Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Six if you're in a SE rural community plus able to proxy for others.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
In Minnesota, in one zone, you can kill an unlimited number of antlerless. Otherwise it's basically a single buck or if you get drawn for a doe tag, a single doe.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
I'm not sure but at a minimum 2 buck and 6 (or is it 7?) antlerless. That doesn't include some "DMAP" (deer management assistance program, I think it's called) tags that could be a couple more.

I don't pay much attention to totals until I need to.....

Maybe a fellow NY'er can set me straight on those numbers??
Depends on where you hunt or are willing to travel to hunt in NY. There have been no doe tags available in my DMU for the past several years due to low deer population. Here I'm limited to one buck with rifle. One of either sex with bow or muzzleloader and one antlerless with bow or muzzleloader. Some DMU's in special management areas have unlimited doe tags. Others with higher deer populations allow 2 doe tags per hunter while the majority of DMU's in the Southern tier allow one per hunter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
In the NW region of NC where we hunt you get two buck and four doe tags then you can purchase an unlimited number of extra doe tags for 5.00 each.

In Eastern NC you get 6 tags. The season limit for antlered deer is 4. There really is no limit on does because you can get more tags.

I see that the WNC gun season is only about 3 weeks , it is about 10 weeks here in ENC.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In my county, and most TX County's, 5 deer total, no more than 2 bucks.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
All,

I have a need to know how many legal deer you can take in your respective states. This would include bucks and does by any and all combined means or seasons (bows, muzzleloader, pistol, shotgun rifle).

Please let me know what state you live in and how many total deer you can take.

Many thanks,

Dan

Kill.......not take

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Arkansas statewide-6, in the zone where I live and hunt-4. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
In my region of S.C. (3) you are allowed unlimited antlered deer (daily and seasonal) and one antlerless deer daily on any or all of 8 either-sex days. Season runs from Aug.15th to Jan. 1st.
Also additional doe tags are available for a nominal fee.

John

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
In my county, and most TX County's, 5 deer total, no more than 2 bucks.

Actually in Texas, there are managed lands programs, and in them, a biologist sets the harvests. You don't even use a tag off your license, you use theirs or others you buy, last I recall about 5 dollars a tag.

In theory if you had enough ranches with managed tags, to take, and you could get the free tags or buy the others, you could shoot literally 1000 deer or more.

At least unless something has changed.

Obviously without that we get 5 whitetail tags. And you can take no more than 3 bucks, but in some counties no does, or use all 5 tags on does depending.....

Here its 2 bucks in general. One or two spike, no more than one "rack" buck fitting legals. And zero doe unless permitted. Or taken in archery season.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think the OP was asking what normal bag limits are in your area. Game Mgt Programs like that usually only happens if you have a pretty big surplus, or over population problems, and usually on pretty large Ranch's. Also, you basically let TP&W come in and manage your deer herd and only take what they predict you need to harvest.
It's great if your deer herd are litterally starving to death. Or your buck to doe ratio is 25 to 1. It can be a good management tool, in certain situations. Otherwise, It's not always a viable option.

I got to do a lot of that while working on my Wildlife Degree at TAMU.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/28/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MILES58
In Minnesota, in one zone, you can kill an unlimited number of antlerless. Otherwise it's basically a single buck or if you get drawn for a doe tag, a single doe.
Miles beat me to it. The metro zone has the unlimited doe take, but it's tough to get permission to hunt.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
In Arizona, it's one deer per year, no matter the species or method of hunting. All deer hunting is by lottery only.

Bill Quimby

J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
In Iowa this is an impossible question to answer right now due to county anterless quotas, as well as zones and urban area antlerless hunts that allow you to buy additional tags.

For bucks in general you are allowed one statewide Any-Sex Gun license(muzzleloader/shotgun/handgun)for one of the 4 seasons available for these methods and 1 Any-Sex Bow tag. So 2 bucks.

Last edited by JSH; 08/28/15.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We do a deer survey each year here on the ranch and submit the number to the Texas Parks and Wildlife, they tell us how many deer to take off each year to control our deer numbers, our numbers are usually around 330 to 350 which they give us tags for at no cost to the ranch.
We have found the TPW, to be very helpful when it comes to deer management. Rio7

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

4 per year here on the SE coast of AK. Free over the counter tags. 6 month season (bucks only from Aug 1 to Sept 15). Any weapon those 6 months.

Where are there 6 month seasons in SE?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
In my area of Maryland
Archery 1 buck and unlimited doe.
Muzzleloader 1 buck and 10 doe.
Gun 1 buck and 10 doe.
1 extra buck stamp after killing 2 doe.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho is 1 deer/year with a few exception units where you can get a 2d one. Instead of filling the freezer with 3 or 4 deer, I try to substitute an elk.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hard to take a deer anywhere unless you kill it first.

Missouri has many unlimited doe archery areas

2 bucks archery

Rifle max deer per year with an additional special hunt drawn.....6

Maximum bucks all methods possible is 4

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
In the NW region of NC where we hunt you get two buck and four doe tags then you can purchase an unlimited number of extra doe tags for 5.00 each.

In Eastern NC you get 6 tags. The season limit for antlered deer is 4. There really is no limit on does because you can get more tags.

I see that the WNC gun season is only about 3 weeks , it is about 10 weeks here in ENC.

Mike

The Western section is the shortest season. Some of it is that there are fewer deer but a lot of it is just a holdover tradition from years past when all seasons were shorter.

In the Northwest area we hunt it runs little bit longer. Nov. 21- January 1st.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I think the OP was asking what normal bag limits are in your area. Game Mgt Programs like that usually only happens if you have a pretty big surplus, or over population problems, and usually on pretty large Ranch's. Also, you basically let TP&W come in and manage your deer herd and only take what they predict you need to harvest.
It's great if your deer herd are litterally starving to death. Or your buck to doe ratio is 25 to 1. It can be a good management tool, in certain situations. Otherwise, It's not always a viable option.

I got to do a lot of that while working on my Wildlife Degree at TAMU.

Yep, and you said most counties or areas so to speak.

The management is more common than you think these days, and its not simply about overpopulation, its keeping everything balanced. We hunted with friends on a small ranch south texas until they sold it. 1500 acres. First year shot over 20 spikes.... Last years they had not nearly as many antlerless tags but the deer were pretty nice... 180 class bucks... it worked and we never had to use our other tags, so we could take 4-5 deer at our lease, and then go down and cull what they needed.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,154
Posts18,484,287
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.