Campfire Ranger
J
Tex is that the LW barrel?

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
So we still gonna say, that answering a simple question is this SS or not? with all steel rusts, when you are selling a SS barrel to start with , thats actually a good barrel, is good salesmanship?

Maybe y'all like talking to smart azzes, and like to support them, I don't. I have to deal with tehm all day long in the public, I'm not buying from one.

If they ever answered a question like that to me, they would never see a dime, even if they were the best barrel out there period.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
All steel does rust, even SS, seen it myself. What they could've been saying was their coating is good enough so rust isn't a problem. Who knows, yes they should treat their customers better on the phone and have. I spoke at lengths with one gentleman about why their 1" mounts sat lower than their 30mm versions. We sorted it out and the guy was great to deal with. Caught another guy on a bad day and told him to forget my order. I went another route and was disappointed in the product enough, I sold it and ordered from LaRue, this time the guy was easy to deal with.

So yes, sometimes I will deal with an azz to get a superior product.

Didn't Krieger have a message on their phone for awhile that said they were too busy to answer, just send your gun in and we'll get to it when we can? Weren't they also the ones who took over Millazzo and killed that trigger?

I can name several companies that won't even do business over the phone anymore. Internet has changed the way business is done. Sad as it is.

T
TWR Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Forget the hat, I'm bucking for a T-shirt!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by rost495
So we still gonna say, that answering a simple question is this SS or not? with all steel rusts, when you are selling a SS barrel to start with , thats actually a good barrel, is good salesmanship?

Maybe y'all like talking to smart azzes, and like to support them, I don't. I have to deal with tehm all day long in the public, I'm not buying from one.

If they ever answered a question like that to me, they would never see a dime, even if they were the best barrel out there period.

Dang rost, are you saying you were not in on buying one of the 1,000 barrels LaRue sold during their 2-3 day sale? Just for full disclosure, I didn't buy one either. I do have some friends that jumped on the offer. I expect we will start hearing some accuracy reports soon. I personally won't get my panties bunched up because of not knowing about the barrel material. I always thought function and accuracy should be the top tier factors. I would bet we will never get the answer unless someone buys a LaRue barrel, cuts it up and does X-Ray Diffraction analysis. There's a project Rearden steel be damned. Merica, ain't she great.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Tex is that the LW barrel?

My Mk12 has their 18" S2W (strength to weight) barrel which is said to weigh 2.8 lbs stripped, so no, not lightweight. It is stainless, cold hammer forged, and nitrided.

You can, by the way, buy their barrels for $289 on their website.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
All steel does rust, even SS, seen it myself. What they could've been saying was their coating is good enough so rust isn't a problem. Who knows, yes they should treat their customers better on the phone and have. I spoke at lengths with one gentleman about why their 1" mounts sat lower than their 30mm versions. We sorted it out and the guy was great to deal with. Caught another guy on a bad day and told him to forget my order. I went another route and was disappointed in the product enough, I sold it and ordered from LaRue, this time the guy was easy to deal with.

So yes, sometimes I will deal with an azz to get a superior product.

Didn't Krieger have a message on their phone for awhile that said they were too busy to answer, just send your gun in and we'll get to it when we can? Weren't they also the ones who took over Millazzo and killed that trigger?

I can name several companies that won't even do business over the phone anymore. Internet has changed the way business is done. Sad as it is.

I think you know me well enough to know that I'm not fighting you, I'm just conversing, at least I hope you know that.

I don't do business with Krieger anymore either, have found others... I did with Milazzo when it was him, but not after it was Krieger.

I'm dang close to being done with Mc Millan too, but just have not found a similar subsitute....

its just sad you have to deal with smart alecks... I just can't see how that is good for business.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by lynntelk

Dang rost, are you saying you were not in on buying one of the 1,000 barrels LaRue sold during their 2-3 day sale? Just for full disclosure, I didn't buy one either. I do have some friends that jumped on the offer. I expect we will start hearing some accuracy reports soon. I personally won't get my panties bunched up because of not knowing about the barrel material. I always thought function and accuracy should be the top tier factors. I would bet we will never get the answer unless someone buys a LaRue barrel, cuts it up and does X-Ray Diffraction analysis. There's a project Rearden steel be damned. Merica, ain't she great.

Nope, had no need for a tube at the time. Some folks claim I have to many ARs before the boating accident that is.... I have new barrels never bolted to a gun still laying around....

Yes function should trump anything, BUT if I'm asking is it SS, there is likely a reason, either for weather or the way they die, answer my damn question in a legit way, lets have a discussion, not a remark... if you don't have time for the discussion, then don't answer the phone.

Personally I prefer to email all my questions so that folks have TIME to answer the questions I have, and don't get rushed or stressed. Prefer to order that way in the end to, when ever I have a bit of time to do it relaxed...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
As many boating accident we have down here the next thing you know, boats will be outlawed. I think our West Texas lakes have seen the water level raised by several feet just due to these types of accidents. Hehe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dead horse I know... but if you KNOW they are SS why won't they just say it.

I don't think their barrels are stainless, or they'd just say so & I don't intend to buy one to cut up to find out for sure either........there are other barrels of known composition that are equally good or better.

Larue builds some great 3 shot rifles & uppers with their barrels, but we all know that that really doesn't mean a thing though unless they can demonstrate 2-10 shot groups that average under 1 MOA. wink

MM

IC B3

T
TWR Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I know Jeff, sometimes discussions can be fun!

Montana Man brings up a good point, they are only guaranteed for 3 shots and that just won't do around here. I suppose I'll have to run mine through the 20 shot challenge and see where it stands in the end.

And remember I bought the light weight barrel. I could care less about 1/4 MOA and am probably just an MOA shooter anyway these days. I just want a light weight barrel to take the place of my Noveske 18" SPR. Killing coyotes is a lot more fun than punching paper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR

Montana Man brings up a good point, they are only guaranteed for 3 shots and that just won't do around here.

I just want a light weight barrel to take the place of my Noveske 18" SPR. Killing coyotes is a lot more fun than punching paper.

I was just being really facetious; any barrel that CONSISTENTLY groups like Larue does for 3 shots, day in day out, will serve any useful purpose you can imagine, very well, including killing coyotes.

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I had a LOT of fun punching paper, and there in is likely a big difference. MO X ring is different than MOC obviously, and different needs for different guns.

I"m not much on yote hunting at all, will smack a couple here as needed, but don't get excited about it that much and don't make a point to purposely hunt em.

But I'm nuts, OTOH about pigs, would go out of my way to whack pigs... who knows why...

Ain't no chit that the La Rue stuff works, thats one of the great things about the company, they won't turn out bad stuff, it will work and be accurate enough. Maybe not enough so for some, but for most.

And thats a point I sorely missed in all this... tunnel vision and all, I guess those that really demand top line accuracy don't even consider factory stuff and its cost, and really snicker a bit when they are having uppers built that are more accurate for the same amount of money and getting what they want.

We sure gotta connect one of these days to at least shake hands, all of us on these threads! TWR is at the top of my list. Now if I could just stop wasting all my vacation time in Alaska...though I think its really not that much of a waste. LOL

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Tex, not thinking to buy a DD barrel right now, may be replacing one however.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you buy one of their barrel and you call and say it won't group the way they promised you it would, then do they replace without question or do you have to threaten to sue to get satisfaction from their guarantee?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I see the 1" guarantee regarding their complete rifles, but did not find anything regarding parts, to include barrels. No deal breaker for me. I also noted that someone who had recently ordered a barrel during their sale had his already and was getting excellent accuracy. Gives me hope for getting mine soon.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
TWR Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think the e-mail stated the 1 MOA guarantee but per Mark Larue "if you ain't happy, I ain't happy" but I've only sent one item back. An Aimpoint mount that I ordered wrong, no problems in the return.

But truthfully, almost any barrel will do 3 shot MOA

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
But truthfully, almost any barrel will do 3 shot MOA

Consistently? I don't believe so. Evidence the challenge.

I think the e-mail stated the 1 MOA guarantee
If you find it on yours, let me know where. I don't see one on mine. But I'm not all that concerned about a guarantee. I didn't see one when I ordered so it obviously wasn't a deal breaker for me, just like knowing the steel type wasn't.

Obviously, LaRue is using this sale as a marketing promo to get the word out that their barrels are very accurate. To then send an inferior product or one they won't stand behind, would not go far to achieve that goal but instead do exactly the opposite. It will be fine.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My chromed lined DD Barrel will do 1 MOA for three shots with the Hornady 60 gr V-Max and 26 gr of Varget. This is the only chromed line barrel i own all other are SS Barrels. This is a three shot group from one AR i built, SS Shilen Match in 204 Ruger. First group from the rifle.

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have a DD chrome barrel that will do close to an inch for 10 with 55 grain Hornady factory Vmax ammo, the new DD V11 I am getting ready to send back to them to "rethink" the barrel, but want to shoot it with a different scope and mount first.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 204guy, 65 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,600
Posts18,492,235
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.