Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-rules-targeting-segregation-across-u-s/

CHICAGO -- When the Fair Housing Act was passed in 1968, it barred the outright racial discrimination that was then routine. It also required the government to go one step further — to actively dismantle segregation and foster integration in its place — a mandate that for decades has been largely forgotten, neglected and unenforced.

Now, on Wednesday, the Obama administration will announce long-awaited rules designed to repair the law’s unfulfilled promise and promote the kind of racially integrated neighborhoods that have long eluded deeply segregated cities like Chicago and Baltimore. The new rules, a top demand of civil-rights groups, will require cities and towns all over the country to scrutinize their housing patterns for racial bias and to publicly report, every three to five years, the results. Communities will also have to set goals, which will be tracked over time, for how they will further reduce segregation.

Continued in link

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Great news. Now, if we could just get ni, uh blacks in banking.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/09/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I like this part of it

"Or families can’t find the right-sized home in the 90-day window the housing authority gives them, or the right-sized home turns out to be in a place where you’d need a car."

Looks like we need to be buying them cars now.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
They won't be happy until we are all singing "The Internationale".

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think we're okay. We keep our two away from each other as much as possible.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I think we're okay. We keep our two away from each other as much as possible.

Separate cells?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Or at least taking turns.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That works smile

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Obama et al, won't be happy until every black family ( if you can call single parent homes a family), is exactly like the Jeffersons...

" oh we're moving on up, to the Big Time.. With a DE Lux apartment in the sky...."

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Mr Jefferson had a job.......

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...and a wife.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
And a maid

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As an aside, I think I was racist the other day, for the first time in my life. Some black kid was standing at the grocery store door, holding a shoebox and asking if I would "supote his bassetball team". I didn't. Because he was black. And illiterate. And I hate "bassetball". And he was not from the area. But mostly because he was black. I think. I'm not sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ran into the same crisis of conscience with a Jewish kid doing the same thing the other day.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by ltppowell
As an aside, I think I was racist the other day, for the first time in my life. Some black kid was standing at the grocery store door, holding a shoebox and asking if I would "supote his bassetball team". I didn't. Because he was black. And illiterate. And I hate "bassetball". And he was not from the area. But mostly because he was black. I think. I'm not sure.

Not to mention The pain it causes the poor basset!!!

Founder

WS

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

The new rules, a top demand of civil-rights groups, will require cities and towns all over the country to scrutinize their housing patterns for racial bias and to publicly report, every three to five years, the results. Communities will also have to set goals, which will be tracked over time, for how they will further reduce segregation.

A totally White neighborhood that rarely has a house for sale will be damn hard to bust. What about folks who live out in the country? How do you integrate area's that require the purchase of 20 acres? 100 acres?? This has failure written all over it.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
From one of the images in the article:

"All-white neighborhoods in Chicago have largely disappeared, but predominantly black areas have stayed that way for decades"

with statistical summaries since 1960.

What do they propose to do about that???

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Steelhead

The new rules, a top demand of civil-rights groups, will require cities and towns all over the country to scrutinize their housing patterns for racial bias and to publicly report, every three to five years, the results. Communities will also have to set goals, which will be tracked over time, for how they will further reduce segregation.

A totally White neighborhood that rarely has a house for sale will be damn hard to bust. What about folks who live out in the country? How do you integrate area's that require the purchase of 20 acres? 100 acres?? This has failure written all over it.....

Messkins like in Mexico messkins are buying acreage around here like nobodies business. Don't seem to have any issues as to coming up with the cash! Houses too!!!

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Messkins like in Mexico messkins are buying acreage around here like nobodies business. Don't seem to have any issues as to coming up with the cash! Houses too!!!

They were smart and put away 20% of the $2 a day they've been earning so they could move to Merica and buy a houez.

LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1234, 160user, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 17Hunter, 163bc, 73 invisible), 2,077 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,617
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.