Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
http://controversialtimes.com/issue...ar-15s-isnt-political-what-do-you-think/

Rumors that Walmart will discontinue sales of the popular AR-15 style modern sporting rifles have been confirmed by Kory Lundberg to Bearing Arms, the retail giant’s Senior Director for Corporate Communications. A sporting goods clerk at our local Walmart also confirmed the new policy and noted that they have already sold off their remaining rifles.

Lundberg promises the decision was not influenced by politics in any way, although many are dubious of that claim.

Along with the AR-15 style rifles, the company is also no longer carrying semi-automatic shotguns carrying seven rounds or more.

Instead, the company will expand their selection of air rifles as well as entry-level bolt action and lever-action rifles.

The company claims the move was purely a business decision but the choice to move to less popular rifles makes that claim seem spurious.

Walmart does say their remaining inventory of the soon to be discontinued rifles will be sold at closeout prices, with some internet denizens reporting scoring Bushmaster AR-15s for as little as $250.

Do you believe that Walmart made this move purely from a business point of view? Has ownership of the AR-15 rifle become so ubiquitous that there really are very few buyers in the marketplace?

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 08/25/15.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Currently the market if flooded with AR's.

There is no margins in them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
After almost seven years of crazed gun buying, I believe the chickens are finally coming home to roost and nobody has any money left for more guns. AR's were the first to go crazy price-wise and now it appears they are the first to hit the wall. Walmart is all about profits and they are dumping that which doesn't sell.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I believe them........ crazy

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
After almost seven years of crazed gun buying, I believe the chickens are finally coming home to roost and nobody has any money left for more guns. AR's were the first to go crazy price-wise and now it appears they are the first to hit the wall. Walmart is all about profits and they are dumping that which doesn't sell.

Wow.

We agree on something!!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Along with the AR-15 style rifles, the company is also no longer carrying semi-automatic shotguns carrying seven rounds or more.

Very coincidental, all extended-round semi auto's.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BS that is as bad as 0!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep. I'm going to Chinamart to get me one of them there fancy shooter's.

OK, a 22 for my kid or a shotgun for hunting on a limited budget, but who else is going there for the items they discontinued? So how many could they possibly sell. Walmart makes it on number of items they can buy to leverage the sellers down in price.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

Yep! And if that ain't anti- 2nd Amendment, I don't know what the hell is! mad

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
There must be an Executive Order comin' on 7 round magazines.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

No, they're not. I don't KNOW that they're getting out of these...but they said everything tactical. I went to four local Walmarts looking specifically for AR's. At one of the stores, I got to looking at other stuff. They had also blown out "tactical" 870's for $200. They had a spot where a Circuit Judge had been with the regular price sticker still there...$550. They had blown them out at $250. Maybe they will re-stock these, but they had the same clearance stickers on them that other stuff they are no longer stocking had.

Walmart sold AR's right through lots of shootings for the past couple of years. There has been no more adverse publicity for AR's specifically, than there normally is, of late. I'm guessing that we are seeing the collapse of the Obama-driven gun spike-finally. AR's are just the cutting edge. Walmart blows out anything that doesn't sell consistently.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Easy to understand why they cant sell any more of them , everybody in the country must have at least 5 of them. wink

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the quoted 250 price is stretching a little but I have seen Colts with a Pelican case and other goodies at 699.00
if I could get one for 250 I would have 5

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
Yep. I'm going to Chinamart to get me one of them there fancy shooter's.

OK, a 22 for my kid or a shotgun for hunting on a limited budget, but who else is going there for the items they discontinued? So how many could they possibly sell. Walmart makes it on number of items they can buy to leverage the sellers down in price.

If you are waiting till now you're too late. I've seen multiple pics from different locs of people buying 2-4 of the Colt 6920's at a time for $500 each. All these were from last week.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The two of the (2) 6920's on a receipt for $500 won't post and neither will the one with the 6920 marked $500 on the box from walmart with display hand written on it.

[Linked Image]

You snooze you lose I guess. Had them since last week, but the site is too big of a hassle to use at work (not the IT end since I hired the IT guy a few weeks ago) but he tracked how much traffic coming and going on this site and it's off the scale from the ads. Anyway maybe next time.

Last edited by NathanL; 08/25/15.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for posting that Nathan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I noticed the gun rack at my local Walmart was suddenly empty this past weekend. A couple pump shotguns and bolt guns were in there, but that's it. Probably had 15-18 long guns in there a few weeks back.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A stainless 10-22 for about $130. IIRC that's cheaper than they were when they were introduced back in the nineties.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Roooger American for less than $200!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I thought it was quite odd last Saturday when I noticed not a single interesting long gun in the rotary gun rack at the local Walmart. I usually find at least a few guns of interest in there.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
How and where do I find these walmarts??

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, 35, 41rem, 5 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.