-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2009 Road Glide, and 2013 F800GS in my stable. Love 'em both. Had a brief fling with a KLR650 until it was totaled thanks to left turning dimwit in an A4. Frankly, I was disappointed in the KLR. It was loads of fun, at first; but in the long run underpowered, and under braked. A good but not great bike. Very happy with the F800. Great power and brakes, but the tradeoff is it's a bit heavy off road. Something like a DRZ400 or a KTM EXC would round out things nicely! smile

Keep the rubber side down!

Jeff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Harleys are cool if:

1. you are an old semi bald white guy w/ a pony tail.

2. think that riding a "chopper" makes you tough.

3. Watch TV shows that glorifies the lifestyle of criminals and predators.

4. Hang out w/ Safariman or his fellow travellers.

5. Don't give a damn what other people thinkgrin

6. Sportsters are to real bikes what KFC is to home made fried chicken.

Just thought I would a redistibute la merde. You are welcome and I really like Brit bikes and Gin.

mike r

If ignorance were painful, you'd need a morphine drip to get through the day.

Jeff

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I guess that would make me a #5.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

It's called a significant work promotion Remguy. Hard work pays off, or at least it did with my employer. Not just a significant pay increase, but a great benefit package. Dedication, hard work, and the grace of God... smile

You're wasting your time here. You could be cramming for your Joel Osteen online television evangelist degree.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Got to wonder why they post about motorcycles, guns, etc., but there has not been even the slightest mention of, let alone an update regarding the current state of health of Safariman's cousin, Vicki, the donor of the life saving kidney he received?

Also, with the recent windfall "significant" work promotion, which included a "significant" pay increase (apparently significant enough to buy a new or almost new HD Street 750), and a "great benefit package", it would have been a profoundly thoughtful, Christian act if Safariman and asphaltangel would have showed their sincere, heartfelt appreciation for cousin Vicki's most generous, selfless, gift of life by donating one of her own kidneys to Safariman, if they would have surprised Vicki and her husband with a nice little get-away vacation, or something else equally nice, instead of running out and buying expensive new toys for themselves, as they apparently have.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Cousin Vicki is probably insured and her days are numbered now that granny cashed in her chips.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and all this time I thought it was Aunt Edna up there

[Linked Image]

P
PWN Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I rode my 1962 vintage Honda CL72 to the office this morning. It was fun, but I wouldn't want to take the bike on a long journey.

Perry

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Cousin Vicki is probably insured and her days are numbered now that granny cashed in her chips.

Yeah, but guess who sold her the insurance coverage?

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And who is the beneficiary...

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by safariman
As one who was trying to keep up with Asphaltangel in the curves of NE Oregon during the first annual Pendleton Bike Week, I can attest to how quick and nimble she and her still new to her 750 street are. I have been riding for about 35 years and was able to ride as fast as I cared to without worrying if Sherri could keep up for a change. With her Suzuki that was an issue, now solved!

The heat was on and that first post about the "new" bike had to be fixed, didn't it Mark ? Hence the "still new to her" to cover ass huh ?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by local_dirt

It's called a significant work promotion Remguy. Hard work pays off, or at least it did with my employer. Not just a significant pay increase, but a great benefit package. Dedication, hard work, and the grace of God... smile

You're wasting your time here. You could be cramming for your Joel Osteen online television evangelist degree.

Damn ! Just Damn ! ^5 ! grin

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
As one who was trying to keep up with Asphaltangel in the curves of NE Oregon during the first annual Pendleton Bike Week, I can attest to how quick and nimble she and her still new to her 750 street are. I have been riding for about 35 years and was able to ride as fast as I cared to without worrying if Sherri could keep up for a change. With her Suzuki that was an issue, now solved!

The heat was on and that first post about the "new" bike had to be fixed, didn't it Mark ? Hence the "still new to her" to cover ass huh ?

The 750 street just came out this year. 2015

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

The 750 street just came out this year. 2015

Hmmmmmm, and the plot thickens.

She did not even write the original post about the bike, he did, she never signs "~Sherri", she does not normally sign. He does it so others will think it is her, except that it is not normal for her so it gives him away.

He had to post under her name, because nobody gives a flying fugg about him, and would not waste a second reading anything he would write.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hmmmmmm....

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RWE
and all this time I thought it was Aunt Edna up there

[Linked Image]

the leg behind the front tire is still the best part.

My diploma is a DD214
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well what about the victim, Vicky?

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Teal,
Congrats on getting your endorsement and thanks for a fun thread. I've enjoyed looking at all the pics posted.

I've been riding a HD Street 750, and it's been a nice upgrade to my Suzuki Savage 650. It's primarily water cooled, and it's my understanding that only the V-Rod, in the HD line, has used the water-cooled engine.

I use my Street for work commute, day trips, and look forward to an 1-2 day trip up to Spokane and Northern Idaho. I recently took it to a bike rally in Eastern Oregon and had a blast riding with other riders on all types of bikes. The Street is a real conversation piece, as this bike is unlike anything else HD has came out with.

If you enjoy polishing chrome, this bike is not for you. The Streets have mostly black for the engine and exhaust. I added the Screaming Eagle air cleaner and 2 brothers exhaust for some additional horse power....and talk about easy to handle! Other riders commented on how I could take the corners in the mountains with ease and speed.

Google the HD website and you can take a look. They come in flat black, glossy black, and a deep red. ...customizing the bike is the fun part.

One other suggestion would be to find out when your local HD dealership is offering trial rides on their bikes. This is what I did and the bike sold itself.

~ Sherri

And besides the "~ Sherri", sign-off, we're supposed to believe that that post was made by asphaltangel when it reads just exactly like one of Safariman's classified ads?

But then there's this.

...I'll be back sometime, but will not grab another assumed cybername. I will still be safariman. All will know who I am, and I am a man not afraid to face some personal demons and get 'em killed off, and will not take the cowards way of using some other name and hoping no one knows who I really am....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...:_VERY_beautiful_full_custom#Post9923642

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We just returned home from a 1460 mile cruise on our 2014 Heritage. My overall review is pretty darn good. Riding 2 up at 60 to 80 mph loaded heavy, thanks to my beautiful wife's suitcase habits, things went remarkably well. I think we made a good choice for our riding style.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 21
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Harleys are cool if:

1. you are an old semi bald white guy w/ a pony tail.

2. think that riding a "chopper" makes you tough.

3. Watch TV shows that glorifies the lifestyle of criminals and predators.

4. Hang out w/ Safariman or his fellow travellers.

5. Don't give a damn what other people thinkgrin

6. Sportsters are to real bikes what KFC is to home made fried chicken.

Just thought I would a redistibute la merde. You are welcome and I really like Brit bikes and Gin.

mike r
Yeah, put me at five.
+1

Originally Posted by KFWA
Bikes are kinda like guns

There are enough varieties out there that you can justify getting a different kind ...and if you're lucky enough, at the same time.
Yep..

I've had a bunch. Started out with Suzuki in '68 - then two Triumph Trident 750s, then a Suzuki GS110L, then two Kawasaki Voyagers (the big 6-cyl ones - the second one I drove for 18 years) then finally to HD (now on the 6th since '05)

When you're young, bikes like those can be ridden easily. but when a rider gets older (read: stiffer) they're just simply not comfortable enough to stay on for more than a few miles, which is why those big baggers become so inviting.

I just came back from the rally with about 1500 miles put on the Ultra Classic. I can ride that bike for 600 miles/day and not have to be pried off the seat and placed in a Jacuzzi to recuperate..

Nice to see a helluva lotta women riding solo there too. And they're not on just Dynas or Sportsters either - many are riding full baggers and handling 'em just fine.. Female riders are becoming a larger segment of the bike family and IMHO that's a good thing..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,073 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,871
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.