Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
On pain meds for some bad burns on the left side of my body & leg. Haven't had to take any until today. It's 1206 am and been trying to get to sleep for an hour but no dice. I've taken these and other opiate based pain meds in the past and it's always the same story...can't sleep.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by DoeSlayer; 07/25/15.

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very sorry you were burned.... that is a nasty kind of pain. You might want to go drink a LARGE glass of prune juice to avoid another kind of "discomfort" later.

Best wishes for a full and rapid recovery.

Please don't feed the trolls!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have the same problem. There is about a 15 minute window after I take some that I can fall asleep, but after that I am up for the next 4-6 hours.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
The incident happened Monday evening. My leg is the worst, a mix of 1st & 2nd degree burns. The skin is dark red, bubbled and loosening up. I've been good until today. It was a struggle to make it to the bathroom around 9pm. That's when I decided to pop the pill knowing I'd be awake for awhile.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A little antihistamine e.q. Benadryl, Unisom, Nyquil, etc.
might help.

abusus non tollit usum
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Calling Dr. Daniels, Dr. Jack Daniels...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Prescription filled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Two other Docs you forgot...

Dr. Jim Beam me up Scotty and Dr. Jose Cuervo'd you go.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Tramadol does the same to me. It claims it should make an individual drowsy, but I get the opposite effect, including a "jittery" feeling as though I'd had far too much caffeine. And when I finally can sleep, I usually have weird dreams or even hallucinations. I hate taking it and only do so when I just can't stand the pain anymore.

Doeslayer-I'm sending prayers your way for a speedy, painless and complete recovery.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hydrocodone and tramadol make me itch furiously; big doses of benedryl help some, but it's still like full body poison ivy! My neurologist put me on Nucenta, which is tapentadol, and it works fairly well to relieve some pain without me clawing my hide bloody. The hydro is also a bowel plugger upper as already mentioned, best take some laxative with it, straining to go with burnt skin would be hellish. It was pretty bad after back surgery a few years ago.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I pray you don't wind up like me.
I had my toe fused to my foot 2 weeks ago. Took deladen (sp?), days 3-4, had a terrible trip. Felt like the room was closing in on me, had respitory depression, absolutely freaked out 3 weekends ago. Haven't been able to sleep properly since.
Last saturday, wife and I got out to the lake. I get to throwing a bumper for my Trap, being active, etc., took 1 hydrocodone (norco) pill around 2 pm., get home, dinner, tv, go to bed around midnight. Foot really hurting, take a norco around 2 am., by 3, when it kicked in, I started freaking out again.
Sunday morning, wife and I read the side effects of these drugs.
WOW !
I have like everyone. She takes me to immediate care.
Doc gives me 2 MG of vallium, to calm me and allow me to sleep.

Long story....

I'm off every hard drug now since 2 am last Sunday. Still have anxiety attacks and fast heart rate, and breathing issue's when ever I lay down. I can not sleep in my own bed.
I am terrified of it, and get some sleep, thanks to a melatonin based sleep aid, in our spare room.

I am afraid the side effects of these pain mess may have caused me permanent mental issues with sleeping.
I'm up now.... took a pill, fell asleep around 9:30, and wake every 2 hours. Sitting in the recliner on here now..
(Evident)...
I am hoping after the drugs completely clear my system, I can go back to normal sleep cycle. If not, I don't know what to do??
I have another surgery, Monday.
I pray the freaking out cycle doesn't start over.

Stay away from these things guys... they will mess your life up.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by DoeSlayer
On pain meds for some bad burns on the left side of my body & leg. Haven't had to take any until today. It's 1206 am and been trying to get to sleep for an hour but no dice. I've taken these and other opiate based pain meds in the past and it's always the same story...can't sleep.

Surely there is a sub forum here for the hypochondriacs to have a cry

Doesn't the bit up the top say hunting and shooting ?

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
We're talking around a fire, pard. Life hurts sometimes and you ain't helping. Have a care...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Originally Posted by DoeSlayer

Surely there is a sub forum here for the hypochondriacs to have a cry

Doesn't the bit up the top say hunting and shooting ?

OK.... you've dropped enough hints for us to know you are "British".

You ain't gonna find ANYTHING here that suits you.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Yes, feel asleep around 0330 and the crazy dreams ensued. Don't remember the details, but they were always changing, no rhyme or reason. Now up at 0630, let the dogs out, and will make an attempt at a shower and the drive to work.

Another hot day ahead. We have no AC, live in a log home built in the early 70's. I'll open up at night to cool the house down and trap some cool air for the following day. Only got down to 80 and still pretty humid out. I'll empty the dehumidifiers, get all the windows closed, and when I get home tonight stay in the basement which is 6-8 cooler than upstairs.

This whole deal was my fault. Did something stupid, thought I'd be OK. I must have called myself a dumb-ass 20 times after. The ER doctor was a babe. Pretty greenish-blue eyes and it looked like she kept in shape. Once they put the morphine in my IV, I started telling her how pretty she was. She just ignored me and turned me over to the nurse grin .

Last edited by DoeSlayer; 07/24/15.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've always found sleep to be a better thing than a little pain relief.

I'd pop 2 Benadryl and call it a night. A window AC can be had for cheap, enough for the bedroom.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck with all this.
Maybe buy a window a/c unit.

Doesn't matter now, what you did. Just heal up, and try to stay away from the hydro's.

I gotta start moving around, and get out, do something, exercise, or whatever to make myself physically tired.
I want to sleep soooo bad...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I had to have a molar pulled on Monday and the dentist wrote me a script for hydrocodone.

Took one about every 4 hours and felt good but they made me stay awake as well. Been leaving the house everyday at 5 AM to go move cows(pills and 4-wheelers/horses is not recommended for weekend warriors...), and staying up too late at night...

After 4 days it finally caught up with me yesterday. Literally couldn't stay awake and slept for 4 hours after lunch.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slacker!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fuuck dude, I hit the couch about 1:30 and didn't get up until after 5, looked at the clock and about chit myself!

Weirdness for sure.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 51 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,641
Posts18,474,495
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.