-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know. I had to look that up to see what all the libs and Bush backers were talking about.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
A contrived tempest? Yah, It's typical for some to always blame others for self-inflicted problems - including the victim.
No one contrived to put any words into Trump's mouth - except himself.

'The azzhole speaks for itself.'

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Originally Posted by ltppowell
I don't know. I had to look that up to see what all the libs and Bush backers were talking about.

He never said it.

The libs and bush backers are twisting the words and the low information types are swallowing it like free booze

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IntruderBN
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Lord, anyone that is stupid enough to fall for this schit is an idiot. Trump merely said what everyone should say about McCain. He got captured and he endured. That is it. How does that make him a hero? Or at least any more heroic than hundreds if not thousands of others?

Wow. I'd like to see you "endure."

You don't get the Silver Star, DFC, LOM (w V Device) for "enduring"....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To all who commented
Tell if I am wrong ; I took what Trump said to mean that McCain is a
hero not because he did something extraordinary in combat but because he was a POW. It is about the same as when the Prez jumped off the deep end over the college Prof. or the firing of a college Prof. for using the word [bleep] ardly. People are either incompetent or no longer can speak and use the American language properly. Just my take YTMV Cheers NC
God what has this country come to it won't even let me use the word n i g g a r d l y

Last edited by northcountry; 07/20/15.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Lord, anyone that is stupid enough to fall for this schit is an idiot. Trump merely said what everyone should say about McCain. He got captured and he endured. That is it. How does that make him a hero? Or at least any more heroic than hundreds if not thousands of others?

McCain was asked if he was due an apology:
"I don't think so, but I think he may owe an apology to the families of those who have sacrificed in conflict and those who have undergone the prison experience in serving our country," McCain told MSNBC's "Morning Joe".

And McCain actually owes an apology to people who actually do the hard schit, like make a living every single day who he refers to as "crazies" and the like. What he did was a piece of cake to the guy who gets up every morning and goes to a soul sucking job he hates, but must have, in order to take care of his family.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to parley the political connections of his father into a situation where he can abandon a crippled wife for the beautiful daughter of a millionaire and an instant political career.

that was well said

McCain has long been part of the force that puts a higher tax burden on your children and grandchildren every year while accepting a pay increase yearly and thus increased benefits for himself.

voting ain't gonna change chit

until we get the collective nads to publicly horsewhip about 500-1000 people in DC and strip them of their pay and benefits

it's going to continue to be a gov't of the gov't for the gov't and the people as their indentured servants

we long ago quit being a gov't of the people, for the people, unless you're part of the Wall St. crowd

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by northcountry
To all who commented
hero not because he did something extraordinary in combat but because he was a POW. It is about the same as when the Prez jumped off the deep end over the college Prof. or the firing of a college Prof. for using the word [bleep]. People are either incompetent or no longer can speak and use the American language properly. Just my take YTMV Cheers NC

But isn't being a POw exactly what McCain is remembered for?

Not much else about his service gets touted by his followers except that

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Any hero status that McCain may have gained as a POW he has pissed away by contributing to the destruction of this Country.

Many people have been POW's that doesn't give the a license to phuqck up our Country. If people want to continue to hold him up as a hero that is fine with me, but I think of him as more of a traitor than a hero.

I always say, the only thing keeping McCain from being the worst POTUS in history is that Obama won the election and assumed the title.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Likewise, the reason they did no offend is past actions are no excuse for current behavior. McCain served honorably he endured a good deal and has my respect for that. However he has spent any capitol he had by his actions since being elected.
Originally Posted by travelingman1
I am a veteran and his remarks did not offend me.

Last edited by Pashooter; 07/20/15.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I don't get how a comment about an individual is an insult to a community.

Same as I don't get how someone is offended for God if someone say's God damn. Like God has virgin ears.

Let Trump and McCain duke it out... and quit being chickish.

Kent

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
all those so-called repub candidates who castigated Trump for daring to speak the truth needs to have points deducted from their campaigns.

let's see, there were several. that tends to suggest they are a part of the mainstream demo-publican consortium.

Trump along with a few others are tending to remain independent, and not clumped up with the demo's.

i just hope it's not to late to save America. there's so many catering and bidding for the illegal alien vote that the tipping point might have already been reached?

if so, not even a Trump-like candidate can save us.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by northcountry
To all who commented
hero not because he did something extraordinary in combat but because he was a POW. It is about the same as when the Prez jumped off the deep end over the college Prof. or the firing of a college Prof. for using the word [bleep]. People are either incompetent or no longer can speak and use the American language properly. Just my take YTMV Cheers NC

But isn't being a POw exactly what McCain is remembered for?

Not much else about his service gets touted by his followers except that

I haven't seen a SINGLE McCain follower here. In fact, just about every post has hammered him on his political and even personal life. Some of us just have the ability to discern between the two and the fact he was a war hero does not excuse what constitutes what some of you call treasonous behavior in his political life which I can certainly agree with. But on this and the other thread, I have never to date seen so much conjecture and fantasies (not a single one substantiated) he lived the Life Of Riley while a POW. Missing have your teeth and having arms like a T-Rex as a result of his torture as a POW should give even the most obtuse here a clue.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by krp

Same as I don't get how someone is offended for God if someone say's God damn. Like God has virgin ears.

Kent

"I like people who weren't captured."

I think it's safe to say that this statement insults the entire POW community, not just an individual, because it demeans what all POWs went through.

As an outsider who (luckily) was never a POW, I find it highly offensive because of its demeaning intent. If that makes me "chickish," so be it.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
You have not read all the posts

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
BY Paul Rieckhoff SPECIAL TO NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Sunday, July 19, 2015,

I have had the honor of working with Sen. McCain on key veterans legislation, including the Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans Act, which was signed into law by President Obama earlier this year.

Paul Rieckhoff is the founder and CEO of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, a 9/11 first responder and the author of “Chasing Ghosts.”

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I think it's safe to say that this statement insults the entire POW community, not just an individual, because it demeans what all POWs went through.

I just heard the recording and I would agree.

And I don't see him recovering from it either.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And McCain SHOULD apologize for this "Crazies" comments... If I were an RP supporter, I'd feel slighted! smile

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

"I like people who weren't captured."

As an outsider who (luckily) was never a POW, I find it highly offensive because of its demeaning intent. If that makes me "chickish," so be it.

So are you insulted by McCain calling you a crazy, Or is it just talking chit to Trump?

Kent

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I am a Viet Nam Vet and I do not fined the Trump statement insulting at all. The word "hero" has been sooo prostituted with the Bergdahl, John Kerry , Jenner and the unarmed black kids that the meaning has almost lost all of it's standing in this country. I am still behind Trump and his wakening of many of us that have been screwed by the political status quo.

TRUMP 2016

W. Bill

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
McCain turning his back on the MIA/POW's after the partial release of prisoners is the ultimate shame of his whole life:

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1234, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,105
Posts18,522,468
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.