Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Laptop + Firefox + AdBlockPlusEdge = No Problem

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yesterday very jumpy
Today not so much

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Powdr:

I was having the same problem. If you will go down to the bottom of this forum - check Talk to Webmaster. Lots of suggestions.

From my inquiries this is the situation - for me.

* I have Internet Explorer and MSN as my home page.

* The 24 Hour Camp0fire website itself, in other areas, subjects and pages works just fine with my IE MSN browser. The hunting forums pages are the ONLY threads that are having trouble both logging on and navigating. All other websites. E-mail, etc, are all working normally. My computer is very powerful, only a couple of years old and runs on Windows 8.1.

* I have Guruaid under annual contract. They checked it out and said it's a problem specific to that website and they couldn't help.I called back later and was on for 2 hours. They ran scans but didn't fix it.

I called MSN and spoke to them. They attributed the problem to Mexican Hackers. *( I'm not so sure about that - yet! ).

I also had Firefox as a browser. I went to the website and downloaded FREE Foxfire. They offered to make Google my primary browser. I declined. I'm still running MSN as the primary elsewhere but not on the hunting forums.

A soon as Firefox finished I logged on to 24 Hour Campfire and it worked like a charm. No problems. Down below in the webmaster portion there are several suggestions. One was a spy sweeper. It didn't work for me. I stopped it. There was a Java update. I did that and it sped up even more.

SO the current problem here on the hunting forums is some as yet undetected glitch that hasn't been swept out. And which is not affecting the rest of the site.

Internet Explorer and MSN themselves are not so squeaky clean. After updates I have had problems with them too. But there is an easy work around that does work for me and I note, many others.

Bill

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 07/09/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F

iPhone + nothin' else = No Problem at all on ANY other website except for this one.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Yesterday very jumpy
Today not so much

I spoke too soon. Jumping up and down like a demented jumping bean for 7 to 12 seconds every time I touch the mouse. Only on Campfire and I run Firefox on Ubuntu.
I try to look away, usually at our rain coming down, but this $hitt is giving me headaches.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Ahhhh the Campfire.....Everyone's favorite diseased whore!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe
They attributed the problem to Mexican Hackers.

"We don't need no stinkin' 24Hr Campfire"

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My system is chugging along just fine. It was a little slow yesterday but so was everything else so I guess it was my server.
I seldom have problems on this site and when I do it's some general outage that gets fixed quickly.
Maybe folks are just using the wrong systems.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Only time I get to check the fire is on my phone a few moments here and there. And it locks up on me about 70% of my attempts. I just close the window and reopen a new one. No other forums or websites lock up on me. Campfire has done that for me for well over a year now.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Scott F

iPhone + nothin' else = No Problem at all on ANY other website except for this one.
You must think your smart phone is really smart. Not smart. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Well crap-there was a problem and the page reloaded.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by powdr
For the last week or 10 days the forum has been going off every 30 seconds to 1 minute. It took me 20 minutes to write a 2 sentence response to a thread. What gives? Plenty pissed off! powdr

Same thing here. Been doing it for days. Told Rick abou it. Still doing it. Took me 5 minutes to post this

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by powdr
For the last week or 10 days the forum has been going off every 30 seconds to 1 minute. It took me 20 minutes to write a 2 sentence response to a thread. What gives? Plenty pissed off! powdr

Do you put your PC to sleep each night, or turn the system completely off?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What difference does that make ?

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I've done the Chrome, Avast, Adblocker, etc etc etc etc, and this freaking site has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's a major PITA. Since no other site does this on any of my computers, I will, in my hardheadedness, continue to put up with this site even though it is a PITA.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
What difference does that make ?

For me, I just close the lid each night, I don't bother shutting down. When my system does slow on occasion, actually doing a hard shutdown and start-up clears it up. Don't know if it clears the memory or what, but when my internet is running slow, it's the first thing I try...can't hurt can it?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've done the Chrome, Avast, Adblocker, etc etc etc etc, and this freaking site has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's a major PITA. Since no other site does this on any of my computers, I will, in my hardheadedness, continue to put up with this site even though it is a PITA.
+1, I rarely post anymore due to the slowness of this site. And it's this site only so I'm not loading a pile of anti-sh*t on my device. Hell, I have a couple friends that their PM box still flashing over a year and no messages. Lol

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i've been getting disconnects to the site from internet explorer for a couple of weeks. can't hardly get through a page without it disconnecting. have started using chrome on google and it seems to be working for now. a lot better than it did anyways. it is the only site that does it, and it is very frustrating. i figure Rick is discouraging me a subtle manner. lol.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
+1

Last edited by Mac284338; 07/09/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it was just slow on my end that would be forward progress. I can't even type 5-6 words without the page reloading, freezing etc.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 55 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,461
Posts18,471,311
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.