Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Of course the recruiting offices are the buzz, but there are a whole bunch of other military units that aren't recruiting offices that aren't armed.

I'm assuming the men in uniform stay armed when going to lunch, correct? High School career day? Driving to and from home?
And everytime they take a dump if they want to.

Anybody not wanting their armed forces to be armed when jihadists have them top on their hit list, must want to live someplace else.

Some obama ball washer, unfortunately a four star, was cautioning about firearms around children. Stupid sychopant obviously doesn't have any, likely due to sexual preferences. Also obviously, prefers the children of the service men and women to be lambs for the jihadists, as zero pumps up his vicarious jihad.

I'm amazed at the overwhelming insanity of these times treated with underwhelming indifference.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
7/11/15 In his official kick off of his presidential campaign, Walker asks people to leave their guns at home:
“Prohibited Items: All attendees will go through airport-like security and should bring as few personal items as possible. No large bags, sharp objects, signs, umbrellas, liquids, aerosol containers, guns, ammunition, fireworks, electric stun guns, mace, selfie-sticks, martial arts weapons/devices, or knives of any size will be allowed in the venue.”

It's just like a football game or any other large gathering of people. I'd want this too if I were him. Just think how vulnerable a POTUS candidate is standing up on the stage. It also sounds like the airline rules as well.

I don't think he's anti-gun because of that.

OK, I will put you down as in favor of Gun Free Zones if the crowd is large enough.

Not so, unless it's my azz standing up there with a huge POTUS target on my chest. The Secret Service can't watch over 5000 spectators. You need some sort of perimeter. As far as football games go, if they didn't check, that would be the biggest soft target possible. I'm not sure I would want to go to a game, especially outside of DC, knowing that any Mohamed could walk in and start shooting. Hell, let's just let anybody get on a plane carrying a bomb, gun, box cutter, anything.

As far as the military is concerned, I think it's ridiculous that they aren't allowed to to protect themselves. I never was in the military, so I'm not experienced on the amount of red tape involved in doing so. But something needs to change. For starters, I like the idea of them carrying their own weapons. I don't know the solution, that's why I haven't commented on it.

But I still don't think this makes Scott Walker anti-gun.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
Of course the recruiting offices are the buzz, but there are a whole bunch of other military units that aren't recruiting offices that aren't armed.

I'm assuming the men in uniform stay armed when going to lunch, correct? High School career day? Driving to and from home?

Anybody not wanting their armed forces to be armed when jihadists have them top on their hit list, must want to live someplace else.

Some obama ball washer, unfortunately a four star, was cautioning about firearms around children. Stupid sychopant obviously doesn't have any, likely due to sexual preferences. Also obviously, prefers the children of the service men and women to be lambs for the jihadists, as zero pumps up his vicarious jihad.

I'm amazed at the overwhelming insanity of these times treated with underwhelming indifference.

Where you born stupid or do you have to work at it.

It's easy to say 'Arm them all', but there are a million things to work out, otherwise it's just LIP SERVICE, like so many things.

Should they just be armed with handguns or M16s? Don't seem fair to have sidearms if they bad guys have AK47's.

If they aren't armed 24/7, it's lip service.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
AMERICA HAS BECOME AN ARMED MILITARY STATE. I can see that thread in a few years.

I'll see a whole bunch of the same dumpphucks complaining how you can't go anywhere without seeing an armed serviceman. The of course we'll need 1000 more threads to go along with the previous 500 asking 'WILL MILITARY FIRE ON CITIZENS IF ORDERED TO'

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AMERICA HAS BECOME AN ARMED MILITARY STATE. I can see that thread in a few years.

I'll see a whole bunch of the same dumpphucks complaining how you can't go anywhere without seeing an armed serviceman. The of course we'll need 1000 more threads to go along with the previous 500 asking 'WILL MILITARY FIRE ON CITIZENS IF ORDERED TO'

Well..... will they?

grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Which one do you want dumbphuck?

Concerned about Jade Helm, but military members should always be armed.

Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Its called training.

^^^^^
THIS
Of course, it is. And that's the truth, I'm sure. But such training inside the US now that the military has been systematically gutted of patriots of conservative America in the general staff does make one a bit concerned.

Oh, here is more of your dumbphuckery. Bitching above about service members in the states not being armed, but you post this crap

Some would claim that question was answered at Kent State.
If they will kill college kids, they will kill anyone. All the more that zero has culled out real military leaders and now has PC lapdogs in their places.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kind of like West Berlin. We would constantly have a pair of jeeps with M-60's mounted in the back running a patrol around the inside of the wall. They did have live ammo but it was cased up - boxes inside of ammo cans inside of wooden crates wrapped with metal straps. It would take them several minutes just to load the 60's.

There was one section of the wall they couldn't get to by vehicle so two troops would dismount and walk the few dozen yards. They carried their M-16's but with no magazine in the well and no live ammo on them anyway. One day a Russian solder stepped through a breech in the wall and pointed his AK at them - with a magazine in place, no way to tell if it was loaded - and just smiled at them. Then he went back through to his side. The Russians were constantly f'ing with us that way, letting us know that they could attack when and where they wanted any time they wanted.

That's an anecdote but I heard it straight from the two soldiers who were involved and had my own run-ins with Russian military so I certainly believe it.

Basically our rules of engagement in a non-active combat zone have always been to let the aggressor kill a bunch of us first, then we'll figure out what to do next.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
7/11/15 In his official kick off of his presidential campaign, Walker asks people to leave their guns at home:
“Prohibited Items: All attendees will go through airport-like security and should bring as few personal items as possible. No large bags, sharp objects, signs, umbrellas, liquids, aerosol containers, guns, ammunition, fireworks, electric stun guns, mace, selfie-sticks, martial arts weapons/devices, or knives of any size will be allowed in the venue.”

On the other hand...
6/24/15 FoxNews.com

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker signed two bills loosening his state's gun laws on Wednesday, including one ending the state's 48-hour waiting period for handgun purchases. 
The timing of the bill signing comes amid a renewed debate over gun control and race relations after the fatal shootings at a Charleston, S.C., black church on June 17; a white man faces multiple murder charges. 

But the measures on Walker's desk predated the massacre and passed earlier this month in the GOP-majority Legislature with bipartisan support. The second measure would allow off-duty, retired and out-of-state police officers to carry firearms on school grounds. 

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Hmmmm, I suggest we strip ALL politicos who have armed bodyguards of ALL protection except if they pack their own heat.

Works for me!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

On the other hand...
6/24/15 FoxNews.com

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker signed two bills loosening his state's gun laws on Wednesday, including one ending the state's 48-hour waiting period for handgun purchases. 
The timing of the bill signing comes amid a renewed debate over gun control and race relations after the fatal shootings at a Charleston, S.C., black church on June 17; a white man faces multiple murder charges. 

But the measures on Walker's desk predated the massacre and passed earlier this month in the GOP-majority Legislature with bipartisan support. The second measure would allow off-duty, retired and out-of-state police officers to carry firearms on school grounds. 

There ya go. I like the part about the LEO's.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is a no brainer

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Very simple. Rescind the EO signed by Clinton, thereby allowing folks to have the FREEDOM to carry individual firearms, the way we used to when I came into the Navy. Secondly, place armed security at all bases/facilities having a perimeter, such as the NOSC in Chattanooga, where there was a gate in place but it was unmanned.
IIRC, that policy was actually put into place under the watchful eye of Bush 41.

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
In Switzerland the troops keep their at auto weapons in their
homes. They don't have many problems. How many years ago where troops killed at Ft Hood ? We still have the problem and it will only get worse. We need to let the troops defend themselves.All of Bill Clinton's orders need to be thrown out.

You can't hit the target if you don't take the shot.
C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by White_Bear
LEO uses guns as part of their work PPE. (personal protective equipment)

Do they leave them at an armory at the end of the day? Do they check them at the door when entering the station? Are they only allowed to access an arm if there is an order?

No. They carry at all times on-duty and I assume whenever they choose while off-duty.

Why the difference?

No one responded to this so I will repost.

If an individual LEO loses his gun, or it is stolen due to improper storage, it is his azz, not the azz of his sergeant, lt, or capt. Every department and federal law enforcement agency deals with this.

It's a bad thing to have government guns on the street through loss or theft, but in reality a few more M9s or even M4's out on the street of any large city really won't make much difference.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by garyh9900
Very simple. Rescind the EO signed by Clinton, thereby allowing folks to have the FREEDOM to carry individual firearms, the way we used to when I came into the Navy. Secondly, place armed security at all bases/facilities having a perimeter, such as the NOSC in Chattanooga, where there was a gate in place but it was unmanned.
IIRC, that policy was actually put into place under the watchful eye of Bush 41.

No sir, but Bush 41's administration did craft it. Clinton implemented it...I think.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by garyh9900

No sir, but Bush 41's administration did craft it. Clinton implemented it...I think.

Right

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N

I wholeheartedly agree. You don't need to issue weapons and deal with all the inventory requirements, etc. just allow those who have carry permits to do so if they wish.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by White_Bear
LEO uses guns as part of their work PPE. (personal protective equipment)

Do they leave them at an armory at the end of the day? Do they check them at the door when entering the station? Are they only allowed to access an arm if there is an order?

No. They carry at all times on-duty and I assume whenever they choose while off-duty.

Why the difference?

No one responded to this so I will repost.

If an individual LEO loses his gun, or it is stolen due to improper storage, it is his azz, not the azz of his sergeant, lt, or capt. Every department and federal law enforcement agency deals with this.

It's a bad thing to have government guns on the street through loss or theft, but in reality a few more M9s or even M4's out on the street of any large city really won't make much difference.

Like the gun that the illegal felon that was deported multiple times before shooting that poor gal in cold blood?

What were the consequences for that cop? I never did hear.

Make it the individual's responsibility to take care of his/her own weapon as well as the use of that weapon. Then give them the choice to carry or not.

LEO treats it this way and we as civilians are also responsible for our weapons.

You can be sure if I left a handgun on a park bench and some chitthead picked it up and shot a bunch of people that I would be held responsible. Possibly even more than the chitthead.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pashooter
Interesting you mention Israel I seem to recall just about everybody in their military goes armed. Perhaps that has changed ? If they can manage it why can't we. Handguns only better than a sharp stick but still a tough fight against an AK.
Originally Posted by Lockhart
Consider Posse Comitatus.

The use of private security contractors would at least give the trained an opportunity to use their instincts to save themselves. Handguns only. This is not Israel after all.

IDF in action:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4491183,00.html

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 2500HD, 65 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,131
Posts18,502,639
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.