Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The Polish government had a press conference today officially confirming its existence. They claim not to know what is on it, but they confirm the existence of a 100 meter long armored train and they estimate its value at least 1.2 billion Euros.

Regardless of what actual treasure is on that train, a 70 year old train that was parked and walked away from is a treasure in and of itself. The locomotive and the cars will be worth millions themselves. Everyday objects on the train could well be priceless today.

It may turn out to be another Al Capone's vault, but this could be the biggest archeological/historical find of the century.

GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thanks for update, JoeBob. I do not get to see much in the way of news here At the place!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
VERY cool! I can't wait to see what's on it. Sound like the discoverers got their deal. 10% of 1.2 Billion Euros + is a nice payday. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wonder how much of that stuff will walk off? Also wonder if the Jewish people and descendants that the loot was taken from will be considered. Going to be very interesting to hear about it.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The litigation to determine the rightful owners will go on way beyond my lifetime.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Update: Millions of euros worth of priceless artifacts were tossed in the garbage by two women assigned to "dust and tidy up" the train before inspectors arrived to inventory and evaluate the contents. "What's the big deal about all that old junk? I got furniture older than that in my apartment", responded one cleaning lady when asked about the mishap.

This is, after all, Poland...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to see pictures soon

An entire train hidden for 70 years.

last week in 15 foot of water a diver stumbled upon 4.5m in gold coins.

crazy that this stuff is out there still to be found.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/28/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'd like to see pictures soon

PM your cell number.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not those kinda pictures

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm going to wait and see what Megyn has to say.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Update: Millions of euros worth of priceless artifacts were tossed in the garbage by two women assigned to "dust and tidy up" the train before inspectors arrived to inventory and evaluate the contents. "What's the big deal about all that old junk? I got furniture older than that in my apartment", responded one cleaning lady when asked about the mishap.

Roflmao!!! now that's funny!

"You know how I hate midgets,,,,,, and antique furniture!!!!"

Founder

WS

J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
As cool as it is to find today, imagine how cool it would have been for someone to find it in 500 years or a 1,000 when much of the history and context had been forgotten or lost.

Allegedly a deathbed confession, and their not saying who made it, led to its discovery. Imagine carrying that secret for 70 years. And, of course, if someone actually kept it a secret for that long, odds are that there is something pretty dang valuable on it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

ABC is reporting that they think it could be booby trapped. So they sent in a cleaning lady to set them off?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
[quote=Jim in Idaho]Update: Millions of euros worth of priceless artifacts were tossed in the garbage by two women assigned to "dust and tidy up" the train before inspectors arrived to inventory and evaluate the contents. "What's the big deal about all that old junk? I got furniture older than that in my apartment", responded one cleaning lady when asked about the mishap.

ABC is reporting that they think it could be booby trapped. So they sent in a cleaning lady to set them off? [/quote]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are waiting for Geraldo to do a live exclusive on opening it up.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
All I can think of is SNL skit with Garrett Morris as cleaning lady with mop bucket cleaning up after Three Mile Island meltdown!!!

Founder

WS

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

ABC is reporting that they think it could be booby trapped. So they sent in a cleaning lady to set them off?

A highly trained Polish midget from Wisconsin - who was carrying a cell phone with only one number - Travis!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No way some cleaning lady threw out millions. Any of this story verified and true yet?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gold/jewels will, of course, be in excellent condition. The amount of moisture in that tunnel will determine the condition of any books/paintings/etc. Mold and mildew will be the enemy. I'm not at all familiar with Wehrmacht trains, but it would be jaw-dropping to see a rack of pristine Schmeisser MP40's on a carriage wall, maybe some Kar-98k's, etc.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The Polish government had a press conference today officially confirming its existence. They claim not to know what is on it, but they confirm the existence of a 100 meter long armored train and they estimate its value at least 1.2 billion Euros.

Regardless of what actual treasure is on that train, a 70 year old train that was parked and walked away from is a treasure in and of itself. The locomotive and the cars will be worth millions themselves. Everyday objects on the train could well be priceless today.

It may turn out to be another Al Capone's vault, but this could be the biggest archeological/historical find of the century.
I heard that Geraldo's on the way...

laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 45 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,397
Posts18,470,010
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.