Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Lot and his family were spared the destruction that was to come.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

The church will go underground. Look at China. The social clubs will stay where they are because they are no threat.

Yes it will but the time is not near close enough at this point.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I went into a Christian bookstore and tried to special order a book on Satanism would they have to sell it to me?

If I went into a New Age Witchcraft book store (they are out there) and asked them to special order an anti-witchcraft text for me would they have to sell it to me?

And assume both have a history of special-ordering books...

Which would be most likely to get sued?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Try it, you might become $135k richer....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
If I went into a Christian bookstore and tried to special order a book on Satanism would they have to sell it to me?

If I went into a New Age Witchcraft book store (they are out there) and asked them to special order an anti-witchcraft text for me would they have to sell it to me?

And assume both have a history of special-ordering books...

Which would be most likely to get sued?

Those issues are protected under OR law. The homosexual issue is not.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If any one would do what Bluedreau alluded to and research the case you would readily see that NO gag order has been issued. The bakery couple says that they FEEL like they're under a gag order because talking about the case on some media outlet was in part, what lead to the judgement. They went on the radio and expounded on their reasons for denying service and what they said was used against them. They said they now FEEL they can't discuss it.

John

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Everyone is free to do as they please, but there are consequences.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Why do we argue about these local laws?

It is the Law Of God that we need to be concerned with.

Do we not remember what happened to cities of Sodom, and Gomorrah, and the cities of the south?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SCOOTERBUM

Do we not remember what happened to cities of Sodom, and Gomorrah, and the cities of the south?

Romans 13:1-5

1 Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power by God.
2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow.
3 For the authorities do not frighten people who are doing right, but they frighten those who do wrong. So do what they say, and you will get along well.
4 The authorities are sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for you will be punished. The authorities are established by God for that very purpose, to punish those who do wrong.
5 So you must obey the government for two reasons: to keep from being punished and to keep a clear conscience.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[Linked Image]

Thanks for posting that.

It's not a gag order and it does NOTHING to prevent them from sharing their faith.

It simply says that the Sweetcakes people can't keep saying "My business won't serve gay people".....BECAUSE THAT'S AGAINST THE LAW.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Scott F

1 Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power by God.
2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow.
3 For the authorities do not frighten people who are doing right, but they frighten those who do wrong. So do what they say, and you will get along well.
4 The authorities are sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for you will be punished. The authorities are established by God for that very purpose, to punish those who do wrong.
5 So you must obey the government for two reasons: to keep from being punished and to keep a clear conscience.

I have to wonder if Paul actually wrote that, or if it was added in by some later government bureaucrat.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Thanks for posting that.

Always glad to post the truth, even if I missed it the first time...

This whole mess still rubs me the wrong way. Someone set up a GoFundMe account to help pay with the verdict, but GoFundMe cancelled the account, essentially citing the Kleins are Lawbreakers, and GoFundMe won't be used to support unlawful activity, or some such drivel.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
If people don't want to abide by the rules of the land, get out of business. They have a public business and operate in an environment that doesn't allow discrimination based on sexual orientation. If they don't like it, they need to change the business or do something else.

We are not talking about churches being forced to do gay weddings or hire gay ministers. As much as I think the gay marriage thing is wrong, I don't think a for profit business can exclude gays just because they are gay. Adultery and homosexuality are the same sin. Are they also excluding adulterers from their cakes?

This is as far as I've read, and don't intend to read further.

This is whats wrong today. Being told who you have to serve and what you have to serve them.

Its YOUR business, you should be able to say no shirt, no shoes no service and expand that.

And if an idiot finds you don't want to bake them a confederate flag cake, and you are dumb enough to continue to push, rather than go to the confederate bakery down the street you are the whole problem in a nutshell.

I used to refuse to mount things for folks all the time in my taxidermy business for various reasons. I never had an issue and if i'd have been sued for it, I would have closed my doors that day, and I've have never shown up in court either.

Might would have started the revolution early that way and that might not have been a bad thing either...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

Do you ever wonder about Plato's writings? Your world view is clouding your intelligence. What you wonder has absolutely no bearing on the facts of history.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
America is being detatched from its moral anchors, one thread at a time....

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper,

Do you ever wonder about Plato's writings? Your world view is clouding your intelligence. What you wonder has absolutely no bearing on the facts of history.

Of course I've wondered about Plato's writings. Let's go back a generation further. Some have wondered if Socrates actually existed, since we have no texts directly ascribed to him, or was he primarily a literary creation of Plato.

The difference between Plato writing about Socrates and Paul writing about the various incarnation of God, is one is claiming divine authority, and the other is proposing ideas to stand and fall on their own merit.

So the late bureaucrat would have more to gain by manipulating the texts ascribed to Paul then Plato.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
BECAUSE THAT'S AGAINST THE LAW.

It's official,...freedom is against the law. (of course, it's been that way for quite some time)

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
The baker was targeted. And they were persecuted to the fullest extent as the owners were sued both professionally and personally. The baker in Colorado was also targeted. That's without dispute. They went to the bakery with foreknowledge of their religious beliefs with the intent to sue when the specific service was denied. The Colorado baker chose to close their business rather than violate their beliefs.

That right there is what will cause a major SHTF movement.

OTOH if I was Pro-minded whatever wouldn't I support a like-minded business? Of course not. They want the cake, money and more importantly the press!!

This is ALL bad business and will create scam torts up the azzz..No pun intended. eek

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Scott F

(Your verses seem eerily like something I might find in the NIV, which I do not ascribe to. They are certainly not from the King James Version).

These verses in Romans describes our conduct concerning the local law which is "orderly", not which is immoral or ungodly. If immoral or anti-christian, it is one's duty to obey God rather than men.

Opinions given in the Scofield Study Bible.

Last edited by SCOOTERBUM; 07/03/15.
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,711
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.