Have Dog

Will Travel

GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Wageslave, I don't think they are swooning with you.

Just sayin'

laugh

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
faint = suprise

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ok.
How bout spoon?

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Wageslave, I don't think they are swooning with you.

Just sayin'

laugh

You just crushed his delicate ego.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

woodie hurt my woodie.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
John,

As discussed on our phone conversations, and text's, nothing to be found here. I looked again today and still nothing. \

I sure hope that someone locates your belongings. I know how it is to lose stuff on these gatherings. It stinks ! Jeff H.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks folks! I appreciate that assist on this one.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jon - sorry to hear about the missing stuff. Maddy and I have been traveling since last weekend - have not been on here since Friday - just read about your bag and gear.

Earlier last week, I posted a note about the things we found left behind. Mark and I did some cleaning up of the camp area on Sunday afternoon after the canopy was taken down and after most had left and did not see your bag at that time. We went back there later in the day as Ben was packing up and did a final sweep. Other than Blue's and Brian's setups, all we found and moved were trash bags. It looks as though your stuff left with someone.

If we can muster the screen names of all who attended, let's get a PM to all and see if we can solve this,

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just now read the stuff posted by/about Miss Lynn since last Friday and then found this PM from the person - sent here yesterday.

It seems that KRP has declared war on something I put to bed yesterday in the Quemado thread. Milespatton read and understood what I said, and said no more, Mudhen made a joke about editing his pictures in future, and said no more. KRP read it, and with chest puffed out and the walk of a rooster declared war in your name, even though it was done, finished, over, for me. I will finish it again if need be, and it will not be pretty, by any means. If you care to end this subject once and for all, I am currently at 450 807 3972. Lynn

I do not know this person or even know if it is a man or woman, and merely have commented or replied regarding her/his posts on our thread.

ML's PM seems amusing, but maybe it is not. Can anyone advise what ML means by "finish it again" and "it will not be pretty"? (Not that one would expect "pretty" in this case). Then, not having realized that "it" was "finished" at any point earlier (or that "it" was ever even started) it is difficult to consider the concept of "finishing" it yet again. Confusing, isn't it?

And, ML is talking there about some fine folks in that PM and apparently trying to drag some or all of them into the drama of his/her hissy fit. Consequently, can't think of a single reason to call that phone number. Can you?

Sage advice appreciated,

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ignore it. Not worth the time and effort.

Ben

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Hi Guys,
Seeing all the great pics causes me a little pain, but am glad to know it was such a great time. tex_n_cal and I just couldn't do it, for the first time, and its kind of a downer, but am glad the thing turned out so well.

I really have to see the elk next year . . . .

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Funny chit is everything I said went right over her head.

Your initial teasing of 'maybe' got her all spooled up.

A couple years ago she was a big part of the Quemado group PM and planning to come, seperately safariman was also. I pretty much can tell when someone is just really wanting to come but won't make it. Those two I knew wouldn't. But of course the PM was a large part about them with regulars trying to help them with logistics.

All fine and good.

Paul's comment was teasing.

Miss Lynn has some kind of chip on her shoulder.

I don't do group PMs anymore because of drama queens. Keep it all out in the open.

And this is why.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jon, I looked over my stuff and as expected, I do not have you bag. I did not really see how that I could have ended up with it, but did a good search anyway. I do hope that it shows up somewhere.

I am slowly getting better, but still do not know the problem. Best guess is a pulled muscle somewhere around my groin area. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
Ignore it. Not worth the time and effort.

Ben

Yep.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Well I can't wait for next year to roll around!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by labarr
Hi Guys,
Seeing all the great pics causes me a little pain, but am glad to know it was such a great time. tex_n_cal and I just couldn't do it, for the first time, and its kind of a downer, but am glad the thing turned out so well.

I really have to see the elk next year . . . .

I'm in the same boat as far as attendance. But....... last year, when you,Patrick, and I WERE there, I saw a big bunch of elk just past Paul's house as I was leaving.

Now..... the question is...... which one of the three of us smell funny to the elk?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
wageslave, I'm deeply hurt that any 'fire member would spend time in our little burg, and NOT contact me!

smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As far as Jon's missing bag :

He didn't know of anything missing when he left camp.

He can't be sure WHERE he placed the bag in his vehicle if he DID have it when he left.

If it was placed in a spot easily accessible from outside the vehicle..... and IF he stopped ANYWHERE on his way home a thief could have grabbed it.

BUT...... Paul is at an age where he COULD be mistaken about the items left that he picked up.

I KNOW. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by CCCC

Sage advice appreciated,

Having held the high positions you have held in the career world, I would doubt you would want sage advice from anyone here. But here goes, when you are down on your knees with your prayer group pray for each other, for guidance in being Christians. I do this each day for myself, but that is because I have a long way to go, and I am after all only human.

You folks and your friends clearly have more to hash out and opinionate about me, my life, my reason for doing or not doing things, so I will let you get on with it. May God Bless you all with strength and guide you all in this growing endeavour.

As for finishing it, I am.

Page 36 of 39 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,082
Posts18,521,831
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.