-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 39 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 38 39
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was intending to just show up unexpectedly, but got too many Dr. visits scheduled. Gettin' rid of my cataracts and getting my back fixed.

Sorry that you are not coming. For me Cataracts went real good, but the back remains a problem. I got an inversion table and it seems to be helping. I haven't had it long but it feels good when I get off of it. I can even walk good without a stick. Doesn't last long though. I am hoping over time it will. It would probably help if I took it a little easier on the back, but I got things to do. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Damn Gene! Was lookin' forward to seeing you! Good luck withthe Doc!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Randy........ crawdads won't boil at Quemado altitude.

I spect they would, but crawfish season is over... cant get any!

And, since you not going to be at Quemado... dont be trying to stir the old pot!!! whistle laugh

PS-- Sorry you wont get to see me, and I hope all goes well at the docs. Keep us posted!

Last edited by Oldman03; 07/13/15.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"I shot pistols some today. Let's just say I'm glad there's no formal pistol competition. blush I get the shakes just aiming the darn things."

"Sandbagging" among friends is in poor taste.I've seen you shoot.

Randy........ crawdads won't boil at Quemado altitude.

I was intending to just show up unexpectedly, but got too many Dr. visits scheduled. Gettin' rid of my cataracts and getting my back fixed.

I'd sure like to eat some more of Kent and Keith's cooking.

Dang, sorry to hear that Gene, hope you heal up quick!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I finished another project yesterday that I might have to bring along. It's a Ruger tang safety in 7x64mm Brenneke. I am pretty pleased with how it came out too!
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, Tom, that's really, really nice - but maybe not so nice that there will again be a young whippersnapper with a fine new rifle to make us old farts look mediocre. I'm glad you are coming this time - hope you bring that 77.

Gene - get on over here next weekend - have not seen you for a year and a half and was looking foward to your grinnin' carcass. I do hope the doctoring goes well - but still wish you would show up.

Miles I thought inversion tables were used in some fancy math - but if that one helps your back, it has to be good. Maybe you should try some Calculus while you're at it. To help your back feel better out here next week we could borrow Jon Graham's old hammock (the one he shared with "K" - told us the GHW was well over 300 pounds if you didn't move around too much) and we could sling it inverted between two strong junipers. Wanna try it?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gene, I am very disappointed, you are not coming we are getting to old to miss these chances to get together, that only come once a year.

Thomas, that's a great looking rifle, bring it along so we all can leave fingerprints all over it.

CCCC, I have a rope and a come along we can hang Miles, by the ankles in a tree for a while every day, that should fix him up. GRIN Blue

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe you should try some Calculus while you're at it.

Inversion table helps your back and Calculus hurts your head. I am afraid if You and Blue get me strung up by the ankles, you won't let me down. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles, your fears may be justified.

Blue, we can leave Miles hangin' up there just long enough to attract a few turkey vultures - then lower him suddenly. When I get there, I'm going looking for a strong-limbed Ponderosa near camp - maybe one with ants so we can test his manhood.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Run Miles, run!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the compliments on the rifle. It's nothing fancy. I received a pretty nice .270 tang safety. I've never been a fan of the .270 Winchester after a goat rodeo with one a few years back. So I started looking at options when I found a factory take off barrel in 7x64.
The barrel was blued, but the finish was not in the best state though the bore and crown were perfect. After my 'smith installed the barrel I gave it a coating with Aluma-Hyde II in stainless(what I had on hand). I rubbed some tru-oil into the stock and that was it.
I am pretty happy with it, and I was able to do it all on a budget.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Gene- bring that truck- I want to see that new hood! laugh

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Paul?? Blue, Where's Miles?? Paul, He's hanging around here some where ???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Reminds me of back when I was working. I got a new crew member, a woman. The first one that I had had on a survey crew. Anyway, the other members were quizzing Her about things, and somebody asked her what Her Dad did. She replied "Nothing much, He just lays around on my Mother." That was the first time I ever heard of burying two people in the same grave. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles, are you certain that's what she meant?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by milespatton

Reminds me of back when I was working. I got a new crew member, a woman. The first one that I had had on a survey crew. Anyway, the other members were quizzing Her about things, and somebody asked her what Her Dad did. She replied "Nothing much, He just lays around on my Mother." That was the first time I ever heard of burying two people in the same grave. miles

Miles- that is TFF.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not unusual in S. La. -- In a mausoleum and they put the latest deceased, in a coffin, on top of the others.

Also in graveyards where there are no more spaces, they have a family plot and is used this way.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles, are you certain that's what she meant?

Yepp. I made sure that I understood. She was a very strange person. Good worker, but strange. She would sit around and read a book with it held upside down. She could also read books from the mirror image. She was dyslexic with numbers and that is not good when Surveying, but she tried hard to overcome it. She was also very talented at drawing stuff. She had never had any training but I talked her into taking some classes at a community college. She was doing water colors when I retired. miles

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

In Germany they bury people as much as five deep.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would hardly know where it is safe to dig around some old towns in Europe - they've been burying people five deep for centuries and using every available parcel, one would suppose. Wonder what the ground water can be like.

Ongoing old native customs out this way are much more sensible and ecologically sound - creamate bodies on a big pile of flaming wood or put them up on a stand where the flying scavengers can deal with them.

Not easy to make a living as a mortician.

Page 19 of 39 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,930
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.