Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looking for a used pickup.

Holy fugging schit even used trucks are high.

Seems the Titans are less than fullsize Dodge, Chevy and Ford.

4x4

Any opinions?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

I like mine

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
From what I have heard they are great trucks, but a little on the thirsty side. One guy traded his in with 230,000 miles on it. He traded for a Chevy for the claimed mileage.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Mine got 15.5 mpg last fill up and hasn't left town. Winter gas puts me in the 13.5ish mpg range.

Mine has had Uprev ran on it and it has much horsepower.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have a 2006 I bought new. Getting same mileage as BC. I have replaced a battery, 4 tires and a clamp for the transmission line so far, that is all.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think they started with lots of flaws (such as exhaust manifolds, front & rear differentials, radiator, axle seals) that they should have stepped up and recalled, instead of either sticking it to customers or waiting to fold under class action lawsuits. I had way too many issues from after warranty expired until about 120k, then it quit giving me grief. Now over 275k.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My buddy has a 2006??? He bought new. He loves that truck, hauls fairly heavy loaded trailers full of his off road toys with it. No issues that weren't self induced.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Got a 2006. Gets about 15mpg around town, 16.5 or 17 out on highway with cruise on. No major complaints, had a few minor issues. I like it and would recommend it, but dont love it. when I buy a new truck in a year or two, it will be a F150.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
my son in law has one about 170k on it now, 4x4. It's too low to the ground for what i call effective 4x4. It also likes to suck gas. It has been a reliabable truck, i don't think he has changed the brakes on it yet.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a 2005 CC 4x4 LE, lunched the rear diff at 105,000, installed tru-trac.. Lunched the front diff at 130,000, a $5 part literally cost me $1400.. 10 years and 150,000 miles, and $2300 total in repairs on top of normal maintenence.

Still a great truck, awesome motor, tons of room, gobs of power, but thirsty whdn you have a heavy foot. Trim hasn't fallen apart, literally like new, drives great off and on the pavement.

I would buy one in good condition, but with the upgrade on the front diff.. I forgot when they put that in.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My best friend drives one. His is strong and has a good ride. It gets lousy gas mileage. His has been in the shop so much I don't understand why he keeps it. Don't know if it is unskilled mechanics or what, but it runs hot and has constant electrical problems. Lots of AC problems. Intake manifold warped. He said he won't buy one next time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by barnold1
I think they started with lots of flaws (such as exhaust manifolds, front & rear differentials, radiator, axle seals) that they should have stepped up and recalled, instead of either sticking it to customers or waiting to fold under class action lawsuits. I had way too many issues from after warranty expired until about 120k, then it quit giving me grief. Now over 275k.

I've heard about the rear differentials being bad on them.

I don't know much about them - I do know that Nissan is getting pinged for not updating the truck or otherwise improving it . It was rated as one of the top worst vehicles to buy in 2015 - not because it was junk but because you were buying a truck that was obsolete compared to the advances in other models on the market.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree on that.. They are supposed to be doing an upgrade, next year I believe.

That being said, I'm presently looking at Tundras.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Poorly engineered from the Get go. Have poor Quality control as well.

WHen they first came out the differentials and transmissions were almost all [bleep] up. People took them to the dealer and the dealer had no answers. That is a testament to how poor their engineering is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know about that..

The engine and transmission are superior.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by barnold1

I've heard about the rear differentials being bad on them.

I don't know much about them - I do know that Nissan is getting pinged for not updating the truck or otherwise improving it . It was rated as one of the top worst vehicles to buy in 2015 - not because it was junk but because you were buying a truck that was obsolete compared to the advances in other models on the market.

Some of the older truck designs are more "truck-like"
Not to sure if that is a bad thing. Depends on where you want to take it and what you want to do with it.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I don't know about that..

The engine and transmission are superior.

They finally got it right on the newer models and now it is redesigned.

A guy at our Gun Club bought one of the very first ones and had issues with it as described. Rear and Tranny problems.

FWIW consumer affairs

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't put much stock in those websites, for obvious reasons.

It's like the campfire, only reason most go on there is to bitch and moan.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by KFWA
[quote=barnold1]I don't know much about them - I do know that Nissan is getting pinged for not updating the truck or otherwise improving it . It was rated as one of the top worst vehicles to buy in 2015 - not because it was junk but because you were buying a truck that was obsolete compared to the advances in other models on the market.

Nissan was working on a joint venture to rebadge the RAM 1500 as a Titan prior to Fiat taking over - so they would've had a new truck out several years ago had that not fallen apart.

Yes, the Titan is outdated but dealers are cutting huge deals on them because of their piss-poor sales and the new XD coming out next year. I've seen CCSB Pro-4X loaded to the gills in the $35-37k range NEW...equivalent F150s, Tundras, etc are ~10k more.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have no experience with them but have a cousin on his second and swears by them. If there is a redesign I'm sure he will have a third one.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.