to do business with gays.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When your working for yourself, pricing by the job, and there is a job you don't want, make the price high enough they go elsewhere.

There is usually a simple solution to things like this, if one just takes a moment and thinks about it.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by HawkI

Guess you missed that.

Thought we were talking about Christians refusing to do business with gays.

No, we were talking about laws manufactured as weapons, but whatever it takes to get businesses in court....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Luke 21:10 Then he said to them: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.
12 "But before all this, they will lay hands on you and persecute you. They will deliver you to synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name.

A lot worse is to come. Before it's over, true Christians will be underground but the Lord will be with them. They will be cared for in ways we can't even imagine now.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How is this persecution?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
How is this persecution?

Sorry man, but that's gotta be the dumbest thing you've written in a long time. Liberals can kill babies but a baker can't deny a liberal a cake w/o facing financial ruin and you don't see the persecution?

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The separation of church and state seems to be only a one way street where the church is shackled but not the state.

That is the way it feels anyway.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
How is this persecution?

Sorry man, but that's gotta be the dumbest thing you've written in a long time. Liberals can kill babies but a baker can't deny a liberal a cake w/o facing financial ruin and you don't see the persecution?

I don't see it as persecution. I see it as a misguided effort of a Christian baker to apply his faith to his business. God doesn't make one sin worse than another, but the baker has. I might have more sympathy if he was also refusing adulterers since it is the same sin.

I absolutely don't agree with gay marriage and think homosexuality is a sin. It is no worse than adultery though, and church would be pretty empty if we got rid of adulterers. We are not talking about the government telling church or religion what we have to think. We are talking about public businesses complying with the law of the land. I guess you'd be happier with Jim Crow laws? Or maybe it'd be OK if business were allowed to refuse service to Christians?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am about 90% with you on this, maybe a little more.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd have no issue not doing business with someone who refused service to Christians or say gun owners. There are plenty of business out there who serve Christians and are happy to have my business.

If I was gay and there was a company that did not want to serve gays, I would not want my money supporting them.

But hey, we have 94 million Americans not working and the lowest labor participation rate since 1977 so all of these regulations are obviously having no affect on the economy.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Would it be proper for the court to award this guy 135 thousand dollars because the clerk wouldn't sell him a Bic lighter?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This ain't rocket surgery, when you get work that you are not interested in you price it accordingly.

Then, if they accept, have a scheduling conflict.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The public didn't start and doesn't own my business, I DID and I DO.

The public doesn't do everything, and I won't make you a list, that I do, nor does the public pay my bills, or my taxes. I DO.

It is MY business, I should be able to refuse to serve any damn person, for any damn reason, that I WANT TO!

Do you get that? This is not a public entity, it is MINE.

This is only about spoiled children getting their way at someone, everyone else's expense. Liberals scream for recognition, but I do not have to validate stupidity, nor should I have to serve everyone with MY BUSINESS.

If you think a business is public, stop paying taxes and see who they come after, the owner, or the public.

Last edited by Fireball2; 07/02/15.

LOL
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
How is this persecution?

I don't see it as persecution. I see it as a misguided effort of a Christian baker to apply his faith to his business. God doesn't make one sin worse than another, but the baker has. I might have more sympathy if he was also refusing adulterers since it is the same sin.

I absolutely don't agree with gay marriage and think homosexuality is a sin. It is no worse than adultery though, and church would be pretty empty if we got rid of adulterers. We are not talking about the government telling church or religion what we have to think. We are talking about public businesses complying with the law of the land. I guess you'd be happier with Jim Crow laws? Or maybe it'd be OK if business were allowed to refuse service to Christians?

How many adulterers do you know that celebrate their adultery by ordering a cake? And if a business refused to provide me a service, the last thing I would think to do would be to take them to court. I would simply go to the next business. In fact, I do that even if they do serve me, and the service sucks.

The whole idea of "protected classes" reinforces that those people are indeed inferior. I can manage to get a wedding cake, or any other product, without requiring government assistance. Why are the gays, blacks, etc. so incapable?

Last edited by dassa; 07/02/15.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The public doesn't do everything, and I won't make you a list, that I do, nor does the public pay my bills, or my taxes. I DO.

It is MY business, I should be able to refuse to serve any damn person, for any damn reason, that I WANT TO!

This is only about spoiled children getting their way at someone, everyone else's expense. Liberals scream for recognition, but I do not have to validate stupidity, nor should I have to serve everyone with MY BUSINESS.

If you think a business is public, stop paying taxes and see who they come after, the owner, or the public.

As a business I understand your point. I am still working this out in my mind.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Quite a few actually. By the Bibles definition, lots of marriages are adultery. We tend to ignore those though as they seem less sickening than gay weddings.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

By those same thoughts, do what you want and see how long you get away with it. You'll see pretty quick that it's not as much your business as you think it is. Just because something should be a certain way doesn't mean it is.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,801
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.