Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Karen Blixen once remarked that if she could do one thing again that she enjoyed in a remarkable life that it would be to " go on safari with Bror once more..."

Ive thought of this now that Ive clocked up six decades and if I could do anything once again it would be to hunt big mule deer with Ingwedog...

[Linked Image]

What would yours be?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it were possible I would go deer hunting with my late grandfather.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ride around in the woods in the evening looking for deer with my dad again.

LOL
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
I've long thought that I would like to go back and re-live a childhood Christmas. I'm talking from my single digit days when all the wonder and excitement was still there. When family parties stuffed warm, familiar homes full of cousins and other assorted relatives and we ran wild (within reason) with other kids in our age group.

When Christmas break from school meant a week or so off and we passed the time doing things like sledding down the Chippewa River banks and riding our bikes on iced over ditches.

A simple, stress free time full of excitement and the knowledge that we were cared for and loved.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Any childhood time with dad would work.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I would love to have Sunday dinner with my grandparents and uncles again.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
If it were possible I would go deer hunting with my late grandfather.

This right here, mine was the most influential man in my life, I miss him everyday.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A '60s vintage quail hunt with Gramps, Dad, my brother and uncles in the central Florida palmetto scrub and cypress heads.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to go coon hunting with Uncle Donald.

& Kate, the wonderdog...

Hipboots, a 10/22, and a crappy headlamp.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Who is this Melancholic woman? Pictures of the process would be appreciated.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
touche'

grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
To once again be able to roam millions of acres of woodlands in Northeastern Louisiana to hunt big bucks!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Another hunting trip with Dad, or even just a cup of tea and a b.s. session.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Two times I would like to go back to:

I want to go back to my Grandparents house on Berkley Street. Grandma Rosanna and I in the big kitchen, me kneeling on a chair wearing an over sized apron and getting all anxious, while she is preparing the dough for the pies, part of which she will share with me, so I can make a tiny little pie in a tart tin, for the first love of my life, my Grandpa Claude. He favoured a golden raisin pie, and the first bite he took always got me a big smile, a big sigh, and a big hug and kiss. I miss them both very much, life was safe back then, and love was all around me.

The second would be November 21, 2001. I want to live every minute of it from the BT phone, to the nasty Farmer's field, to the green apple from the gas station, to the most beautiful place I have ever laid my head, and finally to the biggest Scmuck I have ever known.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I guess that would have to be one more dove hunt with my old daddy. He dearly loved shooting them little flying rats, and was good enough to shame anyone around him, me included....... grin

I still remember one time that he shot one incoming, thrust his gun to me, jumped up, caught the falling dove in the pouch of his game vest, and nonchalantly acted like he did such things every day.............. He was definitely a character, and the best man I ever knew.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

The second would be November 21, 2001. I want to live every minute of it from the BT phone, to the nasty Farmer's field, to the green apple from the gas station, to the most beautiful place I have ever laid my head, and finally to the biggest Scmuck I have ever known.

Piqued.

Slap together a 15 page outline and send it to a publisher... or Lifetime Channel.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would like to go back to the days that both my children were born. I never knew what love was until God blessed my life with them and steered me on a path that only brought more of His blessings.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
I would pick one more rabbit hunt with my grandfather. He never hunted deer. There wasn't a season until he was too old to hunt.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Can't think of anything I miss enough to want to go back for.
Still have both parents, never knew either granddad or had a grandma long enough to know them well.

I'm content, had a pretty big life for a worn out construction worker.

The future concerns me more - no grand kids on the horizon, who the hell am I going to spoil?

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1_deuce, 06hunter59, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,473
Posts18,529,410
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.