Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 39 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 38 39
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The sad part is I have a collection of really nice pistols that I enjoy shooting, those day's are over. Rio7

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RIO7
I am a PUSSY, when it comes to heavy recoil in a hand gun, my right hand has 35 old fractures, looks like a bag of cracked ice in the ex-rays, my days of shooting anything bigger than a .45 acp are over. and i am not wonderful with a .45 after a few rounds. that's my reward for a life time of ranch work.Rio7

I'm with you, Blue. I am terminally right-handed. If you cut my right arm off I would probably starve to death, so the right one gets all the punishment.

I have broken most of the bones in my right hand twice and some three times. Have a lot of arthritis in the hand and wrist, as well as advanced carpal tunnel. Add an ulnar nerve resection that resulted in chronic weakness in the third and fourth fingers and a thumb that hasn't been able to bend since I was 7, and I wonder why in the hell I wasted my time trying to shoot handguns. I had to sell my .44 mags a couple of years ago--just couldn't take the pounding anymore. I can still shoot the .45 auto, though.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Mudhen, Broke my thumb, index finger and middle finger on my right hand last year, when the x-ray tech and the doctor were looking at the ex-rays they got laughing, and I said what the hells so funny, Doc said we are counting old fractures, let us x-ray your other hand and see what it looks like.
They counted 19 old fractures in my left hand, Doc said you left hand looks great except for your index finger, kinda looks like a fish hook. must have been a slow night in the E.R. Blue

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ben and Blue, I also have some decent revolvers and pistols and would like to shoot them well, but am not real good at it. However, I don't have bad hands/fingers like yours as a genuine reason. Even with about 60 years of heavy outdoor adventures and some rough construction and mechanical work at times, I've always seemed to manage protecting the hands/fingers because of the keyboards and wind instruments in my life. Still always wear gloves when dealing with the barbed wire fences. I've just not worked hard enough in learning to shoot handguns well. Maybe someone good can teach the old coot.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Paul...

It was Ed too many letters and Paladin that really improved my handgun shootin.

I loaded up an ammo can of 38 specials for folks to play with, gonna be fun...

Show me how to use those new fangled scopes on them rifles and we, as in me and those that really know how too shoot pistolas, will get ya on target...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RIO7
Doc said you left hand looks great except for your index finger, kinda looks like a fish hook. must have been a slow night in the E.R. Blue

They just know when they've got a rare specimen, so they slow down and enjoy it. Soon enough, they'll be back to colicky babies, panic attacks and the odd knife or gunshot wound.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm going to bring a quart or two of green chilis- no they're not from Hatch but from Virden NM. Maybe I will pickle some penies if Miles doesn't have any!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Mudhen, You know I never thought of that, guess Doc's get tired of the same old shootin and stabbin. Blue

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Paul I know Ed's not coming this year have you heard from Paladin? they are both very good handgun teachers.Blue

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to bring a quart or two of green chilis- no they're not from Hatch but from Virden NM. Maybe I will pickle some penies if Miles doesn't have any!

I haven't looked for canned ones yet, but the ones in my garden are late. Bad weather in the spring and all the first ones died. I will tell you my method if you want. very simple. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Ben and Blue, I also have some decent revolvers and pistols and would like to shoot them well, but am not real good at it. However, I don't have bad hands/fingers like yours as a genuine reason. Even with about 60 years of heavy outdoor adventures and some rough construction and mechanical work at times, I've always seemed to manage protecting the hands/fingers because of the keyboards and wind instruments in my life. Still always wear gloves when dealing with the barbed wire fences. I've just not worked hard enough in learning to shoot handguns well. Maybe someone good can teach the old coot.

If someone is going to give lessons on any kind of shooting...

Count me in. I need all the help I can get!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Every time i go to this gathering I learn something about shooting I didn't know when I got there. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I shot pistols some today. Let's just say I'm glad there's no formal pistol competition. blush I get the shakes just aiming the darn things frown

Shot the .270 some at 200 yards. I'm glad there's one more weekend before the gathering smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Turkey Rim Shoot

Shooters may use any .22 rim fire sporting rifle with any sight from any hunting position – but NOT FROM A BENCH OR STATIONARY REST. Sitting, prone, free-standing shooting sticks or tripod, etc. are OK. Once at the firing line, total time allowed for shooting is 4 minutes.

Target will be a reduced-size picture of a turkey, at somewhere between 30 and 50 yards, with a 1/2” dot at a vital place. Smallest 5 shot group HAVING AT LEAST ONE SHOT WITHIN THE DOT scores highest. There may be second and third place winners.

Questions about the planned shoots...

Turkey Rim Shoot

.22 rim fire sporting rifle... is a bull barrel allowed?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Turkey Rim Shoot

Shooters may use any .22 rim fire sporting rifle with any sight from any hunting position – but NOT FROM A BENCH OR STATIONARY REST. Sitting, prone, free-standing shooting sticks or tripod, etc. are OK. Once at the firing line, total time allowed for shooting is 4 minutes.

Target will be a reduced-size picture of a turkey, at somewhere between 30 and 50 yards, with a 1/2” dot at a vital place. Smallest 5 shot group HAVING AT LEAST ONE SHOT WITHIN THE DOT scores highest. There may be second and third place winners.

Questions about the planned shoots...Turkey Rim Shoot .22 rim fire sporting rifle... is a bull barrel allowed?

Why not? - as long as it's not a target type rifle/stock. "Sporting" is the key.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Turkey Rim Shoot

Questions about the planned shoots...Turkey Rim Shoot .22 rim fire sporting rifle... is a bull barrel allowed?

Why not? - as long as it's not a target type rifle/stock. "Sporting" is the key.

Ok, thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm glad there's one more weekend before the gathering

Me too. I went and cut the grass on my shooting place yesterday, so that I could see all the way to the 200 yd line. I just hope that I can find time to use it. I will have to mow the yard twice this coming week, along with other things and the temp has jumped to 100-101 with lots of "wind chill". Saps me worse than it used to. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah, it was 95 and humid yesterday, and the mirage was kicking up occasionally. I took a towel and used it a lot, even though I was in shade.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wont cut my grass until late in the week, so that's a plus.

95 and humid here yesterday, also. Predicted 98 today, gonna be a hot one.

What's this talk about 200 yd line and mirage? shocked grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I shot pistols some today. Let's just say I'm glad there's no formal pistol competition. blush I get the shakes just aiming the darn things."

"Sandbagging" among friends is in poor taste.I've seen you shoot.

Randy........ crawdads won't boil at Quemado altitude.

I was intending to just show up unexpectedly, but got too many Dr. visits scheduled. Gettin' rid of my cataracts and getting my back fixed.

I'd sure like to eat some more of Kent and Keith's cooking.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 18 of 39 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,515
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.