Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Believe 60% of R women do.

Every bleeder democrat I've spoken to likes him.

You're the only exception.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
A serial buyer of politicians who's now claiming he can't be bought? Are you shiffing me?

If Sheldon Adelson would dangle 50 million in front of Trump to do his bidding Trump would laugh at him. The others would be jumping at it like a bunch of starving Ethiopians grabbing for a piece of bread.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Trump's supporters are a fickle bunch I suspect.

They're going to tolerate a level of bullshit from him because he gets a pass at not being a career politician - and with that comes the ability to be politically incorrect and to some extent, uninformed on "in the weeds" details about foreign heads of state, trade agreements, constitutional law, etc

but the one thing that would sink Trump is the first time he takes a position that appears to be solely self serving and not in the interest of the American people.

I think in the back of everyone's minds, that's that biggest fear of Trump - waiting for the moment when they are convinced he isn't running for president based on some altruistic idea and its all about Trump industries.

As long as he avoids that, I think he can ride the apathy and distaste Americans have for career politicians all the way to the RNC.

The good news is that the democrats seems just as fed up with their side as the conservatives are with ours.

That works in Trump's favor.

The biggest challenge that candidates have in dealing with Trump is their inability to get up on a stage or stump and talk about how he is just talking horseshit and really can't deliver on what he is promising. Even a career politician asshat like Lindsay Graham doesn't have the balls to do that.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/19/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Trump supporters are those who haven't figured out that it's a good idea to listen to the rhetoric then verify if it's the truth.
Trump is a self-interested switch-hitter, period. A serial buyer of politicians who's now claiming he can't be bought? Are you shiffing me?

You're right; smarter to get behind one of the very same politicians who've been screwing us w/o lube for so many years.

I have faith in no man; but the Donald seems to me to be the least of all bad options right now. If for no other reason than entertainment, which is all that politics are really good for anymore.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pat85
A serial buyer of politicians who's now claiming he can't be bought? Are you shiffing me?

If Sheldon Adelson would dangle 50 million in front of Trump to do his bidding Trump would laugh at him. The others would be jumping at it like a bunch of starving Ethiopians grabbing for a piece of bread.

We certainly don't need another liberal in the White House, and Trump may be our best chance, but it is quite ironic that the founders designed the American system of democracy in order that people like him not be elected.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think Trump's strongest move is to just keep reminding the American people how worthless politicians really are.

Not just in general but calling them out by name.

One more thing I'll add - Trump is a CEO - and as a CEO, they look at a V.P. much differently than a politician. They don't see a V.P. as someone who they had to take on to finish out the ticket.

Whoever is the V.P. for Trump is going to be putting in some serious work because I bet dollars to donuts he's going to delegate authority and solicit advice from a V.P. - especially someone who can council him on navigating thru Washington Bureaucracy.

Plus, I doubt Trump is going to give cabinet positions and plum government jobs to friends and people he owes favors to. He'll see this as a business where you get the best people for the job regardless of where they are or who they currently work for. If a democrat liberal is the best person to run an organization (I can't really think of one but you get the idea) - he'll reach out to that person and will not care who objects.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/19/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Anyone who doesn't know Trump is high on himself and in it to get ahead is stupid.

But really, who cares? How exactly would that set him apart from any other candidate?

And if the others did break political vacuous sound byte speak long enough to challenge him the way you suggest they can't, how would THAT make him any different than them? At least he bluntly says what he seems to want us to think he believes rather than mammy-pamsy limp wristed mock offended pu$$y speaking like career politicians.

I am a supporter of his to the extent that he keeps telling the established DC-item to sit & spin. He keeps that up and I'll keep feeling positive, even WHEN his policies aren't what I agree with. I'm over politics beyond the fun factor of Fantasy Football-style strategy-watching and such.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Anyone who doesn't know Trump is high on himself and in it to get ahead is stupid.

But really, who cares? How exactly would that set him apart from any other candidate?

And if the others did break political vacuous sound byte speak long enough to challenge him the way you suggest they can't, how would THAT make him any different than them? At least he bluntly says what he seems to want us to think he believes rather than mammy-pamsy limp wristed mock offended pu$$y speaking like career politicians.

I am a supporter of his to the extent that he keeps telling the established DC-item to sit & spin. He keeps that up and I'll keep feeling positive, even WHEN his policies aren't what I agree with. I'm over politics beyond the fun factor of Fantasy Football-style strategy-watching and such.

its more about just not differentiating what is good for Trump and what is good for the American people.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA

its more about just not differentiating what is good for Trump and what is good for the American people.

This is where I am a huge fan of Trump. Any good manager knows that the only way to be successful is for your people to be successful.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Trump has tapped into a fierce and angry energy source. Built a big and badly needed bonfire.
But he is a messenger carrying a lot of baggage. So far he does not seem to handle criticism very well. I suspect he has always been surrounded by yes-men.
Right now he is enjoying riding at the head in the biggest parade of his life.
But there is a bumpy road ahead and his ass may get very weary.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 08/20/15.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dave7mm
The best part of the Republican party ran down Barry Goldwaters leg in 1963.Cept for Reagan .
Ever since then its all about sucking chi-com itcho.Started with trickie dickie and has escalated since then.
60,000 Manufacturing plants closed just since they passed NAFTA.
Free trade is part of the Republican party platform.
All so they can get a higher stock price for there corporate masters.
Trump is the only one I hear talking about how bad that is for the country.And that just doesnt fit with the Republican party platform.
Any political party thats done that much damage to our country needs to go away.
dave

Originally Posted by dave7mm
Not a polished speaker at all.
Sometimes almost hard to listen to.
Especially when he starts on the "I run a great brand/company"
Still the guy.
If for no other reason than he cant be owned.
dave

The paultard and Cruz have zero chance of winning anything.
Alot of what im reading right now reminds me of Reagans runup.
B list actor.An actor really?
Reagan turned out pretty well.
All these other suckers from both parties are bought and paid for.They dont even talk about real problems.Paid not to.
Not a problem for Trump.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Trump is the smartest guy in the race. All this crap about him not taking criticism or being to self promoting fails to see just how damned smart the guy is.

When challenged, he attacks. It isn't being thin skinned, it is taking the initiative. The best defense is a good offense. He never retreats. When threatened, he immediately attacks and wrong foots the attacker. It works brilliantly. Trump never goes in the defensive. There are never days of headlines with the media making fun of Trump and him looking like an idiot. Think of Rick Perry last time around. No, Trump attacks and instead the headlines become about what a dick Trump is and so on and so forth. But he never looks weak or inept.

The same with the endless crap about running a great company and so on and so forth. It is branding. He isn't going to let you forget that he is successful.

If you're not old enough to have figured it out by now, the self promoters ARE the ones who get ahead in this world. Every politician on the debate stage from either party was that ass kissing kid who sat on the front row, answered every question, and annoyingly was involved in every organization on campus and so on and so forth. But they all do their best to try to appear humble and forthright when WE ALL KNOW who they are and exactly what they are...well, at least those of us with a lick of sense.

Trump is a different kind of promoter. He is a carnival barker. And a carnival barker never puts on the airs of false modesty. You know what he is and what he is about because he tells you. He doesn't try to hide it. He is proud of it.

So, as for me, I'm sick of these mealy mouthed ass kissing dick weasels who like to pretend they are something different. Give me the carnival barker. Neither one is the best choice, but any man who would be the best choice, has too much sense to get involved in politics.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The only candidate in the Republican Primary that I'm even somewhat supporting is the highly imperfect Rand Paul, but if he's not getting it, I'd like Trump to, if only because he seems to annoy all the right people. Not that I particularly like or trust him. He's also wrong on several of his positions, from my classical conservative perspective, if not dangerous, even. The establishment-backed candidates are even more so, however.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Esox357
So who is the Trump supporter, if not the conservative base? I’d argue it’s mostly disaffected moderates who no longer strictly identify with either party. They think the political system is rigged. They think politicians are corrupt.

This!
Many classical conservatives concur.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I don't trust Rand or Cruz and I trust the rest of the pack even less. Trump comes in after Rand and Cruz on the "trust" list, but at this point appears to have a much better shot at the nomination than either one of them.

It has gotten to the point that most of the career GOP dickweasels don't even bother lying to you about what they claim they're going to do for you if elected. Trump may well be lying, but most of the others aren't even bothering.
Good points.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump is a genuine LEADER!

Trump is energetic and enthusiastic.

That's whats best to be in front, a LEADER.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just think how good Warren Buffett would be!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Another thing about Trump. He is immune to ridicule. More than scandal more than anything else, the one thing that gets politicians is ridicule. Rick Perry was done last time around after one mental gaffe during a debate. Howard Dean was done after a moment of unfortunate exuberance after doing well in a primary. Why? Because they became objects of ridicule.

You can't make fun of Trump. Oh, you can but it rings hollow. You can make fun of his hair, but even Trump will make fun of his hair. He doesn't care. People try to make fun of him, but it just doesn't work. Why? Because he has built an empire worth $10 billion and he never fails to take the opportunity to tell you about it. How are you going to make fun of a guy with $10 billion dollars? You just can't. Or at least you can't make fun of him for being inept. He won't become an object of ridicule.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I suspect he has always been surrounded by yes-men.

I suspect, you suspect wrongly quite often.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Trump is a genuine LEADER!

Trump is energetic and enthusiastic.

That's whats best to be in front, a LEADER.

Sit down already.

Better yet, go look out your window for anyone in a Japanese car scouting to breach your property during hunting season.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (1lessdog, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1badf350, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 48 invisible), 3,319 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,731
Posts18,535,078
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.