Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Stan V Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
that Hornady 100gr Interlocks are in stock.

Finally!

All American

All the time

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Better order them. I have gotten a notice from Midway and by the time I went to order it was already sold out.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Order them now.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yeah they keep notifying me when my .280 RCBS brass will arrive and to make sure that my credit card is viable, and the they notify me that it will be a latter date, again and again. I am about fed up and ready to tell them to kiss my ass. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they won't do that......

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by milespatton
Yeah they keep notifying me when my .280 RCBS brass will arrive and to make sure that my credit card is viable, and the they notify me that it will be a latter date, again and again. I am about fed up and ready to tell them to kiss my ass. miles

Then they email you to tell you they're canceling the backorders you've maintained for a year.

RLTW
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The $10 surcharge to Alaska soured me on midway. Flat rate boxes?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
in stock this morning.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
The $10 surcharge to Alaska soured me on midway. Flat rate boxes?

Only thing I can figure is they don't make enough money on shipping when the carrier ships at reasonable prices.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They've been decent when they've backordered stuff on me.

I want some .218 Bee and .25-20 brass, but that's not their fault.

I noticed they have a Danner sale going on, promising huge savings. So I pick the Mountain Light, and they tell me all sizes are temporarily unavailable. some sale smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have found a lot of better places than Midship, er Midway. Bullets.com is a great company to deal with. Great customer service! They are enlarging their inventory daily.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Don't feel too bad if your .280 RCBS brass never shows up. I bought a bag of that brass, found it to be entirely out of spec, ended having to throw it away.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Don't feel too bad if your .280 RCBS brass never shows up. I bought a bag of that brass, found it to be entirely out of spec, ended having to throw it away.

Might need to go ahead a cancel the order. The first promise of delivery was the end of April. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Stan V Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I ordered 10 boxes and they spiffed an extra $15 off if over $100 ordered. I received shipping notice already.

First 100 gr SP I've seen available in over a year.

Just checked....out of stock. I got lucky

Last edited by Stan V; 09/01/15.

All American

All the time
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
fugg midway. i have went on their site within a minute of getting that email and they were already sold out. and they randomly cancel backorders after 6 months or so. i think they just run a job once in a while that cleans out that queue.

My diploma is a DD214
N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I got one of those emails on 22lr a while ago. I put the 22s in my "cart". Put my password in to pay for them and get them shipped (yes, I've bought from them before). Once I log in they're not in my cart anymore! This whole process transpired over the course of 30 seconds...tops. I look back at the product page, it's now out of stock. I felt it was like I'd been robbed! As if I was in the checkout line at a store and some thugs took things out of my shopping cart at knife point.

I told CS of my disgust, asked was their system broken, etc. I was basically brushed off and told that you don't actually have them until they're paid for. I feel running it that way is very poor business and decide to end my funding of the world famous star, Larry. FWIW, I did send an email to Larry himself, and politely and directly told him what had happened and how I feel it was a bad business practice that needed improvement. He either never checks his email, doesn't have time to check them, or doesn't care as I have had no response and that was at least 6 months ago.

Last edited by NTG; 09/01/15.
Stan V Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This email alert hit at 9:15 last night. I was up and checked my email at 1AM and jumped on the order.

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got my notice (email) at 7:11 pm last night, ordered at 7 am this morning. (only 3 boxes)

Sycamore

I did have them on a "notify me" set up

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
NTG I had the same exact experience with them when ordering some long range ABs..I put them in my cart then went to buy other items...when I tried to check out they were gone.... I too contacted CS and told them this was a sorry way to do business. some BS response about how IT "might" change their method, at some point. I nicely wrote back and explained that was not going to fix their bad business practice... I too emailed Larry with no reponse...

He must be out writing more adventures...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NTG
I got one of those emails on 22lr a while ago. I put the 22s in my "cart". Put my password in to pay for them and get them shipped (yes, I've bought from them before). Once I log in they're not in my cart anymore! This whole process transpired over the course of 30 seconds...tops. I look back at the product page, it's now out of stock. I felt it was like I'd been robbed! As if I was in the checkout line at a store and some thugs took things out of my shopping cart at knife point.

I told CS of my disgust, asked was their system broken, etc. I was basically brushed off and told that you don't actually have them until they're paid for. I feel running it that way is very poor business and decide to end my funding of the world famous star, Larry. FWIW, I did send an email to Larry himself, and politely and directly told him what had happened and how I feel it was a bad business practice that needed improvement. He either never checks his email, doesn't have time to check them, or doesn't care as I have had no response and that was at least 6 months ago.

I had the same thing happen, and I was told their system can't pull the item from inventory until you're all done and paid. I told them that was stupid; most 12 y/o computer geeks could program a hold for 15 minutes to complete the transaction.

They did call me twice to apologize and to ask me my thoughts. I again told them to change their web sales program to lock the purchase when entered into the cart. They said they would see if it could be done and mentioned the problem had come to their attention from other customers.

I think they might make some changes. Who knows?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1Longbow, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,528
Posts18,491,150
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.