Hop To
Page 25 of 49 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 48 49
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by eyeball
You dont know chitt, though you believe what a 4th grade teacher told you about it.

Says the guy who thinks it's moral to impregnate your own daughters, and then blame it on them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Wtf u been drinking. Youre crazy a a loon.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
AS,

Who said that it's moral to impregnate your own daughters and then blame it on them?

Also, pray tell how you know that all Lot's wife did was look back?

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Hatred is a poison that destroys us from within, producing bitterness that eats away at our hearts and minds. This is why the Scriptures tell us not to let a “root of bitterness” spring up in our hearts (Hebrews 12:15). Hatred also

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49
AS,

Who said that it's moral to impregnate your own daughters and then blame it on them?

TF

2 Peter 7-8 Is clear that Lot was just and righteous:

And [God] delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;) 2 Peter 2:7-8.

So, to answer your question, it was God that said so.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Hatred is a poison that destroys us from within, producing bitterness that eats away at our hearts and minds. This is why the Scriptures tell us not to let a “root of bitterness” spring up in our hearts (Hebrews 12:15). Hatred also

More dodging the question by spouting Bible verses....

Come on Doc, take a step in the direction of morality, and admit it immoral knock up your daughters and blame them for it.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/29/15.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Salty303
All it shows is that someone wrote that down a long time ago. Nothing more.

It shows you havent wanted everlasting life enough to ask for it.
But Lotts wife looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt, salty.

Sure and then Lott the only "righteous man" in Sodom, who offered up his virgin daughters to be gang rapped, then after his wife was out of the picture screwed and knocked up both of them himself, then had the audacity to blame his lechery on his daughters. crazy

So Lott is "righteous", but all his wife did was look back, and she deserves to be punished?

How is this consistent with a "moral" god?

God (through the angle) specifically told them to not look back. Lott's wife did.

God is moral because He means what he says. And when one chooses the behavior, one also chooses the consequences.

The idea that another being (God) has athourity over the concequences of our actions is at the heart of the debate over his existance.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
…7casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 8Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world

Search the world over finding injustice to attribute to Him while He has said He is with thr Father and preparing a place for us and that the devil roams the earth to and fro looking for suckers like you who will blame Him for giving us freedom to choose and giving ourselves for satan to use.

He isnt here, but He will return. Book it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Sure and then Lott the only "righteous man" in Sodom, who offered up his virgin daughters to be gang rapped, then after his wife was out of the picture screwed and knocked up both of them himself, then had the audacity to blame his lechery on his daughters. crazy

So Lott is "righteous", but all his wife did was look back, and she deserves to be punished?

God (through the angle) specifically told them to not look back. Lott's wife did.

God is moral because He means what he says. And when one chooses the behavior, one also chooses the consequences.

The idea that another being (God) has athourity over the concequences of our actions is at the heart of the debate over his existance.

Does that punishment really fit the crime?

Would you murder your own child for such a minor infraction?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
God knows you would be a bItter judge than He.

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So, you insist on judging Him. The truth will set us free. You, the supreme critiquer. Ha. What a joke.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
God knows you would be a better judge than He.

So would you, or Scott F, or Dwayne, or most folks here on the Fire.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

More dodging the question by spouting Bible verses....

Come on Doc, take a step in the direction of morality, and admit it immoral knock up your daughters and blame them for it.

And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters. 31And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth: 32Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. 33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. 34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. 35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. 36Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. 37And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day. 38And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.

Where in that passage exactly does Lott blame his daughters?

This is a prime example of dishonesty. Misrepresenting something for what I perceive as an addiction to debate.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TF49
AS,

TF

2 Peter 7-8 Is clear that Lot was just and righteous:

And [God] delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;) 2 Peter 2:7-8.

So, to answer your question, it was God that said so.

AS,

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. Where is it that God said it was ok to do the sin that Lot committed?

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Does that punishment really fit the crime?

Would you murder your own child for such a minor infraction?

Who determines the extent of punishment? The one in the wrong or the one who is wronged.

It is clear that the Almighty takes obedience seriously. That I think, is the real rub in your reaction.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
So, you insist on judging Him. The truth will set us free. You, the supreme critiquer. Ha. What a joke.

Where did I claim to be the supreme anything?

All I claimed to be was more moral then the blatherings of your bronze age goat herders who think it's ok to bang your own daughters.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/29/15.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mark 16:15-16English Standard Version (ESV)

15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned

This shows why believers tell others about the word. It is a command from God that we do so. It is part of obeying Him.

So if you are not Baptized, you are not saved?
How about babies that die before they are Baptized?
Didn't they go to Purgatory for about 2000 years before the Catholic Church changed it's mind?

Now you are going in a direction that will really bring out the worst in Christians. crazy

There is no way you can convince me that baptism is the only way you can make it to Heaven. I serve a loving god, one who will answer those who call on His Name. The soldier in the trench who make a plea to God is not damned to hell because he cannot stop the battle long enough to be baptised.

I will probably get smoked for this statement but I have been smoked before and lived so let it be. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Who determines the extent of punishment? The one in the wrong or the one who is wronged.

It is clear that the Almighty takes obedience seriously. That I think, is the real rub in your reaction.

The real rub is that you, and others, are so blinded by divine command theory you can no longer tell right from wrong.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
Mark 16:15-16English Standard Version (ESV)

15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned

This shows why believers tell others about the word. It is a command from God that we do so. It is part of obeying Him.

So if you are not Baptized, you are not saved?
How about babies that die before they are Baptized?
Didn't they go to Purgatory for about 2000 years before the Catholic Church changed it's mind?

Now you are going in a direction that will really bring out the worst in Christians. crazy

There is no way you can convince me that baptism is the only way you can make it to Heaven. I serve a loving god, one who will answer those who call on His Name. The soldier in the trench who make a plea to God is not damned to hell because he cannot stop the battle long enough to be baptised.

I will probably get smoked for this statement but I have been smoked before and lived so let it be. grin

Yea, and old Christian friend of mine suggested that as a great way to start a fight among the faithful. grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scott F

What amazed me is there is over 30,000 Christian sects, but you think you know the One True Christianity.

A Christian is a Christian when they except Christ as their personal Saviour. Church as in today’s meaning, a sect or a denomination, does not make or break a Christian. There are even Christians who do not follow or belong to any sect or denomination, I am one of them. Going to a church does not make one a Christian, furthermore most if not all churches have many members Christ may not recognize and His. Not going to a church does not mean you are not a Christian.

I do not believe there is one true sect or a denomination. I think there are different sects or a denominations because different people feel called or drawn to different styles of worship. I would attend no church who preached their way was the only way. But then I am more of a tad bit of a cantankerous old fart. grin

Well, if you would not attend any church who preaches their is the only way, that sure makes thinks a lot easier for you. It probably eliminates about 3/4 of the denominations for you! grin

Time was when your statement would be true. Not so much any more.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 25 of 49 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 21, 50 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,767
Posts18,476,729
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.