Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone here using a FitBit?

I've been trying since 1984 to get into a shape that isn't round (I was born in 1984, and I was a chunker then).

My sister and BIL bought me a fitbit in April, and I have been using it every day, though I haven't been doing a great job with ensuring I get my step goal every day.

Just wondering if anyone here uses one, and if so, what kind of goal are you setting for yourself, and are you achieving it?

I see people who regularly get 20k+ steps in a day, and I just can't fathom that, but who knows...maybe I need to start fathoming that.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Guess no one uses one?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is it and how do you use it?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It is an activity tracker (steps, mileage, active minutes, calories, etc.).

Mine also tracks how I sleep at night.

Just another way to keep me motivated to do something about the roundness of my body.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I was gifted one in April. Prior to that I was using my IPhone to track my activity and if I forgot to carry the phone I missed tracking my progress.
I really like the Fitbit and have had fun tracking my activity. Set a goal of 10K steps a day. Rainy days are a problem...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I generally had an 8K step goal, but upped it to 10K. Sometimes it's difficult to get that, working in an office.

When I go to the can, I generally take the long way back to my office, just to get some steps in.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm very pleased with mine. It has helped me to loose about 4lbs. I'm being very diligent about tracking my activities and food input.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I don't have fitbit brand but jawbone.........my step goal is 10k and sleep goal is 7.5hrs

Get the step goal about 5 days a week, sleep goal 1-2 nights a week if I'm lucky

Double_D
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I enjoyed mine for the past 18 months or so. Lost 30 pounds and used it everyday as a measuring tool. Then last week I saw that Fitbit turned over information to the FBI about the activities of a person wearing the device. In reading the full article I learned that, according to the article, Fitbit actually tracts more than just your steps. That device can trace several other activities as well. According to the article, Fitbit turned over data to the FBI that proved the wearer was not where she said she was. The article did not tell what the data was or how the device knew where she was. I have looked for the article to post here but I can not find it. Maybe someone here that is Tech oriented can find it. Anyway, while I don't care if they know how boring my retirement is, I don't like the fact that Fitbit can detect other activities and where I am and then provide that information to the government. I have stopped wearing it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tried one. Couldn't get used to wearing it. Just bugged me for whatever reason.

Now I use an app called Map My Walk. Uses GPS to track where you're walking, distance, pace, split times, etc..

It also tracks weight, food, and other things. Those are heavily dependant on your input, but so far I like it.

Last edited by pira114; 07/07/15.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a chargeHR but couldn't get it to accurately track my heart rate, I ended up switching to a Polar m400 with a HR strap. On mountain bike rides I like to track heart rate, speed and elevation. For me, the most informative feature is the sleep monitor. I would have said that I average about 7 hours/night but now know that I'm lucky to get 6 because when I start thinking about going to bed and when I actually turn out the lights are about an hour apart.

I participated in a pilot wellness program earlier this year and one of the goals was walking 500,000 steps in the 90 day period, it took me 18 days. I admit to walking a little extra during the program but I still average over 20,000 steps per day. I walk my dogs 5 miles in the morning (~10,000 steps), walk a fair amount when I'm not stuck at my desk and I'm pretty busy in the evenings. It adds up.

What would Porter Rockwell do?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 18 invisible), 1,676 guests, and 1,009 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,804
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.