Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You think our children will be the last generation to hunt?

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
as wide-spread as we know it and legally...Most probable!

Great topic btw.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hunting is more popular than it is unpopular.

We just hear from the very vocal left-wing idiots. They scream, cry, threaten and harass louder than we do.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Think about it... how many MULTI-MILLIONS of hunters (aka "voters") are in the USA?

I doubt that any savvy politician wants to P.O. that many potential votes.

That said... I believe hunting will go on for a very long time if you add the FACT that those "purdy" deer all the non-hunters seem to love to see are potentially "varmints" to those home-owners who's expensive landscaping is destroyed by these night-raiding "thieves" (aka "deer") who over-populate the ability of suburban food lots to product sufficient Winter and early Spring food... and then, the deer will eat almost ANYTHING to keep from starving-to-death in the Winter and early Spring.

Without hunters, this scenario would be "THE" scenario in most semi-suburban and suburban areas in the USA.

While firearms usually can't be used in these areas, bows and cross-bows CAN legally be use and are very effective on deer sized game.

Even anti-hunters finally get frustrated and tired of "Bambi & friends" eating up their expensive landscaping and begin thinking "murderous" thoughts. grin

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I believe the price of good hunting will go way up... Public lands will get real crowded and the quality of game to the"average" sportsman will go down but hunting will continue. They still hunt in England and France , it just looks a lot different then we are used to.

IC B2

P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I know the generation in which my children (ages 20 and 25) belong is trying to reclaim the things that matter. Family traditions and values seem to be very important to them. Hunting, shooting, fishing, camping, and other outdoor sports and pastimes are the things they enjoy the most. They also seem to be of a very conservative/libertarian bent and are quite politically active. If they continue to pass those ideas along, I think hunting will continue indefinitely.

Besides, if society continues down the path that it is on, hunting will be only way to stay alive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff

You need to step back from the Internet and news media for a while,

You'll find your center again.

Gloom and Doom, Gloom and Doom.

I've been at the Range last 3 weekends, all ranges and sporting clays are busy as hell.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Hunting is more popular than it is unpopular.

We just hear from the very vocal left-wing idiots. They scream, cry, threaten and harass louder than we do.

Aren't that many queers, but they sure got their agenda addressed.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by wyoming260
I believe the price of good hunting will go way up... Public lands will get real crowded and the quality of game to the"average" sportsman will go down but hunting will continue. They still hunt in England and France , it just looks a lot different then we are used to.

The damn crossbows are going to put an end to the last good public land deer hunting here, outside of the limited draw managed hunts.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff

No.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have three grandchildren, all boys, and only one has expressed an interest in hunting. Of course the Mom's have a lot to do with their way of thinking. Like stepping on eggshells!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kenneth

I've been at the Range last 3 weekends, all ranges and sporting clays are busy as hell.

Yeah but they're all shooting at people targets and black clays!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Barkoff, as far as you and I go (being Californians)....we're f_u_c_k_e_d.

Proud NRA Life Member
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by barnold1

The damn crossbows are going to put an end to the last good public land deer hunting here, outside of the limited draw managed hunts.

Why is that?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Hunting will be for the super rich...or the super poor. The middle class will be excluded. Access will be the deciding factor.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Some of us are genetically programmed and will hunt if we want. If the rules make it prohibitive that may make the process more challenging and interesting.

A hunter will hunt, how where and what he hunts may change.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hunting is actually becoming hipster.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by barnold1

Explain?

DIvision is usually what puts the end to most things... so the foes can divide and conquer

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have said for awhile,in the blue areas of our country the Dems are going to make it an expensive hobby.They will never fully take away anything,but it will become a rich mans game.
Just look at what Cuomo has done with the SAFE-ACT.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Yeah but they're all shooting at people targets and black clays!!

ranges are busy here because there is no other place to shoot. they shoot for a fee. get it?

i couldn't let this thread get by without throwing a wet, green log on the fire to help create a little smoke.

costs for the average working man is becoming impactive. loss of habitat, that is, of huntable land has been an issue and will continue to be one. just what percentage of the population should be allowed to hunt productively?

on the other hand, let Lyme disease or similar rear it's dirty little head in the suburbs, and see what the soccer mom's have to say if their little Suzy is at risk of disease from a deer carrier.

hunting has to be perceived as benefiting the public, otherwise it's dead in the water, but still afloat.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,524
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.