Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
All,

I have a need to know how many legal deer you can take in your respective states. This would include bucks and does by any and all combined means or seasons (bows, muzzleloader, pistol, shotgun rifle).

Please let me know what state you live in and how many total deer you can take.

Many thanks,

Dan

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NV...one, and ALL are on lottery now. Resident buck tags come about once in 3 years of drawing, depending on the area selected.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nebraska - two licenses allowing bucks per year on any combination of archery/muzzleloader/firearm permits.
Any number of antlerless only permits.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Slidellkid: I don't partake of "extra-tag Deer Hunts" - one Buck Deer is usually enough for me.
But In an area of Montana adjacent to where I am Hunting this year a Hunter can get 1 to 5 "additional" doe tags for the wonderful table fare Whitetail Does!
So I think I "COULD" get 6 tags (1 Buck and 5 Does) here in SW Montana to use during our 5+ week Rifle and 6 week archery seasons.
I looked this up on page 46 of my 2,105 Montana Deer, Elk and Antelope Hunting Regulations.
Good luck in your quest - I wish I could be more helpful.
Hold into the wind
VarrmintGuy

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm not sure but at a minimum 2 buck and 6 (or is it 7?) antlerless. That doesn't include some "DMAP" (deer management assistance program, I think it's called) tags that could be a couple more.

I don't pay much attention to totals until I need to.....

Maybe a fellow NY'er can set me straight on those numbers??

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the NW region of NC where we hunt you get two buck and four doe tags then you can purchase an unlimited number of extra doe tags for 5.00 each.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
for SD I can get:
1 west river rifle
1 east river rifle
1 west river archery
1 east river archery
1 black hills deer
1 muzzleloader deer
1 refuge deer
1 CSP deer.

almost all of those require you to draw them, which would be hard to do all in 1 year, but possible.

no some areas have doe tags additional to that and those are 5 max per season/unit type. used to be we could get a lot more doe tags (10 bow, 10 muzzleloader). but that ended a couple years ago

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
In Colorado, it varies with the deer population.

Some year you can only get one tag.

Some year you can get three tags, with at least 2 of those being doe tags.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
most of west Tenn, 3 anterless deer a day and 3 antlered deer a year.

ked

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks all, please keep it coming.

Sniper, that actually makes sense - to adjust the harvest based upon population.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm from Mississippi and this is our regs this year.

Antlered Buck Deer: The bag limit on antlered buck deer is one (1) buck per day, not to exceed
three (3) per annual season.
Legal bucks must meet the antler criteria within the appropriate deer management zone. For
youth hunters fifteen (15) years of age and younger, hunting on private land and authorized state
and federal lands, all three (3) of the three (3) buck bag limit may be any antlered deer.

Antlerless Deer:
Private lands: The bag limit on Delta and Hill Zone antlerless deer is five (5) per annual season.
The bag limit on Southeast Zone antlerless deer is one (1) per day, three (3) per annual season.
U.S. Forest Service National Forests: The bag limit is one (1) per day, not to exceed three (3)
per annual season.
Hill Zone
Private and open public lands east of I-55 and north of I-20 plus areas south of I-20 and east of U.S. Highway 61,
excluding areas south of U.S. Highway 84 and east of MS Highway 35.
Southeast Zone
Private and open public lands south of U.S. Highway 84 and east of MS Highway 35.
Delta Zone
Private and open public lands west of I-55 and north of I-20 plus areas south of I-20 and west of U.S. Highway 61.

2015-2016 HUNTING SEASONS
Legal Weapons
Youth Gun: Youth may carry and use any firearm with which they can safely hunt, and in compliance with other applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Archery: Longbows, recurves, compound bows, and crossbows. There is no minimum or maximum draw weight. There is no minimum arrow length. Fixed
or mechanical broadheads may be used.
Primitive Weapons: Weapons legal for use during the Primitive Weapons season are all archery equipment and primitive firearms.”Primitive firearms,” for
the purpose of hunting deer, are defined as single or double-barreled muzzel-loading rifles of at least .38 caliber; OR single shot, breech loading, metallic cartridge
rifles (.35 caliber or larger) and replicas, reproductions, or reintroductions of those type rifles with an exposed hammer; OR single or double-barreled muzzelloading
shotguns, with single ball or slug. All muzzel-loading primitive firearms must use black powder or a black powder substitute with percussion caps, #209
shotgun primers, or flintlock ignition. “Blackpowder substitute” is defined as a substance designed, manufactured, and specifically intended to be used as a propellant
in muzzleloading or other black powder firearms, excluding modern smokeless powder. Metallic cartridges may be loaded with either black powder or modern
smokeless powder (cartridges purchased at sporting goods stores). Telescopic sights are allowed while hunting with any primitive firearm during the primitive
weapon seasons. A telescopic sight is defined as an optical sighting device with any magnification. During any open season on deer with primitive weapons after
November 30, a person may use any legal weapon of choice on private lands only, if the person is the title owner of the land, the lessee of the hunting rights on
the land, a member of a hunting club leasing the hunting rights on the land, or a guest of a person specified above. If the person is required to have a hunting license,
the person must have a primitive weapon license, Sportsman’s License, or a Lifetime Sportsman’s License.
Gun: There are no caliber or magazine capacity restrictions on firearms. Primitive weapons (as defined above) and archery equipment may be used during
gun seasons.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
In the NW region of NC where we hunt you get two buck and four doe tags then you can purchase an unlimited number of extra doe tags for 5.00 each.

for me:

Totally Disabled "LIFETIME" Sportsman $100.00
Statewide hunting and inland fishing for residents who are totally and permanently disabled as determined by the Social Security Administration, Civil Service Retirement System, Railroad Retirement Board, or the N.C. State Retirement System. Includes hunting for big game, hunting on game lands, hunting for waterfowl (does not include federal duck stamp), fishing in Public Mountain Trout Waters, fishing in trout waters on game lands, and fishing in joint waters. It does not include fishing in coastal waters.

screaming deal

excellent thread here I been thinking about relocating my drivers licenses away

Last edited by CoyoteChuck52; 08/28/15.

NRA Life Member
SAF Life Memner
CPL Life Member
B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
In Virginia you could theoretically take 284 deer, but of those only three can be antlered. Our urban archery season starts 5 Sept and ends 27 March. With a regular license you can take 6 but you can purchase unlimited bonus doe tags. So if you hunted every day, took your daily limit of 2 each day, and shelled out for the bonus tags your total would be 284.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
CA you can get 2 tags per year both bucks. There are very few antlerless tags available here.

NoCAL

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
never in my life have I wanted to cut up that many deer (shoot maybe)

NRA Life Member
SAF Life Memner
CPL Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In Georgia you can shoot 2 antlered deer (one must be 4pt or better on a side statewide, some counties have antler point and spread rules for all antlered deer) and 10 doe.

Additionally, if you are drawn for state park or national forest quota hunts they have additional limits not counting towards the ones above.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Montana B licenses
• A hunter may possess a total of seven deer B
licenses in any combination. PP107.
So a total of 8 including your A tag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oklahoma

Regular Season: 6 deer per individual
Bonus Antlerless Season: 1 deer per individual

Total: 7 deer per individual

Get drawn for a hunt on State managed lands and you could add 1 or 2 but everyone in the state can kill 7 deer regardless.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Wildlife hit with your vehicle do not count towards the bag limit of B tags.
http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/licenses/salvagePermit.html

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

4 per year here on the SE coast of AK. Free over the counter tags. 6 month season (bucks only from Aug 1 to Sept 15). Any weapon those 6 months.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1minute, 1234, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 64 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,155
Posts18,484,308
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.