-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Since somebody brought up breakfast cackleberries during a grumble 'bout gouging for ammo - let's jabber about $4 a dozen eggs.

eek

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Somehow, they're still $1.29 at Kwik Star.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This is what throwing up on your keyboard, looks like...

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
WyColoCowboy: I made note of the start of the 22 L.R. "shortage" - it began in October of 2,012 when it became apparent barrack hussein obama would be re-elected!
This shortage has NOT subsided since.
That was 35 months ago.
OR... going on three full years.
I agree with everything else you posted though.
I got up at zero dark thirty this morning to drive 90 miles (each way) through the Rocky Mountains to be first in line at a sporting goods stores annual Hunters Rendevous Sale.
I was able to purchase 1 (ONE!) of 4 "buckets" of Remington 22 L.R. H/P Golden Bullets - that bucket held 1,400 rounds of ammo and cost me $99.99!
I asked one of my travelmates who doesn't use 22 ammo to buy a 235 pack of Winchester 22 L.R. H/P's for me at $15.99.
So with this I have enough new ammo for 1/3 of next years Ground Squirrel season, for me.
Again I am quite certain that October of 2,012 was when the rimfire shortage began here in the west and northwest where I travel often and extensively.
By the way that Remington ammo today came out to 7.1 cents per round!
I cringed at that price but felt lucky to get it - those few buckets of ammo lasted maybe 2 minutes once the customers were let in.
NO 17 Mach2 ammo on hand at all.
Good supply of 17 HMR ammo though at $10.99 per 50 or $109.90 per 500 pack.
Some other 22 L.R. ammo was available but sold quickly.
I hope this shortage is over sometime during what is left of my lifetime - irregardless of WHEN it started.
I hope you can replenish the young mans ammo supply soon.
Sadly (for my peace of mind and for the Ground Squirrels!) several of my Varminting friends and acquaintances were reduced to Hunting them with non-hollowpoint 22 rimfire ammo of recent.
And that was not a pleasant situation!
But, they could only come up with round nose ammo or round nose standard velocity etc, etc, etc.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If it could type, this is how camel after-birth would express itself...

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Mule Deer: I "charge around Montana (and the west!)" for multiple reasons and while doing so I always check for rimfire ammo along the way.
I hope that's okay with you?
Make NO mistake the $115.00 on 22 ammo I spent was not all I shelled out there at the wonderful annual Hunters Rendevous!
I also purchased a spotting scope, some Ruger MK-II magazines, a Bushnell window mount, a Remington bolt action 22, an 8 pack of WONDERFUL fried chicken from the store there in Ennis... THEN we went to a couple of high end (upscale!) garage sales there where we really unleashed some bucks - but most of those items were non-gun related except for a new Leatherman tool I got for a pittance!
By the way three of us shared the gas for my family truckster (Chevy Malibu V-6 which gets 33 to 34 miles per gallon) so the fuel price was negligible - $5.00 or so for me.
Math is done - I will keep travellin and lookin its fun and stimulates the economy and the participants.
And by the way, by the way, my friend from Big Sheep Creek came by yesterday after church and saw my bucket'o ammo and offered me $25.00 more than I paid for it.
I told him I would think about it.
By the way, by the way, by the way was that ammo you FOUND on the internet hollow-point stuff?
I am only interested in hollow-points for my own use.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by avagadro

Now dat's a yummy looking breakfast! Typical 'Flave fare?

Oh yeah. Package of Jimmy Dean's sauseege. Bag of tater tots. Dozen eggs.

UBER.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dubePA
Since somebody brought up breakfast cackleberries during a grumble 'bout gouging for ammo - let's jabber about $4 a dozen eggs.

eek

I just wake up before the other campers and hit their coolers.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Just buy your kid an air rifle.
Kids don't need a 1022 to learn how to waste ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

I just wake up before the other campers and hit their coolers.
Travis

do you leave little raccoon paw prints on the cooler to throw them off your trail?

I've got 3 teenage growing boys who go through eggs like it's pop corn. on the plus side my kids eat healthy and are in great shape, on the minus side, eating healthy gets expensive! anyway back to the ammo thread.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by avagadro

Now dat's a yummy looking breakfast! Typical 'Flave fare?

Oh yeah. Package of Jimmy Dean's sauseege. Bag of tater tots. Dozen eggs.

UBER.

Travis

Mc'Flave?

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 66 invisible), 3,256 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,860
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.