Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#10218478 07/30/15
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone riding anything interesting or new this year?

Now that I'm legal - I've been looking more. Most likely this spring before I buy. Always been a HD fan and can really like a Sportster 48 for my needs but it's getting REAL hard to ignore what's available in the same price range in a tripple hooligan bike like the Triumph or FZ-09 from Yamaha. Hell, even a Ducati 821 Monster is about the same as a 1200 Sporty...

Whatcha riding these days?

Me

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
get the hd and thank us later. you wont be near as tempted to over ride your skill . after learning you can make a better choice for next bike. but it will be a hd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I couldn't imagine passing over an 821 to climb on a harley.

That said I don't ride, our roads suck, or drivers suck, and I know myself well enough to not have a street bike.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by domit
get the hd and thank us later. you wont be near as tempted to over ride your skill . after learning you can make a better choice for next bike. but it will be a hd.

I've quite a bit of experience - just never had the endorsement until now which has me thinking it's bike time again.

Quickest bike I've run is the GSXR 750 but a sportbike doesn't interest me near as much as a naked/street fighter at this time.

Me

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Hard to give motorcycle advice. The 48's look fun and I was thinking about getting one, but the thing that turned me off about them is the range of that little peanut tank.

Just running around the countryside on a Saturday would have me hitting the gas station 3 times.

IC B2

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Hard to give motorcycle advice. The 48's look fun and I was thinking about getting one, but the thing that turned me off about them is the range of that little peanut tank.

Just running around the countryside on a Saturday would have me hitting the gas station 3 times.

Exactly - cousin had one, really nice but about 100 miles was it. You basically have to get the peanut off an 883 Iron right away to get the 3.5 gallon version to extend your range a little.

I have a long time to look - just curious was others were riding this summer more than a "what should I buy" thread.

You still on that high way scooter thing?

Me

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by teal
...or FZ-09 from Yamaha...

I had a 2002 FZ1 - badazz bike! I bought it from a guy in Port Charlotte, FL via cycle trader online. Flew over on a Sat am red eye flight, he picked me up at the airport (had my boots, jacket, gloves, helmet and pistol wink ) and was home around 9pm Sunday night abt 1100 miles later. Was a fun trip! Except for the rain all the way through MS and LA.

I had been riding a while, but nothing like that bike - when I hit 110 in 2nd gear (and only felt like about 75) on an entrance ramp, I gained a new found respect for any type of "sport" bike. I rode it for several years, but after a few too many close calls decided to call it quits while I was still ahead (like walking away from a hot table in Vegas, but you're eventually going to lose...).

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

You still on that high way scooter thing?

Yeah,...took it up on the other side of Cincinnati today,..about 250 miles round trip. I put some 30 sunscreen on my face, but it must be out of date. My head looks like a ripe tomato.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TXRam

I had a 2002 FZ1 - badazz bike! I bought it from a guy in Port Charlotte, FL via cycle trader online. Flew over on a Sat am red eye flight, he picked me up at the airport (had my boots, jacket, gloves, helmet and pistol wink ) and was home around 9pm Sunday night abt 1100 miles later. Was a fun trip! Except for the rain all the way through MS and LA.

I had been riding a while, but nothing like that bike - when I hit 110 in 2nd gear (and only felt like about 75) on an entrance ramp, I gained a new found respect for any type of "sport" bike. I rode it for several years, but after a few too many close calls decided to call it quits while I was still ahead (like walking away from a hot table in Vegas, but you're eventually going to lose...).

That had the R1 motor right?

FZ-09 is a tripple in the 850 range. 110 hp or so and a hell of a lot of bike for 8k. 3 riding modes.

Me

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
[video:youtube]OrrStbg7H4E[/video]

Me

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have turned 101,000 miles on my Electra Glide.
Way different than a rice burner.
I have ridden Ducati on a demo ride and rented a Hd VRod put 357 miles on it in one day.
I like the VROD and the Ducati. Maybe I should try a rice burner? The Honda Vaylkrie looks interesting.
whelennut

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TXRam

That had the R1 motor right?

FZ-09 is a tripple in the 850 range. 110 hp or so and a hell of a lot of bike for 8k. 3 riding modes.

Yep, 140hp and tuned more for low and mid-range than top end unlike the R1. I rejetted it, removed the CA crap, put a new pipe on it and it should've been about 155hp by all accounts, and heavy enough to keep the front wheel on the ground!

Some days I really miss it!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Here she is/was -

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
[video:youtube]OrrStbg7H4E[/video]

They're trying to reinvent the KTM Duke.

http://www.ktm.com/us/naked-bike/1290-super-duke-r/

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I had a 2008 Ultra Classic Electra Glide until earlier this year.

It was dropped off of a tow truck and totaled

50,000 miles on it and I still got $18,300 after it was all settled.

I now have a new mortgage on a Limited Low 103 Cu. Inch motor.

2008 I traveled at a comfortable 80 MPH the new Limited Low 90s and even fells good at 110MPH. Corners better that the 2008 as well.

If you can swig it go HD

I would like to see any of the other makes keep an after market value like HD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
I'm still ridin' my Honda VTX1800T

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I ride a 97 Dyna Low Rider bagged out for highway riding. Floorboards for both Driver and passenger. Front fairings, windshield and sport tour pack. She's got 87K on her now and still looks new!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'd pass the Sportster and move up to a bigger bike. You'll be glad you did. Have fun and be safe on whatever you buy!

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
The bike that can do it all, maybe not all well, or fast, but if you're patient... All

[Linked Image]

Through mengal pass in Death Valley

[Linked Image]

Just my opinion, but the most fun you can have on a motorcycle is with a dual sport.

Last edited by robertham1; 07/30/15.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by robertham1
....Just my opinion, but the most fun you can have on a motorcycle is with a dual sport.

There's an off-road track 1.9 miles from my house.

My dirty toys.

[Linked Image]

The XL is street legal.

[Linked Image]

...and the coast is only 6hrs away!

[Linked Image]

DMc

laugh

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We're kinda motorcycle poor around here...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

DMc

smile

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Mink; 07/30/15.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[Linked Image]

Been there. Doing it again this weekend. smile

Hunt Africa while you can
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
HD all the way for me. My current rides;

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I ride a 2010 BMW F800gs. Thinking about the R1200gs adventure.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Eyeballing a R1200GS before the health says that's it...
Building a long travel ZX10/Naked/Fighter. Should be a hoot....

W

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Victory just released a new electric sport bike, starting msrp 20k

:eyeroll:

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm riding a VTX 1800C. The only bike that really interests me is the Triumph Rocket III Roadster. Three cylinders and more displacement than the average car on the road, all packaged in a scooter that wouldn't make you part of a herd. I can dig it.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The important thing is that no matter what kind of bike you choose, you get to do the down low motorcycle wave.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last Saturday I test rode a 2015 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited (wet head.) It was nice. Then I went to the BMW dealer and tried out the new K1600GTL and a Triumph Trophy. The GLT was awesome, but the Trophy made more sense for me. However, I bought my first brand new motorcycle, which is even lighter than the Trophy, a BMW R1200RT. My wife wants to tour some, so I obliged! grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
teal,

I've decided I'm not buying another bike for about 5 years.

When I dream of what I'm going to buy I look at the KTM Duke, and the KTM 1190 Adventure.

The Duke is awesome but the Adventure would be much more practical for me.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by deflave
teal,

When I dream of what I'm going to buy I look at the KTM Duke, and the KTM 1190 Adventure.

Travis

If you've got the coin those are two bad ass choices. There's a KTM dealer about 100 yards down from my work. Sitting on either may cause you to reach for your checkbook so fast you pull a muscle

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
teal,

Travis

Those are cool bikes

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
teal,

Travis

That Adventure Baja is one bad ass lookin bike. cool

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone riding anything interesting or new this year?

Now that I'm legal - I've been looking more. Most likely this spring before I buy. Always been a HD fan and can really like a Sportster 48 for my needs but it's getting REAL hard to ignore what's available in the same price range in a tripple hooligan bike like the Triumph or FZ-09 from Yamaha. Hell, even a Ducati 821 Monster is about the same as a 1200 Sporty...

Whatcha riding these days?

Here are mine:[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Do yourself a favor. Start with a Harley. I rode various Hondas for years, including GoldWing, sport tourers, etc. There's nothing like a Harley.

As you can see from above I have a Sportster 72 and a Softail Crossbones (no longer made). The Softail is Springer style and is a very good road bike.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I have an Aprilia Tunnel 1000r.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by robertham1

If you've got the coin those are two bad ass choices. There's a KTM dealer about 100 yards down from my work. Sitting on either may cause you to reach for your checkbook so fast you pull a muscle

There's a KTM dealer in Great Falls. I just drive past it. grin

I could buy one right now but it would just sit.

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

That Adventure Baja is one bad ass lookin bike. cool

Very.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a Kawasaki ZZR1200 for playing on the street; fastest carbureted bike ever made. And for the dirt and dual sporting, I lave a KLX650. Wife wants me to get a Harley, and I'm kicking it around, but I don't want to give up the Super Sport. If I can keep what I have and just add the Harley, then I'd take a Fat Boy, those are cool.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sako4me
I ride a 2010 BMW F800gs. Thinking about the R1200gs adventure.
Damn good bike!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
CB750 made in 1970, bike almost as old as I am smile

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by domit

I've quite a bit of experience - just never had the endorsement until now which has me thinking it's bike time again.

Quickest bike I've run is the GSXR 750 but a sportbike doesn't interest me near as much as a naked/street fighter at this time.

Triumph street triple is the cats meow. It makes good power on the bottom and is more in tune for everyday street riding compared to a sport bike with all the power in the upper rpm range, plus it has a radiator and is lighter than the harley.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got this one:

The price was right.

[Linked Image]

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I have a Kawasaki ZZR1200 for playing on the street; fastest carbureted bike ever made. . .

That used to be my favorite sport tourer. Awesome. Love it!

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had a Suzuki 30+ years ago. My ride today is a HD Wide Glide. Suits me perfectly for what I want now.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't really miss my motocross days - dirt's out for me. Every once in a while - I get the itch. A 10 minute ride through the woods on my cousin's KTM kills that quick.

Thinking I'll keep my eyes open on CL this winter and look to rob someone errrr get a good deal with snow on the ground. And yeah - will probably end up HD but damn, that Yamaha has my interest up.

Me

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
They Kentucky Kid for Bristoe - on a Duc -

[video:youtube]Stmu0PEUQX4[/video]

Me

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm still putting around on a '99 ZRX1100, fun commuter bike.
Teal, you need a Kawasaki H2!
Skip forward to 4:00 or so

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 2 I currently have; have had lots of bikes but Harley's suit me best. The newer one are great.

MM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Dealer was telling me he sells something like 4 streetglides to every other motorcycles on the floor.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's true, but the Road Glide & & Ultra's are right behind.

Big bikes are the hot items.

Ride before you buy is the best advice I can give you.

MM

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
THANK YOU - Picture posters!

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Got no interest in a rolling couch.

My cycle needs are primarily my work commute and then bumming around Door County and the UP.

Zero interest in long range running or rallies or any of that stuff.

Me

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
1978 Yamaha SR-500 - - -

I cleaned out my storage shed a couple days ago and unearthed my old last bike.
It looks exactly like this (link) - in every detail except for a couple decades of dust and grime.
One big cylinder, kick-start, lots'a torque, no downshifting necessary.

> http://p1.bikepics.com/2008/06/11/bikepics-1317564-full.jpg <

Everything intact & low mileage. I'm going to resurrect it !

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
They Kentucky Kid for Bristoe - on a Duc -

[video:youtube]Stmu0PEUQX4[/video]

Nicky's good, but he had some trouble when he went from superbike to motogp.

He's done enough to feel entitled, however. A few of these will take the lead outta ya pencil.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by P_Weed
1978 Yamaha SR-500 - - -

Very cool! Ebay will be your parts friend.

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Am still thoroughly enjoying my 2009 Suzuki DL 650.

[Linked Image]

Have had up to 800 miles days, have done 200 miles of dirt in one day on it. Comfortable, decent handling. Not the best at anything, but a good general purpose bike.

Plenty of pep for me, with that little twin 650.

Regards, Guy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My cycle needs are primarily my work commute and then bumming around Door County and the UP.

All day comfort.
[Linked Image]
A rolling couch.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GuyM

[Linked Image]

Have had up to 800 miles days, have done 200 miles of dirt in one day on it. Comfortable, decent handling. Not the best at anything, but a good general purpose bike.

Regards, Guy

I had one of those and it's certainly in the top 3 bikes I've owned. Not because it absolutely killed at anything, but because it did a bunch of stuff really, really well. 400 mile + road trip? Check. Respectable performance in the mountain twisties, yup! Not too much of a pig to take on moderate off road trails? Yes indeed. Tons of accessories and luggage options, very reliable, good dealer network, decent looking, good power for the size, and just a ball of fun.

I've had Ducatis, Kawasakis, Suzukis, a Yamaha, a Triumph, a few others (even an Excelsior Henderson) and enjoyed them all for what they were. Buy what trips your trigger right now, then send it down the road when you get an itch for something new. Before I gave it up I had the little V-Strom 650 and a Ducati Monster, which was a nice combo.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

HD Dyna Series is a good compromise.........find a good used Super Glide Custom & rock on. Lots around at good prices.

I do not like the new Low Rider at all &, at least for now, they've used it to replace the SG Custom.

This is the one I ride regularly........Woods Cams & a SuperTrapp Exhaust, 96" motor. It'll snatch the front wheel up real quick like & has all the power & speed any normal person can want.

Nimble enough in any kind of situation, yet will make long runs if needed, & it'll ride 2 up if the need arises too.

MM

[Linked Image]

MM

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Bought a new 1400 Moto Guzzi Cali last year.
Still riding all the other old iron.
I don't wave. I ride alone.
First set 2 wheels '46 Cushman, younger than me.

Attached Images
attachments.jpg (28.71 KB, 79 downloads)
IMG_0534.jpg (81.15 KB, 79 downloads)
IMG_0032.jpg (84.34 KB, 69 downloads)
35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do yourself a favor and take this for a test ride.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcd/5150322099.html
It`s a cruiser that thinks it`s a sport bike,with goobs of torque.
Looks like this one needs a Power Commander and some Samson Ripsaws:):)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Teal,
Congrats on getting your endorsement and thanks for a fun thread. I've enjoyed looking at all the pics posted.

I've been riding a HD Street 750, and it's been a nice upgrade to my Suzuki Savage 650. It's primarily water cooled, and it's my understanding that only the V-Rod, in the HD line, has used the water-cooled engine.

I use my Street for work commute, day trips, and look forward to an 1-2 day trip up to Spokane and Northern Idaho. I recently took it to a bike rally in Eastern Oregon and had a blast riding with other riders on all types of bikes. The Street is a real conversation piece, as this bike is unlike anything else HD has came out with.

If you enjoy polishing chrome, this bike is not for you. The Streets have mostly black for the engine and exhaust. I added the Screaming Eagle air cleaner and 2 brothers exhaust for some additional horse power....and talk about easy to handle! Other riders commented on how I could take the corners in the mountains with ease and speed.

Google the HD website and you can take a look. They come in flat black, glossy black, and a deep red. ...customizing the bike is the fun part.

One other suggestion would be to find out when your local HD dealership is offering trial rides on their bikes. This is what I did and the bike sold itself.

~ Sherri

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Spent a lot of time on the Street 500 in class. Decent little bike but not for me.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Gotcha. Nothing like riding one to find out. The 750 has enough power for what I need to do. I'll need something larger once I have the time to do longer trips.

Regardless, it will be fun to see what you end up with!

Last edited by asphaltangel; 08/01/15. Reason: changed wording
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GuyM

[Linked Image]

Regards, Guy

Lots of outdoors folks like that bike. I thought about getting one and couldn't decide if I wanted the v strom 1000 or the wee strom 650. I decided to just stay out of anymore debt cause I already have a XR650R and I'm not gonna trade it in or sale it.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As one who was trying to keep up with Asphaltangel in the curves of NE Oregon during the first annual Pendleton Bike Week, I can attest to how quick and nimble she and her still new to her 750 street are. I have been riding for about 35 years and was able to ride as fast as I cared to without worrying if Sherri could keep up for a change. With her Suzuki that was an issue, now solved!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
^^^

Eat a dick

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
At the Street's price point - I'm again looking at a Yamaha - the FZ-07 is right there at MSRP sub 7k.

I liked the 500 I rode and it's a very un-intimidating machine. Fit and finish are what I'd expect at that price but I wasn't all that impressed with the transmission.

You had to decidedly depress the lever 2x to get from 2 to 1 with regularity. It just loved to find neutral for me. Bike only had 341 miles on it - so maybe some breaking in but I wasn't real impressed with it. The linkage shifting also felt like I had to move the lever a mile to make a gear change.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Andrew,

Take a gander at the new Indians while you're at it. Nice looking machines.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Sean - there's an Indian dealer here I've been meaning to get to for a couple of years. Indian, BMW and Ducati dealership.

I have to get the endorsement actually put on my license this week and then I'm going to stop in and see what/what.

Me

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
... [Linked Image]

These are some of Harley's best handling and best looking all-around bikes. Had a '09 Super Glide Custom, now an '06 XL883/1200C.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pal,

Great looking Sporty you have there! My HD is a former 883 also, the 883R now a bit over 1200cc's with a mild hot rodding or build to the motor. I put the fattest good quality tires we could shoehorn into the swingarm and between the forks on it and it is the most fun motorcycle I have ever had so far.

Yes, one can ride a Harley and have a reliable,good handling and quick bike at the same time.

Keep the rubber side down!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by safariman
As one who was trying to keep up with Asphaltangel in the curves of NE Oregon during the first annual Pendleton Bike Week, I can attest to how quick and nimble she and her still new to her 750 street are. I have been riding for about 35 years and was able to ride as fast as I cared to without worrying if Sherri could keep up for a change. With her Suzuki that was an issue, now solved!
I don't know why you would even take the time to post anything. Do you really think anyone here is going to believe an ounce of what spouts out of ur mouth. Give it a rest man. Actually call it done. Go find somewhere else to spew ur lies.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow, you guys bounce back from bankruptcy better/faster than a simple guy like me could ever believe is possible.

In only a matter of a few months you've gone from dire straits, claiming that you couldn't afford your post-kidney transplant meds, to the ability to afford and justify the purchase of an expensive new toy, unbelievable.

No shame? No guilt? No remorse? No conscience? No good.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The reason is because all of it is a lie, every bit of anything he says is a lie.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
mine on the Going-to-the-Sun

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and on the Beartooth Highway in a snow squall, which was different for me. usually I get into thunderstorms up there.

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really need to bring my rice burner back from the dead. To get a spark will cost more than the bike is worth, right?
70,000 very hard miles on it but it didn't leak and wore tires out on the sides. I hard-faced the footpegs.
Beartooth, CA 20, CA 1, CA 4, OR 3, Mines Road, Mt. Ham, Page Mill, Alices, Skyline....CA 36....
Boy that was fun.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My V65 Sabre turned 31 this year. Still pretty to look at and still pulls hard. Washed and waxed then ran the tank empty today.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Wow, you guys bounce back from bankruptcy better/faster than a simple guy like me could ever believe is possible.

In only a matter of a few months you've gone from dire straits, claiming that you couldn't afford your post-kidney transplant meds, to the ability to afford and justify the purchase of an expensive new toy, unbelievable.

It's called a significant work promotion Remguy. Hard work pays off, or at least it did with my employer. Not just a significant pay increase, but a great benefit package. Dedication, hard work, and the grace of God... smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
lmao

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Harleys are cool if:

1. you are an old semi bald white guy w/ a pony tail.

2. think that riding a "chopper" makes you tough.

3. Watch TV shows that glorifies the lifestyle of criminals and predators.

4. Hang out w/ Safariman or his fellow travellers.

5. Don't give a damn what other people thinkgrin

6. Sportsters are to real bikes what KFC is to home made fried chicken.

Just thought I would a redistibute la merde. You are welcome and I really like Brit bikes and Gin.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well you are almost right on #1 (no ponytail just bold)
You are wrong on #2 , 3 , 4 & 6
Dead on with #5

I do not give a Damb about what people think and if I come up on your arrs you had better get out of my way or I will run you off of the road on the other hand if you come up on me I will let you pass.

I have to add I drive threw Lost Angeles for work and I do not care what you drive , You had better know how these Bastids in LA look to hit you at times.

Last edited by funshooter; 08/03/15.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Funshooter, I will get out of your way. Riding a bike in traffic is a testament to darwinism and a strong survival instinct that must be tested to evolve.

People that ride are the only ones that understand people that ride.

That being said, anyone who would ride a Harley would fondle barnyard critters when nubile females are available.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Czech_Made
CB750 made in 1970, bike almost as old as I am smile

Czech, stop. Just stop.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by toad
mine on the Going-to-the-Sun

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and on the Beartooth Highway in a snow squall, which was different for me. usually I get into thunderstorms up there.

[Linked Image]

toad, I think your girl now officially qualifies for iron butt on that Fattie. Even with the Corbin. smile

Last edited by local_dirt; 08/03/15.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sounds like someone sold a third kidney to fund a bike.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

It's called a significant work promotion Remguy. Hard work pays off, or at least it did with my employer. Not just a significant pay increase, but a great benefit package. Dedication, hard work, and the grace of God... smile

selling "insurance" again?

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

LOL Classic.... Reminds me of the time safariman got called out on a rifle he was trying to scam someone on. Members pointed out his lies, and somehow it's magically "sold".

Last month, "Bankruptcy".....
This month, "New Bikes" and magically a big promotion at work...lol, Instead of spending other people's money, you would think these so called "Christian people" would be paying back all those who donated to his supposed ailments with this so called big promotion, but nah, let's go buy some bikes.
I am absolute certain on one thing for sure. You all can spew ur lies to whomever u want, but there's for sure 2 people you aren't going to fool. That's ME and GOD. You can claim, talk, lie, cheat, steal all you want but ur never going to ever ever convince me of anything that ever comes our of ur mouths is the truth. The sad part is, ur lying to urselves more than anyone else.

Last edited by fredhorace77; 08/03/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just when I thought I've read it all.
You know what else pays off? People - to their creditors.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
You know what else pays off? People - to their creditors.

or maybe not....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
File chapter 7.
Use some 'friends".
Buy more chit.
Praise Jesus.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Timing is everything.

Have Dog

Will Travel

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
From kidney replacement, to destitute, to bankruptcy, to magical recovery, to magical earnings, to magical promotions, to a magical blessing from God.

All in a 6 month time frame. If that happens to anyone else, it would be indeed "magical". Instead, it's just another in the line of life struggles no one else in this world could even make up.

A narcissistic con man indeed. And a "magical" one at that.

Wow +P++

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

My sides hurt...

Holy fugk....

Clark

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nice Harley toad.

Travis

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Harleys are cool if:

Just thought I would a redistibute la merde. You are welcome and I really like Brit bikes and Gin.

mike r
Yeah, put me at five.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bikes are kinda like guns

There are enough varieties out there that you can justify getting a different kind ...and if you're lucky enough, at the same time.

I'd like something nimble - like a lightweight 600cc flavor of somekind to sit next to my starter v-twin.

Most likely a used flooded market model like a Ninja or Bandit

I see people selling Buell's here on the cheap. Not sure if they are junk or what.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/04/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Tell that story to the people who are investigating your bankruptcy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2009 Road Glide, and 2013 F800GS in my stable. Love 'em both. Had a brief fling with a KLR650 until it was totaled thanks to left turning dimwit in an A4. Frankly, I was disappointed in the KLR. It was loads of fun, at first; but in the long run underpowered, and under braked. A good but not great bike. Very happy with the F800. Great power and brakes, but the tradeoff is it's a bit heavy off road. Something like a DRZ400 or a KTM EXC would round out things nicely! smile

Keep the rubber side down!

Jeff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Harleys are cool if:

mike r

If ignorance were painful, you'd need a morphine drip to get through the day.

Jeff

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I guess that would make me a #5.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

You're wasting your time here. You could be cramming for your Joel Osteen online television evangelist degree.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Got to wonder why they post about motorcycles, guns, etc., but there has not been even the slightest mention of, let alone an update regarding the current state of health of Safariman's cousin, Vicki, the donor of the life saving kidney he received?

Also, with the recent windfall "significant" work promotion, which included a "significant" pay increase (apparently significant enough to buy a new or almost new HD Street 750), and a "great benefit package", it would have been a profoundly thoughtful, Christian act if Safariman and asphaltangel would have showed their sincere, heartfelt appreciation for cousin Vicki's most generous, selfless, gift of life by donating one of her own kidneys to Safariman, if they would have surprised Vicki and her husband with a nice little get-away vacation, or something else equally nice, instead of running out and buying expensive new toys for themselves, as they apparently have.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Cousin Vicki is probably insured and her days are numbered now that granny cashed in her chips.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and all this time I thought it was Aunt Edna up there

[Linked Image]

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I rode my 1962 vintage Honda CL72 to the office this morning. It was fun, but I wouldn't want to take the bike on a long journey.

Perry

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Cousin Vicki is probably insured and her days are numbered now that granny cashed in her chips.

Yeah, but guess who sold her the insurance coverage?

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And who is the beneficiary...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

The heat was on and that first post about the "new" bike had to be fixed, didn't it Mark ? Hence the "still new to her" to cover ass huh ?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by local_dirt

You're wasting your time here. You could be cramming for your Joel Osteen online television evangelist degree.

Damn ! Just Damn ! ^5 ! grin

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

The heat was on and that first post about the "new" bike had to be fixed, didn't it Mark ? Hence the "still new to her" to cover ass huh ?

The 750 street just came out this year. 2015

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

The 750 street just came out this year. 2015

Hmmmmmm, and the plot thickens.

She did not even write the original post about the bike, he did, she never signs "~Sherri", she does not normally sign. He does it so others will think it is her, except that it is not normal for her so it gives him away.

He had to post under her name, because nobody gives a flying fugg about him, and would not waste a second reading anything he would write.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hmmmmmm....

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RWE
and all this time I thought it was Aunt Edna up there

[Linked Image]

the leg behind the front tire is still the best part.

My diploma is a DD214
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well what about the victim, Vicky?

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Teal,
Congrats on getting your endorsement and thanks for a fun thread. I've enjoyed looking at all the pics posted.

I've been riding a HD Street 750, and it's been a nice upgrade to my Suzuki Savage 650. It's primarily water cooled, and it's my understanding that only the V-Rod, in the HD line, has used the water-cooled engine.

I use my Street for work commute, day trips, and look forward to an 1-2 day trip up to Spokane and Northern Idaho. I recently took it to a bike rally in Eastern Oregon and had a blast riding with other riders on all types of bikes. The Street is a real conversation piece, as this bike is unlike anything else HD has came out with.

If you enjoy polishing chrome, this bike is not for you. The Streets have mostly black for the engine and exhaust. I added the Screaming Eagle air cleaner and 2 brothers exhaust for some additional horse power....and talk about easy to handle! Other riders commented on how I could take the corners in the mountains with ease and speed.

Google the HD website and you can take a look. They come in flat black, glossy black, and a deep red. ...customizing the bike is the fun part.

One other suggestion would be to find out when your local HD dealership is offering trial rides on their bikes. This is what I did and the bike sold itself.

~ Sherri

And besides the "~ Sherri", sign-off, we're supposed to believe that that post was made by asphaltangel when it reads just exactly like one of Safariman's classified ads?

But then there's this.

...I'll be back sometime, but will not grab another assumed cybername. I will still be safariman. All will know who I am, and I am a man not afraid to face some personal demons and get 'em killed off, and will not take the cowards way of using some other name and hoping no one knows who I really am....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...:_VERY_beautiful_full_custom#Post9923642

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We just returned home from a 1460 mile cruise on our 2014 Heritage. My overall review is pretty darn good. Riding 2 up at 60 to 80 mph loaded heavy, thanks to my beautiful wife's suitcase habits, things went remarkably well. I think we made a good choice for our riding style.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 21
Harleys are cool if:

mike r
Yeah, put me at five.
+1

Originally Posted by KFWA
Bikes are kinda like guns

There are enough varieties out there that you can justify getting a different kind ...and if you're lucky enough, at the same time.
Yep..

I've had a bunch. Started out with Suzuki in '68 - then two Triumph Trident 750s, then a Suzuki GS110L, then two Kawasaki Voyagers (the big 6-cyl ones - the second one I drove for 18 years) then finally to HD (now on the 6th since '05)

When you're young, bikes like those can be ridden easily. but when a rider gets older (read: stiffer) they're just simply not comfortable enough to stay on for more than a few miles, which is why those big baggers become so inviting.

I just came back from the rally with about 1500 miles put on the Ultra Classic. I can ride that bike for 600 miles/day and not have to be pried off the seat and placed in a Jacuzzi to recuperate..

Nice to see a helluva lotta women riding solo there too. And they're not on just Dynas or Sportsters either - many are riding full baggers and handling 'em just fine.. Female riders are becoming a larger segment of the bike family and IMHO that's a good thing..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Last edited by ST50; 08/10/15.
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL at Safariman/asphalt angel pulling a Homer Simpson. Doh!

To the topic I currently ride a 2006 BMW 1200 GS.
Good bike for being able to check the crops and turn round in the fields or buzz cross the pasture.
Then throw my wife and gear on back for a weekend trip.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.