Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
7/14/15 Newsmax is out with our list of 2015's 100 Most Influential Pro-Gun Rights Advocates.

Here is some of their top fifty:
1. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president and chief executive officer of the National Rifle Association (NRA) and an outspoken opponent of government efforts at gun control, famous for the quote, "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

2. Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, a 300,000-member gun rights organization.

3. Donald Trump, billionaire businessman and Republican presidential candidate, has come out strongly for gun owners' rights and says he has a gun permit.

4. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., presidential candidate and strong gun rights supporter who vowed, "We will not let the liberals tread on the Second Amendment!"

5. Sarah Palin, former governor of Alaska, vice presidential candidate, and a hunter and gun owner, who addressed the 2013 NRA Convention.

6. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who strongly opposes bans on assault weapons and the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty, which would affect the firearms industry.

7. Col. Oliver North, political commentator and television host, who appeared in an "I'm the NRA" advertisement.

8. David Keene, former NRA chairman from 2011 to 2013, former chairman of the American Conservative Union, and an outspoken proponent of gun owners' rights.

9. Dudley Brown, executive director of the National Association for Gun Rights, which he calls the "no compromise" gun lobby.

10. Robert K. Brown, publisher of Soldier of Fortune Magazine, director/member of the NRA Executive Committee for two years, and past member of the Public Affairs and Finance Committees.

11. David Clarke, sheriff of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, who urged residents to arm themselves for self-protection and vowed to resist federal gun control measures.

12. John Lott, economist who published "More Guns, Less Crime," called the "Bible of the gun rights movement."

13. Glenn Beck, radio and television personality who opposes the Obama Administration's anti-gun attitude and wrote the book "Control: Exposing the Truth About Guns."

14. Mark Levin, conservative talk radio host and Constitutional attorney, a gun owner and strong supporter of the Second Amendment.

15. Tina Pattison, president of Hunt of a Lifetime, a nonprofit organization which grants hunting and fishing dreams for children who have been diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses.

16. Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, who opposes expansion of government controls on firearms.

17. John Bolton, former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N., who has opposed the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty and warned of its dangers to Americans' right to bear arms.

18. Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, an avid hunter and gun owner who once shot a coyote that attacked his dog while they were out walking.

19. Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas, an NRA member, who supported bills allowing open and campus carry of firearms in the Lone Star State.

20. Sean Hannity, conservative Fox News TV host who is a registered gun owner in New York and opposes gun control measures.

21. Alex Jones, radio host and head of Infowars.com, who confronted CNN host Piers Morgan about the British broadcaster's support for gun control.

22. Ben Shapiro, editor-at-large of Breitbart News, who is a strong supporter of the right to bear arms.

23. Ted Nugent, rock star, avid hunter, and outspoken supporter of gun rights, who often brings his guns onstage with him during concerts.

24. Clint Eastwood, actor, director, producer, artist, and former mayor of Carmel, California, who has said "I have a very strict gun control policy. If there is a gun around, I want to control it."

25. Chuck Norris, the internationally famed martial artist, actor, and star of "Walker, Texas Ranger," is an NRA member and honorary chairman of the NRA's "Trigger the Vote" campaign.

26. Bruce Willis, famed for the "Die Hard" movie series, has said, "If you take guns away from legal gun owners, then the only people who will have guns are the bad guys."

27. Tom Selleck, star of "Magnum P.I." and a host of other TV shows and movies, is a member of the NRA board of directors and has donated guns used in his movies to the NRA firearms museum.

28. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Hollywood actors and husband and wife, are supporters of the Second Amendment and have an elaborate private shooting range at their home.

32. Chris and Taya Kyle - Kyle, a Navy SEAL and the most lethal sniper in American history, was president of Craft International, which provided shooting instruction to police and military personnel. After his tragic death, his wife Taya has carried on his work.

36. James Earl Jones, the famed actor, has said, "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise, they will win, and the decent people will lose."

37. Charles Barkley, the former NBA star, supports the Second Amendment and has said of crime, "Being black, this is something you deal with all the time. And it’s just sad. I’m a guy, I carry a gun."

38. Whoopi Goldberg, the comedian, stunned viewers of ABC's "The View" in 2012 when she announced she is a member of the NRA.

42. Nolan Ryan, the Hall of Fame pitcher who threw a record seven no-hitters in his career, appeared in an "I'm the NRA" ad.

44. Johnny Depp - When he was a child, the movie star said, "We would just go out and line up a bunch of cans and shoot with rifles, handguns and at times, submachine guns. I will most certainly take my kids out for target practice."

45. Eric Clapton, the rock guitar legend, started shooting in 2003 and built up a large firearms collection. "I like a gun to look like a working tool but it’s a magnificent piece of art as well," he said.

46. Gary Sinise - The Academy Award winner for "Forrest Gump" supports gun rights and said, "It’s a Second Amendment right and bad guys aren’t going to turn their weapons in, so good people need to be able to protect themselves."

47. Joe Mantegna, the "Criminal Minds" actor, told "American Rifleman" in an interview he favors the Colt .45 as a carry gun. "That wasn’t the very first handgun I shot, but it was the one I ultimately used competitively. I just enjoy the caliber. I’ve shot pretty much every handgun caliber you can think of and the .45 ACP is perfect. It has mass, the recoil is a little more, you get a lot of push, but you don’t get a lot of torque. And it’s just the aesthetics of it. It’s old school. It’s what I carry on 'Criminal Minds.'"

49. Kevin Sorbo - The "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" and "Andromeda" actor said, "You can take all guns away and the bad guys will still get guns. Do you honestly believe the bad guys care about any stupid law that is passed? This is why we call them bad guys. The gun control issue is ridiculous."

50. R. Lee Ermey, Marine vet, "Full Metal Jacket" actor and host of the History Channel's "Mail Call" and "Lock N Load With R. Lee Ermey" supports gun rights and serves as a spokesman for Glock pistols.

Find the rest of the list here:
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/most-influential-pro-gun-rights/2015/07/13/id/654745/#ixzz3fsbxCxcL

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That list is complete horsechit.

That Alan Gottlieb and Alan Gura aren't in the top five, much less not on the list at all, destroys any semblance of credibility it might have.

Without those two, you don't get Heller, you don't get McDonald, you don't get the "shall issue" case in the PRK, and you don't get over 90% of the legal victories for the 2A over the past 15 years.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by 4ager

That Alan Gottlieb and Alan Gura aren't in the top five, much less not on the list at all, destroys any semblance of credibility it might have.

Without those two, you don't get Heller, you don't get McDonald, you don't get the "shall issue" case in the PRK, and you don't get over 90% of the legal victories for the 2A over the past 15 years.

You beat me to it.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
38. Whoopi Goldberg, the comedian, stunned viewers of ABC's "The View" in 2012 when she announced she is a member of the NRA.

what?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ONLY reason that BOWSINGER put this up is that it lists Palin. The dude is psycho about anything having to do with that overrated attention-whore.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup, bs

Tex Grebner isn't on the list!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

Those were two names that should have been on the list. But any one of us could add names. That certainly does not make the list “complete horsechit”

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Those were two names that should have been on the list. But any one of us could add names. That certainly does not make the list “complete horsechit”

Yeah, it does. Not having the two most influential 2A FIGHTERS on the list, especially when the both should have been in the top 5 (minimum) destroys any credibility the list has overall. Combine that with Whoopi f'kin' Goldberg being on the list AT ALL? Yeah, it's a horsechit list.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Bullchit.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bullchit.

Finally, a subject you know something about!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The ONLY reason that BOWSINGER put this up is that it lists Palin. The dude is psycho about anything having to do with that overrated attention-whore.

I just want to break her down like a shotgun and maker her forget she's got feet! smile

As to this:
38. Whoopi Goldberg, the comedian, stunned viewers of ABC's "The View" in 2012 when she announced she is a member of the NRA

If this is true, I'm cancelling...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't go through the whole list, but when I didn't see Allan Gura's name in the top ten, I stopped reading. That guy has won just about every big gun rights case in the U.S. For the last ten years, he is the Brady Bunch's worst nightmare.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

On my list Cruz would have been ranked ahead of Paul and Palin because he wrote the brief and stood before the supremes and the appeals in the Heller decision.

Trump would not have made my top twenty.

Whoopi Goldberg would have made the last slot only because most of us had no idea she was in the NRA.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,303
Posts18,487,114
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.