Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Since almost every other conceivable subject has been covered, perhaps some of our Campfire members can give this man some advice on what firearm and/or ammo to use the next time he faces an armadillo!:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/texas-man-shoots-armadillo-gets-hit-face-bullet-214656503.html

Texas man shoots armadillo, gets hit in face by bullet ricochet
By Lisa Maria Garza | Reuters – 6 hours ago

DALLAS (Reuters) - An East Texas man was wounded after he fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard and the bullet ricocheted back to hit him in his face, the county sheriff said on Friday.

Cass County Sheriff Larry Rowe said the man, who was not identified, went outside his home in Marietta, southwest of Texarkana, at around 3 a.m. on Thursday morning. He spotted the armadillo on his property and opened fire.

"His wife was in the house. He went outside and took his .38 revolver and shot three times at the armadillo," Rowe said.

The animal's hard shell deflected at least one of three bullets, which then struck the man's jaw, he said.

The man was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut, according to Rowe.

The status of the animal is unknown.

"We didn't find the armadillo," the sheriff said.

(Editing by Jon Herskovitz and Sandra Maler)

Last edited by msquared; 07/31/15.
GB1

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A baseball bat works well. Seriously.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've killed a mountain of them with a 22 rimfire. Never had one deflect a bullet.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by TheKid
I've killed a mountain of them with a 22 rimfire. Never had one deflect a bullet.

Exactly! That bullet didn't deflect from the armadillo.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

As have I. The results are more spectacular with a .22 mag though. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sounds like a reason to build a custom. Not many can claim to have a custom built armadillo rifle. Maybe a center-fire equivalent to the .22 mag.

Last edited by doubletap; 07/31/15.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
22 super colibri all the time here, and if not that, cci sub sonic pre frag ammo if they ever make the stuff agian, through a can...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by msquared
Since almost every other conceivable subject has been covered, perhaps some of our Campfire members can give this man some advice on what firearm and/or ammo to use the next time he faces an armadillo!:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/texas-man-shoots-armadillo-gets-hit-face-bullet-214656503.html

Texas man shoots armadillo, gets hit in face by bullet ricochet
By Lisa Maria Garza | Reuters – 6 hours ago

DALLAS (Reuters) - An East Texas man was wounded after he fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard and the bullet ricocheted back to hit him in his face, the county sheriff said on Friday.

Cass County Sheriff Larry Rowe said the man, who was not identified, went outside his home in Marietta, southwest of Texarkana, at around 3 a.m. on Thursday morning. He spotted the armadillo on his property and opened fire.

"His wife was in the house. He went outside and took his .38 revolver and shot three times at the armadillo," Rowe said.

The animal's hard shell deflected at least one of three bullets, which then struck the man's jaw, he said.

The man was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut, according to Rowe.

The status of the animal is unknown.

"We didn't find the armadillo," the sheriff said.

(Editing by Jon Herskovitz and Sandra Maler)

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
These Texas armadillos are tough. A 45-70 is about right. Seriously, a 40-65 with a 248 grain cast flat nosed bullet or a 58 Hawken and a .570 round ball will turn one into a red mist. Don't shoot one too close to your pickup truck, as the mist is very hard to wash off he paint.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife shot him in the jaw, possibly?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I have only shot one armadillo, which was charging my hunting partner after being wounded by a .22 Long Rifle bullet in the wrong place. My .22 MAGNUM stopped the charge cold.

The best advice I've ever heard about armadillos came from an old friend who was a lifelong hunting and fishing guide in Florida: "Some people say armadilla tastes like chicken, but the longer you chew it the more it tastes like armadilla."

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are the pop tarts of the animal kingdom once they collide with a fast moving piece of metal, or.......a tire!

Think I'd pass on the plate of leprosy!

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I can tell you a .22 Hornet cracks 'em open pretty well. smile

Anybody know why the Armadillo crossed the road?

To show the 'possum it could be done smile

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

The best advice I've ever heard about armadillos came from an old friend who was a lifelong hunting and fishing guide in Florida: "Some people say armadilla tastes like chicken, but the longer you chew it the more it tastes like armadilla."

Now, that's FUNNY!!!

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 4winds

Yeah, you have to wonder what he was doing running around with a .38 at 3 a.m.!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My custom armidillo rifle is a sako vixen action in 5.7mm 26" helical fluted hbar, night force scope with laster and fliradapter.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

[Linked Image]

Now that's Fing funny, Flave

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by msquared
Originally Posted by 4winds

Yeah, you have to wonder what he was doing running around with a .38 at 3 a.m.!

I can tell you probably why he was up at 3 a.m. chasing an armadillo, I've BTDT. I used to have a bloodhound. When he was upset, this half of the county knew about. More than once he would go crazy after an armadillo in the middle of the night. The only solution was a dead armadillo!!

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No mystery to being up at 3 a.m. after an armadillo. When an armadillo is destroying a yard one does what needs doing. BTDT here also.... Thinking the bullet did not bounce off an armadillo though....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (17Fan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,319
Posts18,487,362
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.