I put this here for the benefit of those who have problems finding a place to store photos or who want more versatility.

Does your ISP give you space for webpage? If so, you have photo storage that can be linked to Campfire and other boards. Plus, it'll hold anything else you want to put there for public access...music, WORD files, spreadsheet files, etc. The only limit is how much space you're allotted. You can also upload enlarged, high resolution photos if you have enough space. If you're allotted 10mb, a 25mb TIFF file will overload it. It's easier than emailing very large files as all you do is upload, then email the address. The recipient can then download it.

You have to do all of your photo editing and resizing in advance because this is just storage, nothing more. But, there will be no ads, no spam, or anything else. It's your space to use as you wish.

You will need an FTP program (file transfer protocol) to do the uploading. Google 'free ftp' and you will find a number of free ones that you can download. Here's one that's recommended by CNET: COFFEECUP . I'm using one called FTP Explorer (FTPX.com). When I downloaded it, it was free but they charge for it now. It's been a good one, though. Even shareware FTP's aren't very expensive, usually in the $20 to $25 range.

An FTP will take some learning to figure out how to use it, and you'll probably have to contact your ISP to find out the correct settings, but once you do it, it'll be fast and easy. Linking photos is normally easier than the commercial sites like Photobucket, etc. Simply open your photo, copy the address, and paste it in your post. The FTP can be used to upload, rename, delete, etc. It can also be used to download but I don't know what the advange would be in that. When you use IE, Firefox, or most other browsers to download, it uses it's own built-in ftp automatically.

Some ISP's already have an FTP in place for your use. You'll have to contact them about it to find out.

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.