Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I keep suggesting the lesbian bitches take their cake order to a muslim bakery

Amen. Oh wait, can I say that?

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and Jesus said," Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's."

And Caeser said "thou shall bake cake for the masses, whomever they are."

Last edited by 700LH; 07/02/15.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Scott F

As a business I understand your point. I am still working this out in my mind.

There's only two options to consider.

A: free

B: not free

We ain't talkin' nuclear physics here.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Of course "reasonable people" would expect reasonable resistance to a Christian baker making a cake for a gay "wedding", but to expect the opposite and the law to follow is a bit much.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustler_Magazine_v._Falwell.

Of course if I owed the clerk of court 2k in unpaid fines I would expect either jail time or garnishment, I would also expect and get immediate action, yet if same said "law" had a guy bounce a 2k check on my business, don't expect any reasonable amount of recourse as a business owner, if any, without luck and a judge with a brain.

The "law" as manufactured is a horseschit matter and anyone claiming it just or equal really needs to own a business or get a clue....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 30338
I'd have no issue not doing business with someone who refused service to Christians or say gun owners. There are plenty of business out there who serve Christians and are happy to have my business.

If I was gay and there was a company that did not want to serve gays, I would not want my money supporting them.

But hey, we have 94 million Americans not working and the lowest labor participation rate since 1977 so all of these regulations are obviously having no affect on the economy.

Yeah, I don't get upset if someone doesn't want my business. I'll just go down the road to the next guy who does. I think both parties are equally at fault as the gay people weren't harmed. They could have got a cake at many other places.But you know good and well that over half the posters here would be calling, emailing, and threatening a boycott if the same baker refused service to military members. Many of the same people who say it's the businesses right to refuse service would be the same people trying to burn it down if they refused military members.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The guy who makes the no shoes no shirt no service sign is gonna be pissed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Public business, private business, whatever. It is THEIR business and they can run it however they want. The cake makers are in their pursuit of happiness, whether anybody agrees with it or not and so are the lesbians. Life's better (to me) when you're nice to other people but who says you have to be?

I understand Bluedreaux's point about it being against the law, but that law is tyrannical. Period.

Bristoe said it best: People are either free or they're not.

I don't discriminate, but anybody can and it's not my job to approve or disapprove.

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It is MY business, I should be able to refuse to serve any damn person, for any damn reason, that I WANT TO!

But that's not how it works in Oregon. You can't refuse service to someone because they're a homosexual.

Those are the same laws that allow a Christian to use a degree in theology to apply for a job that requires an advanced degree and the same laws that give employees protections that allow them to use employer-sponsored tuition reimbursement programs to get a degree in theology.

The laws are there, and they benefit more than just gay people.

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/659A.318

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 07/02/15. Reason: link

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by heavywalker
The guy who makes the no shoes no shirt no service sign is gonna be pissed.

It won't matter. Being shoe-less doesn't make you a member of a protected class, so the customer would have no grounds for complaint.

THIS WHOLE CASE HINGES ON THE FACT THAT IN OREGON GAY PEOPLE ARE A PART OF A PROTECTED CLASS.

(Caps-lock not intended for you HW, just for the crowd.)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm curious about the view of the Christians here....

In a world that I constantly hear is getting worse and worse....In a country that I constantly hear is spiraling out of control....In a country where Christians are the minority and where "persecution" is getting worse and worse....

Why would any Christian want to live in a world where service can be refused to anyone for any reason? Because if that's the case, I can see a world where my grandkids won't be able to buy anything (assuming the world is continuing to get worse as everyone seems to think).

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Why would any Christian want to live in a world where service can be refused to anyone for any reason?

I prefer to live in a world where everyone is free to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is there a generation that didn't think the world was going to hell? Christians living in the US today have it pretty dang good. We have no idea what persecution really is. Imagine being a Christian in the middle east and many parts of Africa. We are free to assemble and preach/teach what we believe. I can have a Bible at work without being fired. We are not even close to bad yet.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've never found the concept of freedom hard to understand,...but be damned if some people don't need a lot of explainin' before they can figure it out.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Free = nobody can force you to do what you don't want to do.

Not free = people can force you to do what you don't want to do.

That's as simple as I can make it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I like free.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Why would any Christian want to live in a world where service can be refused to anyone for any reason?

I prefer to live in a world where everyone is free to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

This! Defining businesses as places of "public accommodation" for purposes of govt regulation and social engineering was an unconstitutional taking, IMO.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bristoe
I've lived and traveled the world and I've got to ask, where is this freedom you preach about so much? I've yet to find any place that a man is truly free. Point me in the right direction and I might make it there one day. I'd love to live free of anyone and anything, just haven't seen it yet.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Bristoe
I've lived and traveled the world and I've got to ask, where is this freedom you preach about so much? I've yet to find any place that a man is truly free. Point me in the right direction and I might make it there one day. I'd love to live free of anyone and anything, just haven't seen it yet.

So what's your point?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Yeah, I don't get upset if someone doesn't want my business. I'll just go down the road to the next guy who does. I think both parties are equally at fault as the gay people weren't harmed. They could have got a cake at many other places.But you know good and well that over half the posters here would be calling, emailing, and threatening a boycott if the same baker refused service to military members. Many of the same people who say it's the businesses right to refuse service would be the same people trying to burn it down if they refused military members.

There is no way I will believe the gay couple did not purposely seek out this baker and go for the bucks. It was a setup from the start.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Bristoe

So what's your point?

My point is you say it's simple, you're either free or you're not. I've never seen real freedom and wonder where it is.

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1Longbow, 2500HD, 1minute, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 204guy, 52 invisible), 1,878 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,893
Posts18,498,013
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.