Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Some folks belong to a gym, just to belong to a gym!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have to have an MP3 player, just so I dont have to hear the gay-azz music they usually play.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I have to have an MP3 player, just so I dont have to hear the gay-azz music they usually play.

I'd alter the way I stay in shape long before I chose to do that.

FTS.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by arkypete
For me exercising at the gym is about as boring as it can get. Why don't all those people something productive to expend their energy on.

Jim

Being physically fit or losing weight is not productive?

Yea!
When I want to loose weight I stop eating, when I wan to get fit in the spring I trim bushes, clean up the yard, when I want to get fit in the fall I split wood. when I want to get fit in the winter I haul the wood in and heat the house.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Person pays for gym membership...he/she does how much or how little they like.

Simple

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TXRam
Originally Posted by rost495
too hot? Work in this crap every day.

Yesterday about fell out due to putting all my nice insulated fire gear on and helping fight a big dumpster fire - lets say once you get in the dumpster its not cool, on top of heat, and then having to drag out half burned RR ties to get under them with the water.

Yes you can get out in this stuff and work.

Poor choice of words I guess, yes I could do something out in the heat but I don't want to.

I spent 2 summers at Fort Benning (basic, AIT, etc) and also spent a summer working the furnace area in a steel mill (most of it working 16hr shifts), so I know a little about working in the heat...

Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Luckily people still have enough energy to complain about every friggin thing that happens around them.

I was just making an observation/conversation, no complaining in anything I wrote - this is the "campfire" after all, where folks go to BS, right?

I never said I like the heat. I actually hate it. Fought a fire in it yesterday and it had me on my knees a few times sucking water bottles wondering if I'd get another energy spurt or not.

But living in Houston or La Grange, you don't have a choice. I"m not going to sit inside and waste 9 months of the year some years.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a lot of people tell me I am doing it wrong. Then I outlift them. Most people do not have a clue about how to lift heavy. It takes a bit of work, and a lot of rest. Make a lot of friends, anyhow....500+ geared bench at 60 years old and 167 pounds. Works for me....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[Linked Image]

Geez. I wish I had known I was being videoed.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I do everything in the power rack, except for dips and pullups, then go run a mile at the high school track. The only time I bring my phone in is when I'm on call. If I had room to build a squat/power rack at home, I would and be done with the gym.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Keep it up! Do those 5 mile runs, lifts, squats, etc.! They'll pay off big time so you'll be able to spend an extra 14 months being spoon fed in a nursing home!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
For me exercising at the gym is about as boring as it can get. Why don't all those people something productive to expend their energy on.

Jim

Being physically fit or losing weight is not productive?

Yea!
When I want to loose weight I stop eating, when I wan to get fit in the spring I trim bushes, clean up the yard, when I want to get fit in the fall I split wood. when I want to get fit in the winter I haul the wood in and heat the house.

Jim

You left out mowing the lawn in summer. I do that stuff too. And I can tell you, it doesn't keep me in good enough shape to do what I want to do come hunting season.

Anyway, why worry about how other people choose to spend their time if it doesn't affect you?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
To me, as I get older, keeping a strong core just makes everyday tasks much easier. Some may not need it, but I feel like I do.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There was a program on aging on TV last night. As you age, if you get the minimum amount of exercise recommended, the average person loses 7% of their muscle mass per decade once they pass 30. Exercise vigorously, and that drops to 2%.

There is no downside to that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
There was a program on aging on TV last night. As you age, if you get the minimum amount of exercise recommended, the average person loses 7% of their muscle mass per decade once they pass 30. Exercise vigorously, and that drops to 2%.

There is no downside to that.

Also, lifting weights, even in advanced age builds bone density. The tendons pulling on the bone stimulates bone growth.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,484
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.