Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Orville Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Hi new to the forum and have a new bushmaster ORC carbine with Telestock. Has anyone here shot a deer with a 55 grain Vmax? I was going to take a deer this year and wondered if these would work. My bushmaster shoots them pretty good about 2 inches at 100 meters. It does not shoot other heavier bullets as well. I have a Buris E1 3x9x40 in a buris pepper mount on it. Is this a good choice?

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
55 is not a heavy bullet.

Vmax is a varmint bullet. I personally would not use them, I"d use moer along the lines of a partition, 63 semi point, or my personal choice typically being a TTSX of whatever weight works.

That being said I"ve shot enough with 75 bthp match bullets that they work fine too, BUT They are thicker skinned.

IF this is what you are going to use, and 2 inches at 100 yards is not imho an accurate load, but its sufficient for 100 yards easily, then make sure you stay off bone on the entry and expect the possibility of a huge exit hole and severe damage to whatever it hits, assuming it has the ability to penetrate far enough into the body, before disintegrating.

Hopefully someone will chime in thats actually shot em though.

What twist barrel do you have?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Or you could buy a 30-30 to deer hunt with.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Orville
Hi new to the forum and have a new bushmaster ORC carbine with Telestock. Has anyone here shot a deer with a 55 grain Vmax? I was going to take a deer this year and wondered if these would work. My bushmaster shoots them pretty good about 2 inches at 100 meters. It does not shoot other heavier bullets as well. I have a Buris E1 3x9x40 in a buris pepper mount on it. Is this a good choice?

Are you a sock puppet?

I can't imagine you would consider this even remotely appropriate for deer. Having worked in a game processing plan I've seen similar bullets splash on the ribs. They leave a real mess.

Do yourself a favor, and use a real bullet like the 60gr Nosler Partition.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It remains a Fascinating constant,that them who "do" the LEAST...Whine the MOST. Bless your hearts?!?

Now despite the copious Imagination and Pretend fabricated to the contrary,55gr 'Max's ain't Venison Feel Good Spray. Hint. Read that again. Now one more time...you STUPID Fhuqks. Re-hint.

While the .224" 55gr 'Max is hardly my staple,I've assuredly shot 1000's and 1000's of 'em,despite their not being anywhere near my favorite polymer tipped offering by said Manufacturer(or any other). Though in fairness,bushels of heartbeats have been stopped with their 40,50,55 and 60 versions. That in bolt,gas and lever guns(BLR's in 223 and 22-250),as I've watched the Show,in THE flesh. Re-re-re-hint.

The .224" 60 NPT is a piece of steaming schit and a fhuqking joke at best. Would LOVE to hear a Whining Kchunt proffer,that I've not suffered them in the firsthand. PLEASE!?!. Laughing!

PRETEND that you savvy the picture. Laughing! Then cite the 60NPT. Re-Laughing!!! Then add a pic that's "your's" to the fray,fueled with same. Re-re-Laughing! or perhaps animate an avatar,to keep it "real".

[Linked Image]

I'm fhuqking crying....I'm laughing sooooooooooooooooo hard.

Now if only to offer the OBVIOUS inklings,regarding mechanical integrity,the Bushy ORC is more than a "touch" compromised in it's issued guise. It's handguard is a POS Delta arrangement and it's Carbine gas,a heavy concession. Those irrefutable constants,are farrrrrrrrrrr heavier maladies in POA/POI Tag Punchings,than the cited ammo nudge. Re-re-re-re-Hint.

I'll feign my "surprise",that noone will be able to submit "bad" 55gr V-Max Terminal Affects Pics in the firsthand,as applied to Venison,despite "all" the "experience" with same.

You Do Nothing Kchunts never don't not deliver.

"Congratulations"?!?

Laughing!

WOW +P+++..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Boxer never doesn't make tears flow from my eyes.

Too fugkin' funny.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Every time I read a post by Big Stick it warms my heart.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You'd have to be an azzhole of the first order if you keep coming back under different names like your brother Larry Root, and just troll...

Waste of oxygen.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wareagle700
Every time I read a post by Big Stick it warms my heart.

It is the same post......over and over and over and over.....hint....re-hint +p

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

BS insults someone or something
Someone takes the bait
BS calls everyone "she" "her" or "princess"
Insert "......................."
Sentence with a double negative
"Do nothing gang"
"Pry yourself off the couch"
"I make a lot of money"
Insert "................"
Sentence with a triple negative
Pictures of fish
Pictures of bears
"She" "Her" "Princess"
Insert "................."
Pictures of dead trees
Pictures of bullets
"Make fun of where you live"
Video of dropping and / or throwing stuff
"COAL"
"Hint"
Pictures of a submerged Kimber
Pictures of a camera
Insert "..................."
Congratulations

Repeat as necessary.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Boxer never doesn't make tears flow from my eyes.

Too fugkin' funny.

Travis

And he knows his [bleep] to boot. I dig the entertainment and facts. Never been offended either.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only thing more entertaining that BS (irony) rambling is the line of dudes waiting to cup his balls for him.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Orville

Orrville, I definetely would not use 55g VMAX for deer, way too explosive and are designed to blow up on impact. If all else at least use a soft point bullet, my choice would be a 60gr Partition or a TSX 53,55,60.

Fück Joe byron
O
Orville Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
O
who is larry root? Why would anyone insult someone's gun that is brand new?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'flave,

It helps to say things purty,so it sticks.

Prolly a pun there and it be intended..............

'iggle,

Being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,ain't nearly as "bad" as it sounds......................(grin)

'495,

Cheer up,you gawddamned nearly almost used the boolit you felt compelled to fhuqking Whine about.

It's always compelling "testimony",when you wax eloquent on all the things you almost did,all the things you nearly did 'em with and all the places you nearly did 'em.

Please do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.....................

'luvr,

Facts only offend Drooling Dumbfhuqks,because Reality reliably collides with Fantasy and makes their Imagination and it's Pretend sting...which is one of Life's curious constants.

And more than a bit handy to remember.

Laughing!....................

'dreaux,

Bitchin' avatar,sweet plagiarized pic and you were fhuqking NEARLY brazen enough to say sumptin' about boolits...but even someone as fhuqking amazingly STUPID as you,KNOWS better than to try. I wonder why that is?!? Bless your heart. Congratulations?!?

If I take the time to tickle the ivories,you'll sure as schit wanna take notes and apply same,as it will help your game. Hint. Read that again slowly. Now one more time. Re-hint.

Your insecurities are amazingly wellfounded and folks who "do" and "know" as "much" as you,are always going to be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Here's to the perpetual hilarity of you doing your "best" and your being fhuqking stupid enough to "think" that nothing,is "something".

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can afford to contribute.

You go girl!

I got to laughing soooooooo fhuqking hard,that I nearly forgot pics. 50gr V-Max insertion ala 22-250AI form load. I never can remember and with "all" that you "do",perhaps you can help? Is Woofs wired together as good as Venison? Laughing!

[Linked Image]

32gr V-Max at 3400fps+ K-Hornet Launch. Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

Please spare NO "particulars" on "all" that you "do".

Laughing!.....................

'2506,

How many 55's have you "blown up" out of a 16" Krunchenticker? If only to cheer you up and bolster your Imagination and it's Pretend,I've inserted same into Venison via 4200fps launch ala 26" 22CHeetah. We in da' bidness call that,a not so fhuqking subtle hint. Hint.

You Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqks and your Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkery are a hoot!

"Definetely" Laughing!

Wow +P++!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I remeber the good old days of the law allowing me the option of involuntary committals. Off to the Nut-Hut.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LAPM

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You have got to be the stupidest sumbich on here.

Fück Joe byron
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Big Stick, u have got to be the stupidest sumbich on here. Anyone with 37000+ posts would not have time to do any hunting other than on the internet. Its easy to look up pics and put them on here.

Fück Joe byron
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (007FJ, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,918
Posts18,479,669
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.