Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
With my grandkids, kids and myself we have six of the older Marlins that use the grooved receiver and are not drilled for scope bases.

I would like to get them all drilled and tapped so I can use Weaver style rings. It makes scope changing much easier.

Looking at my 925 on which I have the bases it looks to be a straight forward job. I am considering doing it myself. I work cheap and hopefully I can save enough to pay for a jig and the other supplies.

I would appreciate it if you folks could lend me your experience on how to do this and what to buy for tools.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know if there is a commercially available jig to d&t Marlin rimfire bolt guns, so you'd probably have to make your own.

Using the B-Square 3/8* dovetail to Weaver adapters would be easier and probably cheaper too.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I like the adapters but have the impression they block the view of iron sights. I need to do some checking.

I will look at the B-Square in my new [literally just got it today] Brownell's catalogue.At leeast part of the reason for doing this is so Grandpa can have them take their scopes off and shoot with some irons once in a while. They like my 39M but so do I.

It looks like the Wiliams fixture may work for me. I need some details on taps and fluid. I have a couple of sets of taps but want to get better grade ones for this project.

Thanks,
Gary

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dancing Bear
I like the adapters but have the impression they block the view of iron sights. I need to do some checking.

I will look at the B-Square in my new [literally just got it today] Brownell's catalogue.At leeast part of the reason for doing this is so Grandpa can have them take their scopes off and shoot with some irons once in a while. They like my 39M but so do I.

It looks like the Wiliams fixture may work for me. I need some details on taps and fluid. I have a couple of sets of taps but want to get better grade ones for this project.

Thanks,
Gary

The B-Square Weaver adapters are very thin and can't be much, if any, thicker than the correct Weaver base. I have bought less expensive Weaver adapters, but they were thicker than the B-Square units and now reside in compartmental plastic box somewhere in my storage locker.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
260 Rem guy. I took a look at them and I think they wiil work for what I want.

I am ordering a couple to try out. Thanks for the lead.

Gary

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,773 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,981
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.